Rate Dr. Matthew Ng

Dr. Matthew Ng's Ratings

I have seen Dr. Ng for over 10 years now and I have been consistently pleased with his services. Everyone from his receptionists to his hygienists are professional, friendly, and do everything they can to ensure that each one of my visits is met to high expectations.

I feel Dr. Ng and his team truly care for my well being and my teeth have never been in better shape. I would not hesitate for a second to bring her to see Dr. Ng. Dr. Ng has a wall filled and plastered with children's photos and their beautiful smiles showing their teeth. So he clearly has the experience and knowledge to deal with the toughest dental customers - the little ones!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2664531].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 28, 2014

I have known Dr. Matthew on and off for about 15 years. He was my sons dentist (grade 3) for many years. My son had a lot of dental issues and Dr. Ng was always great with my son. My son really liked Matthew, not that my son WANTED to go to the Dentist but I knew he was in good hands. I have had a lot of dental work myself and I am very particular as to who I trust to work on my teeth. Dr. Ng and his crew have been so good to me and again to my son(who is now 25 years old). I found Dr. Ng again last year and he did a fabulous job on my not so fabulous teeth. He is a very professional practitioner. He has a gentle touch and he explains things clearly. I broke one of my front caps in October and he fit me in right away. He put a temporary in and it looked so good that I told him he's a Rock Star. I now have a Bridge that looks so natural and brighter than before because he did a great job. This guy knows what he is doing ! Some of these other comments sound fishy to me. I wouldn't recommend Dr. Ng unless he really was worth it. He has fine skills, a gentle manner, he's kind (he cares about his patients) he listens and he has a great sense of humour. He works hard because he takes care of his family and he takes care of his patients and his crew (his assistants and the gals who keep things on track). I will continue to see Dr. Ng and so will my Son and his children (he doesn.t have any yet but...) These comments down below sound like a personal gripe to me. Dr. Ng has never acted unprofessionally around me regarding other dentists in the area but I have made clear who I like and who I don't like. Dr. Ng I like because I trust him. And yes, my front teeth look fabulous !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2664380].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 28, 2014

I had a really bad fall and broke my front tooth. I looked awful and was so embarrassed and worried that I would have this big gap over the holidays.
Dr Ng fit me into his busy schedule and worked miracles and fixed my front tooth. Even though it's only a temporary solution, it looks fantastic. Finances are tight during this time of year for us but Dr Ng told me no worries, it was his gift to me. Best Christmas present ever! Thankyou Dr. Ng for your care and gracious act of kindness.
Can't wait to get my new tooth in the new year.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2660278].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 21, 2014

I first started seeing Dr.Ng after he removed my girlfriend's wisdom teeth. I witnessed the great deal of care and patience he has towards his patients. Ever since I was a child, I've been deathly afraid of seeing the dentist so his approach of explaining every procedure step-by-step and ensuring I'm comfortable before beginning is invaluable to me. I now drive from Richmond just to see him.

Contrary to previous reviews, I've never felt pressured to undergo unnecessary procedures.
Dr. Ng and his staff have always been quick to offer advice on how to better take care of my teeth without having to opt for cosmetic procedures.

My latest visit to have a cleaning from his dental hygenist, Sarah, was very pleasant. They made a great team in making me feel comfortable and taking away any stress or anxiety I have towards a dental visit.

Dr. Ng and his team are definitely great at what they do and you won't regret paying him a visit. Thanks guys!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2637825].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2014

I have always been deathly scared to see a dentist and as a result my teeth were put off and in need of some serious work. Dr. Ng came highly recommended and turns out that my doctor and his receptionist also see Dr. Ng. All I can say is Dr. Ng is a true gentleman and has the nicest attitude. He managed to make me feel very comfortable and with the help of some sedation, I was able to have my whole mouth fixed. It was a long process but Dr. Ng made every effort during and after all my appointments to make sure I was well. He is a gem and so very supportive. Now whenever I smile, I think of Dr. Ng and am so grateful for his encouragement to have the dental work done. No regrets at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2613064].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2014

Dr. Ng and his assistant did a great job with my crowns and bridges, comfortable and look beautiful. Thanks guys!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2598944].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

Would be a lot better if didn't push the cosmetics so much. Overall does OK work

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2565221].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 5, 2014

Dr. Ng and Team,
Just a quick note to thank you for your brilliant customer service. You always treat me first class and are very gracious and flexible with your time.
Keep up the great work!
Best Regards,
Neil Dubord
Chief, Metro Vancouver Police

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2527266].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 7, 2014

Did a terrible job with crowns. Lots of pain. Went to get a second opinion and the dentist said I should have had less costly repair of fillings not crowns, and that crowns should only be a last resort. One crown ended up leading to nerve damage and I needed endodontic work which cost a fortune. I won't be going back here

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2504027].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2014

We are are so grateful to find Dr. Ng on this review board. Dr. Ng and his team are the best and deserve straight 5's across the board. Another dentist gave my husband and I an outrageous quote. So we went to see Dr. Ng for a second opinion. He is so honest and kind, and fully respects our treatment choices that we knew instantly he was a keeper. He showed us pictures of our teeth on the TV (which was very cool) and spent lots of time educating us on our problems and the solutions. The best part is we had options and he could make anything work and still stay within our budget. He also is very gentle and I can't believe I actually nodded off in the chair! We are just so happy with his care and all he has done for our family. It's dentists like Dr. Ng that bring faith and trust back into our healthcare system. Hope this will help you with your search for a wonderful dentist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2501712].votes_count ]]