Rate Dr. Kathleen Davis

Dr. Kathleen Davis's Ratings

Stay away. Bad experience from the get go. Their waiting room makes me think Soviet era East Germany. The tiny opaque reception window is usually shut. My appointment was first thing in the AM but I still had to wait. Dr was condescending. She did not listen, even to things I repeated several times. I was told they would fax my prescription to my pharmacy. 3 days later the pharmacy had not received my prescription so I called the Dr several times. Nobody answered. The voice mail states they do not take messages. No option to find out their hours or location or anything else. I finally got a hold of them a week after my appointment and was told that my prescription is "waiting for the Dr to sign". When I asked why it took so long the receptionist rudely told me that she was away on Thursday and it would get done today(It is Tuesday today). The Dr may know her stuff (given her poor communication skills I really do not know) but has bad bedside manner and a poorly run office.

Submitted May 20, 2014 | flag

I would NOT recommend this doctor to anyone I know. She is always very late, does not let you ask any questions and when I tried to ask a question she said "let me talk, just listen and don't interrupt". She complains about other patients missed appointments and left me with a strong impression that she really didn't want me to get better but just wanted me to keep going to see her so that she can pay her bills. I go to see a doctor so that I can get better and not to be told to be quiet or to hear them complain how it is difficult to run a business. Her receptionist is very cold and rude and hides behind a glass door and puts up a notice on a piece of ugly brown cardboard saying that she is "Not available". I am 51 year's old and this is the first time in my life that I have felt the need to write a bad review about a doctor.

Submitted April 24, 2014 | flag

My G.P. ref'd me to Dr Davis so I typed in her name as search words to get her address/ map and this site was high in the results. After reading some scathing reviews I expected to meet a bee w/ an itch. Instead I met a "professionally warm" person who seemed to manage to listen despite being chatty (good chatty), apparently knowledgeable about conventional medicine & and open-minded or at least respectful of concepts from Complementary & Alternative Medicine. Her Medical Receptionist/ Nurse?, Maggie, was professional while "cautiously approachable" at first but quickly showed some warmth also. That I offer these observations is more significant as I often find people cold and dismissive of me, one of those guys who people on the bus will often sit next to only when it can't be helped. I'm glad I didn't let the -ve ratings stop me from going to this doc. Like everyone else, maybe the bad experiences were due to her and her Med. recep. having bad days???

Submitted Nov. 26, 2013 | flag

Dr Davis is the most unpleasant and rude doctor i have ever met i will never go back there again.Very unfriendly she makes you feel uncomfortable that you can't even ask any questions she is very rude!!!

Submitted Nov. 15, 2012 | flag

I have been seeing this horrible doctor for over a couple of years now and have had enough of her. She is always complaining and whining about everything. Very rude dissmissive. I don't recommend this doctor to anyone as she has no listening skills and no bedside manner

Submitted Jan. 11, 2012 | flag

About 20 years ago my family doctor suspected that I had fibromyalgia. He was right but we needed a rheumie to confirm it and to be available for any insurance issues which could (and did) come up. He referred me to Dr. Davis. She was s disaster. Her listening skills were non-existent and she was abrupt and cold in her delivery. When I dared to ask a question she told me not to ask her anything as it meant that I was not listening to her. No idea of back-and-forth dialogue. None. I have a low threshold for her type and after 3 visits I had had enough. My doctor referred me to another rheumie who was excellent in every way. I would never recommend this person to anyone needing a rheumie who treated the patient, not the illness.

Submitted Oct. 18, 2011 | flag

Dr. Davis has been my rheumatologist since 1985. Because of her help, kindness and prescribed treatments, I have been able to function, travel and work for the last 29 years, despite having a severe degenerative condition. She has always gone out of her way to help with both the little problems/challenges, as well as the big ones that are part of this condition. She is very dedicated to her patients. I owe her a debt of gratitude for enhancing my quality of life and making it possible for me to function as normally as possible.

Submitted Jan. 21, 2011 | flag

Always late(except on one occasion. Always in a hurry. Her receptionist is unsmiling very unfriendly;unlike the elder one before. Late to see me, and early to dismiss me.

Submitted Oct. 11, 2010 | flag

It is difficult to rate Dr. Davis' knowledge, given that she did not make her knowledge available to us. During medical appointments, she spent time complaining about her own issues. She stated that she strongly objected to "doing other doctors' work for them", but at the same time failed to do her own. She missed a critical diagnosis, and as a result, our mother is currently suffering a serious medical crisis that has only now been diagnosed by other medical professionals.

Submitted April 25, 2010 | flag

I've been seeing Dr. Davis for years and I have nothing to say but good things, despite all the negative comments here. In all my appointments, she's only run late once and I find she is quite helpful and sympathic. I appreciate her bedside manner and don't find her at all rude or demeaning. I like that she's honest and straight to the point; it suits my personality just fine. I'd rather have that than a doctor who treated me with little-kid-gloves or an idiot; if I wanted that, I'd lie and see a pediatrician. She is keen on trying new things as my situation doesn't fall under a 'typical RA' case regarding my age, symptoms, and blood work results. I'm sure other doctors would have given up on me by now so I appreciate her help and understanding.

Submitted Feb. 10, 2010 | flag