Rate Dr. Cynthia L. Kooima

Dr. Cynthia L. Kooima's Ratings

i was shocked to read the low grades given to dr.kooima by previous reviewers. this was the 4th time i have visited her since first becoming her patient in 2009. the 4 visits were for 3 separate injuries. my most recent appointment was a couple of weeks ago. each time she gave detailed explanations regarding my injury, showed an appropriate amount of concern, explained my options for treatment and left the decisions up to me. when i asked her what she would do if she were me,she gave me her opinion. and i have trusted what she has told me. she has never once pushed surgery the different times i visited her. SHE is the reason i do return to mezona. i had one bad experience there with another physician and she took over my care and treatment when i asked the office manager to intervene on my behalf. i am very happy there are doctors like her who not only take the time to listen, but also are experienced enough to know that surgery is not necessary for everyone to achieve a happy outcome.

Submitted July 13, 2014 | flag

The front office staff was nice. The doctor, however, did not show me my MRI's and explain them in good detail. When I asked for more explanation, she replied, "you'll just have to take things at face value" while holding the MRI up to the light in the room. My point is, I would appreciate someone who is willing to sit down and show me in detail what he or she sees, not hold the film up to the light on the ceiling and rush me out of there. Put the film on an illuminator, show me what you see, take the time to show me that I matter.

Submitted Jan. 9, 2012 | flag

Front office is terrible, original diagnosis was incorrect, botched surgery. All these things have made dealing with the workers comp much more difficult and they aren't willing to give me what I need to provide the workers comp. company for reopening my case.

Submitted Nov. 2, 2011 | flag

Dr Kooima was extremely kind & she sat down with me & took time to explain every detail of the MRI findings I couldn't understand on my own. She explained in full detail the surgery I would undergo & the reasons for all the pain I was having for over 7 years. I'm still recuperating but the overall experience has been made much better because if her. Her assistant Monicais really great help too! I've had many other surgeries, I just wish all Doctors were more like Dr. Kooima!!

Submitted Oct. 12, 2011 | flag

by far probably the rudest Dr. I have ever came across. I agree with the other patient who catagorized her as rude and arrogant. I would never recommend her to anyone. I won't even go back to Mezona because of her presence.

Submitted May 9, 2011 | flag

I found the Dr. to be professional and courteous. Diagnosed the problem promptly and prescribed appropriate care which cured the problem. I will return when and if needed.

Submitted March 9, 2010 | flag

She was very rude.Arrogant and very unprofessional. During my visit she yelled and talked down to me, also tossed package of MRI film across the room.Complete waste of time.

Submitted March 6, 2009 | flag