Rate Dr. Matthew Ng

Dr. Matthew Ng's Ratings

I have always been deathly scared to see a dentist and as a result my teeth were put off and in need of some serious work. Dr. Ng came highly recommended and turns out that my doctor and his receptionist also see Dr. Ng. All I can say is Dr. Ng is a true gentleman and has the nicest attitude. He managed to make me feel very comfortable and with the help of some sedation, I was able to have my whole mouth fixed. It was a long process but Dr. Ng made every effort during and after all my appointments to make sure I was well. He is a gem and so very supportive. Now whenever I smile, I think of Dr. Ng and am so grateful for his encouragement to have the dental work done. No regrets at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2613064].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2014

Overall quite average. No better or worse than Other dentists in the area. I agree with other posts that he pushes cosmetics too much. Please, just stick to the basic dental workand do not treat me like an ATM machine

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2612599].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2014

Dr. Ng and his assistant did a great job with my crowns and bridges, comfortable and look beautiful. Thanks guys!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2598944].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

Would be a lot better if didn't push the cosmetics so much. Overall does OK work

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2565221].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 5, 2014

Dr. Ng and Team,
Just a quick note to thank you for your brilliant customer service. You always treat me first class and are very gracious and flexible with your time.
Keep up the great work!
Best Regards,
Neil Dubord
Chief, Metro Vancouver Police

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2527266].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 7, 2014

Did a terrible job with crowns. Lots of pain. Went to get a second opinion and the dentist said I should have had less costly repair of fillings not crowns, and that crowns should only be a last resort. One crown ended up leading to nerve damage and I needed endodontic work which cost a fortune. I won't be going back here

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2504027].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2014

We are are so grateful to find Dr. Ng on this review board. Dr. Ng and his team are the best and deserve straight 5's across the board. Another dentist gave my husband and I an outrageous quote. So we went to see Dr. Ng for a second opinion. He is so honest and kind, and fully respects our treatment choices that we knew instantly he was a keeper. He showed us pictures of our teeth on the TV (which was very cool) and spent lots of time educating us on our problems and the solutions. The best part is we had options and he could make anything work and still stay within our budget. He also is very gentle and I can't believe I actually nodded off in the chair! We are just so happy with his care and all he has done for our family. It's dentists like Dr. Ng that bring faith and trust back into our healthcare system. Hope this will help you with your search for a wonderful dentist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2501712].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2014

Three generations of my family goes see Dr Ng. I only can comment on my own experiences. Recently unbeknownst to me I had a filling damaged, over time my tooth starting to hurt so bad. As most individual would do, I procrastinated for a long time before I saw the dentist. I waited till the pain is too much. Fearing the worst when I finally showed up to Dr, Ng, I learned that the filling was damaged for a long time and things was getting yucky underneath and that is why the pain is so bad. Long story short. I figured lot of pain and lot of money. Happy to report Dr. Ng found a way to save the tooth and all done with hardly any pain to me and my wallet. On a side note my son is 8 and quite the uncooperative patient to most medical procedures but to our pleasant surprise after two visits to Dr. Ng he has no problem to go to see the dentist now and behave like a perfect gentlemen.
So all in all I would not hesitate for a second to recommend Dr. Ng to anyone who is looking for a top notch dentist. AND I put my money where my mouth is (pardon the pun). Please do contact me at webtech3d@yahoo.com if you need more info.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2486264].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2014

Keeps pushing cosmetic work that I DON'T WANT. Even when I tell him I just want my routine care and please stop pushing all this other work that I can't afford and don't even need. Always seems to recommend the most expensive treatment for any problem. I needed a root canal after some filling repairs he did. I'm fed up and will be switching to another dentist soon. I notice someone earlier said they've been with this dentist for almost 20 years....makes me realize a lot of these positive comments are from people who aren't even patients....the college of dentists website says he graduated in 2001 and he's been in practice for only 13 years. These positive comments are coming from people who aren't even real patients!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2483084].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 3, 2014

My girlfriend is from Japan, and unfortunately broke her crown after biting into some food on an airline. So we went to go and see Dr. Ng regarding the matter, and he was extremely professional and very polite. He knew that my girlfriend's second language is English and so he took his time to carefully explain how the crown was going to be done and how the whole procedure was going to work out. On top of the crown issues, my girlfriend also had problems with a filling that had problems (the original filling was done in Japan), he explained what was wrong with the filling, and how the filling was quite abrasive and laid out the different options for us on what we could do to fix the filling. He told us the pros and cons of reach method, as well as the pricing differences. Since her insurance didn't cover crowns, and we had to fully pay that, it was greatly appreciated that he gave us options for the filling. I highly recommend Dr. Ng for any dental work.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1239586].votes_count ]]