Rate Dr. Maria M. O'Toole

Dr. Maria M. O'Toole's Ratings

I've been going to this office for a few years only seeing NP Valerie if anyone knows where she went please post. I received a list of new doctors following the office closure but no mention of the NP's

Submitted June 23, 2013 | flag

I just got a letter in the mail this morning informing me of the "immediate closure of Practice and Transfer of Care" for Dr. Maria O'Toole! Never got a phone call advising of the closure. Does anyone know what is going on and why the office closed? I loved NP Valerie and have been seeing her for most of the 12 years I have been going to Dr. O'Toole's office. I'm 50 years old and now have to find a new gyn?!

Submitted June 22, 2013 | flag

Wow! I just got a letter today in the mail saying Dr. O'Toole's office is closed for good. Judging by the earlier comments, I must be the last one to know. I'm shocked and very disappointed. I agree with the other commenters that the office staff were rude. And can you believe it? In the 3 years I've been going there, I have never met Dr. O'Toole! Not once! But the NP's were always very nice and helpful so it didn't bother me. Well, my next appointment is not until the fall, so fortunately I have time to find a new doc.

Submitted June 22, 2013 | flag

I've been going to Dr. O'toole for years. She is a bit eccentric, but she knows her stuff. I would of never had babies if it wasn't for her. I will forever be grateful. The NP Valerie is wonderful, I will miss her. I wish they handle closing there doors a bit better. Good Luck to all the staff. I never had a problem with them.

Submitted June 21, 2013 | flag

Dr. O'Toole has been my Dr for over 26 yrs,delivered all 3 of my children and my grandson. I knew all of her staff over the years and would recommend her highly as I have done for many years. She has always been professional and very knowledgeable,the most compassionate Dr I have been to. I LOVE HER!!!

Submitted June 4, 2013 | flag

Closing your doors and not telling your patients where they can get copies of their records, let alone the results of their last annual exam. I recently had my appointment and now I will not know the result. So many things misdiagnosed. Very disappointing.

Submitted May 30, 2013 | flag

I have never seen such poor staff in my life. They were so rude and the wait for Dr. O'toole was at least an hour everytime. I personally have not had a bad experience with her and when I had a mis-carriage she rushed to the hospital in the middle of the night and was very supportive and comforting to my husband and I. I will agree that on other occasions she seems High or just out there but maybe that was just her personality.

Submitted May 17, 2013 | flag

I used to like the NP's in this office, until I had an argument with Cheryl, the office mgr, who is, in my opinion, the nastiest, rudest woman on earth. She made a mistake with my records, but refused to admit she was wrong, even laughing at me. Now the NP's, even my favorite one, will NOT see me. I have to see Dr. O'Toole, and I'm not comfortable with her. Bye Bye...you lost a patient.

Submitted May 13, 2013 | flag

As I am an older patient not in need of OB services, I do not have the concerns of a younger patient with regard to fertility, pregnancy and delivery. I was Dr. O'Toole for 12 years. I never had any problems with her office staff, and despite the long waits at times (she does have OB patients who need immediate attention after all!!), she always cared for me with the utmost attention and compassion. From my experiences at W&I Hospital talking to her PEERS, she is still known as one of the very best in RI.

Submitted May 9, 2013 | flag

Can someone please tell me why they are unavailable until further notice?, my Pap smear couldnt be processed, she said its nothing to worry about but I am worried, I haven't had my period in 3 months, cervical cancer runs in my family,, I keep taking pregnancy tests, they all say negative but i have never had an irregular period in my life..and she has me on yaz! Reading these reviews really makes me nervous, what is happening to me, I was hoping to see her on my apt yesterday, but when I got there saw the notice on the door, " until further notice" ,,, what does that mean??She called me back and left me a voicemail, she sounded under the influence of something,, looking for a new obgyn, any suggestions would be great!!

Submitted May 8, 2013 | flag