Dr. Lucius Blanchard

Foreign Lang: Spanish

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 2.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 21 reviews. Dr. Lucius Blanchard has a poor overall rating on RateMDs.com. frown

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dermatologist-related: skin disease, warts, acne, rash, dermatitis, skin tumors, moles, skin cancer, psoriasis
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5585973
28/06/14 3 1 1 2 Only spent 3 minutes with me. Kept trying to leave even though I still had other questions and problems to discuss. Kept asking me " Why didn't your primary care Dr. do this and why didn't he do that so he didn't have to" Only wanted to talk about the referral problem and not any other skin issue I had. Not a Dr. that I would ever recommend or want to go back to.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 5392625

20/04/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.7  Respond
RID: 3628821
10/12/13 3 2 1 1 This doctor should retire. Has a procedure on my nose for MOS and now have huge scars. Went back to question him and he said he could have cut my nose off if he wanted to. Refused to answer any questions. Cannot not imagine why they keep him on the staff.
RID: 2740997
30/07/13 1 1 3 3 It's not just Dr. Blanchard alone. It's his entire empire. Do not go to Las Vegas Skin & Cancer Clinic at all. My doctor was running an hour behind. When I finally got into the exam room, I was told the biopsy I came for would need prior authorization from my insurance. Not true, but they wouldn't listen. A one minute phone call could have cleared that up, but I guess that would take them too long after my ONE HOUR wait. My wife had an experience there almost exactly the same a few years ago. I guess things haven't changed. Their get 'em in, get 'em out way of doing business is impersonal and inflexible. With so many other dermatologists in Las Vegas, there is no need to subject yourself to such disrespect. DON'T DO IT.  Respond
RID: 2696963
28/06/13 1 1 1 3 the worst--schedules 8--10--patients per hour. you do the math.--should retire
RID: 2606701
03/04/13 4 3 1 1 I saw the Doctor but he barely saw me.My 30 seconds were up I suppose.The PA assistant was very helpful.I can't even recall what the Dr. looked like it was so fast(in-out,gone).
RID: 2599249
25/03/13 2 1 1 1 This is the guy to see if you enjoy sitting in a waiting room for extended periods of time, don't mind a doctor who isn't interested in what you have to say and overcharges. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere, I am glad I did.  Respond
RID: 2585507
14/03/13 5 5 5 5 y appointment was for 2:10. I arrived 30 minutes early for first time check in. Check in was with an iPad type device that was connected to a WIFI. It had a credit card reader for paying the co pay. About a minute after I swiped the credit card I heard my name called out. The desk knew I had finished. Less than a minute later I was called into a room where a physician’s assistant did all the necessary computer entries. This was in the Las Vegas Cancer Center. The room was as clean as any office I have seen. The Doctor came in, examined the site for which I was referred. He told the assistant to numb the area and left. The assistant numbed the area and told me what to expect. The doctor came in, excised the area and cauterized it. The assistant dressed it and gave me instructions for cleaning the wound. He sent me to check out where they gave me a receipt and said I was good to go. I was out at 2:30. Excellent doctor, excellent staff.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Respond

