Rate Dr. Matthew Ng

Dr. Matthew Ng's Ratings

A terrible dentist. I agree he's a nice guy but the most important thing is the quality of work and that's just very lacking. Very insecure and that's probably why he feels the need to bring other people and colleagues down. I know a friend if who grew up with him as a kid and says he was beaten and bullied as a kid and so is very jealous of people who are more successful than him especially those who seem to get more praise and credit. Cut him a bit of slack. but he's got a let that all go. A professional should not gossip about other colleagues. I would suggest that people who he gossips about hire a lawyer to look at issues of slander libel and defamation. I know that his staff are good though. Just not the dentist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2661063].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 22, 2014

I had a really bad fall and broke my front tooth. I looked awful and was so embarrassed and worried that I would have this big gap over the holidays.
Dr Ng fit me into his busy schedule and worked miracles and fixed my front tooth. Even though it's only a temporary solution, it looks fantastic. Finances are tight during this time of year for us but Dr Ng told me no worries, it was his gift to me. Best Christmas present ever! Thankyou Dr. Ng for your care and gracious act of kindness.
Can't wait to get my new tooth in the new year.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2660278].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 21, 2014

Has a very poor reputation in the local dental community. Dr Ng gossips about and disparages other dentists in front of his patients. Runs an assembly line dental practice, pushing through high volumes of patients to maximize income. Works longer hours than any dentist in our community, and not because he loves his patients, he loves the money. Most importantly, is known for a high rate of complications in his dental practice and severe consequences for his patients. I've told patients that they should report him to our college if he gossips about colleagues or any other professional to them as it is punishable as unprofessional conduct. I have had patients leave his practice and go to others such as mine because of such conduct that they found disturbing. Report this to the college of dental surgeons right away if he does this. It is unacceptable and should be punished

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2659235].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 20, 2014

A very nice guy but does poor quality dental work. I have found another dentist

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2653290].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 15, 2014

I first started seeing Dr.Ng after he removed my girlfriend's wisdom teeth. I witnessed the great deal of care and patience he has towards his patients. Ever since I was a child, I've been deathly afraid of seeing the dentist so his approach of explaining every procedure step-by-step and ensuring I'm comfortable before beginning is invaluable to me. I now drive from Richmond just to see him.

Contrary to previous reviews, I've never felt pressured to undergo unnecessary procedures.
Dr. Ng and his staff have always been quick to offer advice on how to better take care of my teeth without having to opt for cosmetic procedures.

My latest visit to have a cleaning from his dental hygenist, Sarah, was very pleasant. They made a great team in making me feel comfortable and taking away any stress or anxiety I have towards a dental visit.

Dr. Ng and his team are definitely great at what they do and you won't regret paying him a visit. Thanks guys!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2637825].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2014

I have always been deathly scared to see a dentist and as a result my teeth were put off and in need of some serious work. Dr. Ng came highly recommended and turns out that my doctor and his receptionist also see Dr. Ng. All I can say is Dr. Ng is a true gentleman and has the nicest attitude. He managed to make me feel very comfortable and with the help of some sedation, I was able to have my whole mouth fixed. It was a long process but Dr. Ng made every effort during and after all my appointments to make sure I was well. He is a gem and so very supportive. Now whenever I smile, I think of Dr. Ng and am so grateful for his encouragement to have the dental work done. No regrets at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2613064].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2014

Overall quite average. No better or worse than Other dentists in the area. I agree with other posts that he pushes cosmetics too much. Please, just stick to the basic dental workand do not treat me like an ATM machine

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2612599].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2014

Dr. Ng and his assistant did a great job with my crowns and bridges, comfortable and look beautiful. Thanks guys!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2598944].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

Would be a lot better if didn't push the cosmetics so much. Overall does OK work

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2565221].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 5, 2014

Dr. Ng and Team,
Just a quick note to thank you for your brilliant customer service. You always treat me first class and are very gracious and flexible with your time.
Keep up the great work!