Dr. Rick Marden

Rate Dr. Rick Marden

Dr. Rick Marden's Ratings

This doctor has very little knowledge with regard to Lyme disease. Two days after a deer tick bite I had a fever of 101. I made an appointment right away. He told me it was just a cold and if it was Lyme I would not have had a stuffy nose along with the fever. He did not give me Doxycycline but instead told me to go to the lab for a test. As I am aware of the fact that a Lyme test will not show up positive for several weeks, I waited. After 5 weeks of severe stomach cramping which I thought was stress due to family issues I finally went for a test. It came out positive. Since stomach cramping is not the norm in Lyme symptoms I had no idea it was Lyme. Dr. Marden then put me on Doxycycline for a month. During this time I had done enough research to know that if Lyme is not treated with the first 4 wks it will become chronic and requires long term antibiotics. Dr. Marden refused to continue with the Doxycycline and told me the test results indicated that the Lyme was not active anyway.

Submitted April 28, 2014 | flag

My twins went to Dr Marden for 7 years until he moved. We miss him, i actually want to drive from Dixfield to Brunswick so that my kids can have their doctor back.

Submitted May 17, 2012 | flag

Dr. Marden has an excellent "bedside manner." He is direct but friendly and gave me one of the most thorough general exams I have had in years. He appears up on the latest research on issues like cholestoral and diet and clearly has a proactive approach to having patients stay health.

Submitted Jan. 13, 2012 | flag

I like Dr Marden. Hes very nice and has a great bed side manner. He takes his time and asks you if you have any questions. I recommend Dr Marden to anyone.

Submitted March 8, 2009 | flag