Rate Dr. Matthew Ng

Dr. Matthew Ng's Ratings

Dr Ng took advantage of my lack of knowledge and my generous dental plan to do a bunch of veneers. I had a ton of pain after and he kept saying it is normal. The pain wouldn't stop so I went to get a second opinion and he told me I had a bunch of cavities which should have been fixed before I got veneers. That's when I realized Dr Ng had taken advantage of me to enrich himself. Dr Ng is a greedy dentist who ignores real health issues in order to do the stuff that pays, and his patients are the ones who suffer, a lot of people have left his practice in recent months, and this is the reason why

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2758183].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

Agree he is a terrible dentist and I've also heard him gossip about other dentists and professionals in front of me and my family. It is so uncomfortable to hear this . Mainly the quality of his work is very poor and has gone downhill.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2755011].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2015

The worst dentist have ever met. Recommends so much unneeded treatment and has so many complications. Also Dr Ng gossips about other dentists to his staff in front of me. So unprofessional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2741860].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

After being a patient of the money hungry Dr Derek Kim for 5 years, I thank God every time I go for an appointment that I found such a wonderful, honest,caring and competent dentist that does what is best for his patients and not his bank account.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2732981].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2015

I have found a new dentist. The quality of his work has really gone down over the past couple of years and I feel his technique is very rough and causes unnecessary pain. His staff are ok though.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2726615].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2015

Excellent knowledgeable dentist. Deserves a five star rating.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2723309].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 16, 2015

I have seen Dr. Ng for over 10 years now and I have been consistently pleased with his services. Everyone from his receptionists to his hygienists are professional, friendly, and do everything they can to ensure that each one of my visits is met to high expectations.

I feel Dr. Ng and his team truly care for my well being and my teeth have never been in better shape. I would not hesitate for a second to bring her to see Dr. Ng. Dr. Ng has a wall filled and plastered with children's photos and their beautiful smiles showing their teeth. So he clearly has the experience and knowledge to deal with the toughest dental customers - the little ones!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2664531].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 28, 2014

I have known Dr. Matthew on and off for about 15 years. He was my sons dentist (grade 3) for many years. My son had a lot of dental issues and Dr. Ng was always great with my son. My son really liked Matthew, not that my son WANTED to go to the Dentist but I knew he was in good hands. I have had a lot of dental work myself and I am very particular as to who I trust to work on my teeth. Dr. Ng and his crew have been so good to me and again to my son(who is now 25 years old). I found Dr. Ng again last year and he did a fabulous job on my not so fabulous teeth. He is a very professional practitioner. He has a gentle touch and he explains things clearly. I broke one of my front caps in October and he fit me in right away. He put a temporary in and it looked so good that I told him he's a Rock Star. I now have a Bridge that looks so natural and brighter than before because he did a great job. This guy knows what he is doing ! Some of these other comments sound fishy to me. I wouldn't recommend Dr. Ng unless he really was worth it. He has fine skills, a gentle manner, he's kind (he cares about his patients) he listens and he has a great sense of humour. He works hard because he takes care of his family and he takes care of his patients and his crew (his assistants and the gals who keep things on track). I will continue to see Dr. Ng and so will my Son and his children (he doesn.t have any yet but...) These comments down below sound like a personal gripe to me. Dr. Ng has never acted unprofessionally around me regarding other dentists in the area but I have made clear who I like and who I don't like. Dr. Ng I like because I trust him. And yes, my front teeth look fabulous !

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2664380].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 28, 2014

I had a really bad fall and broke my front tooth. I looked awful and was so embarrassed and worried that I would have this big gap over the holidays.
Dr Ng fit me into his busy schedule and worked miracles and fixed my front tooth. Even though it's only a temporary solution, it looks fantastic. Finances are tight during this time of year for us but Dr Ng told me no worries, it was his gift to me. Best Christmas present ever! Thankyou Dr. Ng for your care and gracious act of kindness.
Can't wait to get my new tooth in the new year.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2660278].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 21, 2014

I first started seeing Dr.Ng after he removed my girlfriend's wisdom teeth. I witnessed the great deal of care and patience he has towards his patients. Ever since I was a child, I've been deathly afraid of seeing the dentist so his approach of explaining every procedure step-by-step and ensuring I'm comfortable before beginning is invaluable to me. I now drive from Richmond just to see him.

Contrary to previous reviews, I've never felt pressured to undergo unnecessary procedures.
Dr. Ng and his staff have always been quick to offer advice on how to better take care of my teeth without having to opt for cosmetic procedures.

My latest visit to have a cleaning from his dental hygenist, Sarah, was very pleasant. They made a great team in making me feel comfortable and taking away any stress or anxiety I have towards a dental visit.

Dr. Ng and his team are definitely great at what they do and you won't regret paying him a visit. Thanks guys!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2637825].votes_count ]]