18/04/11 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1324671
31/12/10 1 1 1 5 Staff is clueless, we were left waiting hours each visit over a referral that was faxed over a month earlier. We were given an appt reminder belonging to another patient. My son was started on accutane and had a serious reaction. The after hours emergency on call physician at 702-308-0972 does not answer or return calls. The appt center is worthless in getting a message to the on call physician. Will not put me in touch with a supervisor. They do not confirm appts the day prior like every other doctor we have dealt with. Doctors are great but the support staff need to be fired...all of them. Clean house completely.  Respond
RID: 1277267
22/10/10 4 5 5 5 Dr. Blanchard is a fantastic, knowledgeable doctor. While his bedside manner may not be the best his excellence as a doctor makes up for it.  Respond
RID: 1264840
04/10/10 5 4 4 5 This doctor gets a bad rap. He's very good. Staff is great! Glad to be in his care!
RID: 1148115
12/04/10 1 1 1 1 This was THE most awful appointment ever! He was very abrupt and RUDE; I don't understand how a doctor could behave in such a deliberately uncaring way. Misanthropic demeanor.
Insurance: Unicare
RID: 1110180
19/02/10 1 2 1 1 I cannot understand whey Las Vegas Skin and Cancer Clinic keep this man. He spends very little time with you. He just cuts and leaves. Does not explain why he did what he did. Also does not tell you what to expect post-op. Has no compassion at all. He needs to retire immediately before he causes more damage to others.
RID: 1075837
12/01/10 4 3 1 3 Went in for several issues. First, my optician sent me to have a very small growth under my eye looked at. Also had some pre cancer on face that I wanted to be looked at. Third Extremely dry upper lip. Dr. Spent less than five minutes with me. Seemed annoyed by my questions. I had all these issues and I came away with a RX for acne. The office girl explained what the thing under my eye was and told me I could see an asthetician to have it taken care of. Will not return to Dr. Blanchard
RID: 1028337
07/11/09 2 3 1 1 This doctor is a joke. He takes no time to discuss your situation. He is a liability to the medical profession. I wonder why Las Vegas Skin & Cancer Clinic keeps him on.
RID: 975830
30/08/09 4 3 5 5 Not chatty, but will discuss issues if asked. Efficient and doesn't miss a thing. I've been going to him for 10 years and wouldn't change. Several skin cancers and AK treatments. He's tops.
Insurance: Aetna
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 820863
08/03/09 2 3 1 1 I'm an RN & he was horrible. Barely looked at me, didn't want to answer questions, hand was on door knob wanting to leave room, did not provide me the necessary treatment, staff rude, etc. Only interested in bottom line "more patients = more money"!
RID: 705470
20/10/08 4 3 1 3 I HAVE BEEN TREATED BY DR. BLANCHARD FOR A MINOR CYST REMOVED FROM MY HEAD, AND A BEAUTY MARK THAT TURNED NASTY. I HAD NO PROBLEM WITH HIM. HE DOES NOT HAVE ANY BEDSIDE MANNER OR IS WILLING TO EVEN DISCUSS ANYTHING WITH YOU. NEVER IN THE ROOM LONG ENOUGH TO EVEN ASK A QUESTION. I HAVE JUST TAKEN MY HUSBAND IN FOR A SMALL BASAL CELL, AND I WOULD NEVER RECOMEND THIS MOHS PROCEDURE. HE WAS SHOT WITH 4 NEEDLES OF NUMBING, WHICH NEVER TOOK AND 10 MILLIGRAMS OF VALIUM. THE PROCEDURE WAS NEVER COMPLETED. HE HAS NO PATIENCE ANS IS QUICK TO RUN OUT OF THE ROOM WITHOUT ANY KIND OF FUTURE RECOURSE FOR THE PATIENT. HE JAMS IN TOO MANY SURGERIES FOR A DAY. HUSBAND NOW HAS A GIANT HOLE IN HIS HEAD AND NOW MUST FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO FIX THIS. YEARS AGO THERE WAS A GREAT SURGEON A DR. STRATHIKIS WHO IS NOW RETIRED. HE WENT IN AND JUST CUT THE CANCER OUT. WISH I COULD FIND SOMEONE LIKE HIM NOW. YES I AGREE DR. BLANCHARD SHOULD HAVE BEEN A MORTICIAN, HE MISSED HIS CALLING. NEVER HAVE TO TALK.  Respond
RID: 610446
08/06/08 1 3 1 3 I have been apatient of Dr Blanchard for five yyears, and he has remove about six skin cancers for me. He is a terrible listener, and has the worst bedside manner of any doctor I have seen. His staff cover for him. I wanted to complain to the office manager, and that person never called me after I left four messages for him. Dr. Blanchard needs to Retire.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Paid (or co-pay): $35
RID: 32539
16/06/06 1 1 1 Was going in to have a cancer removed from my nose. Have had the appointment for over a month. When I went in the doctor asked me what I was there for, then said he didn't have the records and then told me to go home and he would call me if he found them. Extremely rude as well as the entire staff.  Respond
RID: 8528
23/06/05 2 1 1 He is arrogant, haughty and condescending. He did not recognize Celiac disease, (see celiac.com)and told me I had the skin infection because of picking my skin....had me do a biopsy that did not even test for the disease. There is a huge scar left where he did the biopsy. On the follow up visit, he told me I had to go the Mayo clinic for that, which is not true. It can easily be biopsied and treated by any dermatologist and a gluten free diet. He was downright mean and unsympathetic. I've heard other patients complain also of how awful he made them feel as I left his office. He needs to retire.  Respond