Rate Dr. Matthew Ng

Dr. Matthew Ng's Ratings

Did a terrible job with crowns. Lots of pain. Went to get a second opinion and the dentist said I should have had less costly repair of fillings not crowns, and that crowns should only be a last resort. One crown ended up leading to nerve damage and I needed endodontic work which cost a fortune. I won't be going back here

Submitted Aug. 19, 2014 | flag

We are are so grateful to find Dr. Ng on this review board. Dr. Ng and his team are the best and deserve straight 5's across the board. Another dentist gave my husband and I an outrageous quote. So we went to see Dr. Ng for a second opinion. He is so honest and kind, and fully respects our treatment choices that we knew instantly he was a keeper. He showed us pictures of our teeth on the TV (which was very cool) and spent lots of time educating us on our problems and the solutions. The best part is we had options and he could make anything work and still stay within our budget. He also is very gentle and I can't believe I actually nodded off in the chair! We are just so happy with his care and all he has done for our family. It's dentists like Dr. Ng that bring faith and trust back into our healthcare system. Hope this will help you with your search for a wonderful dentist.

Submitted Aug. 17, 2014 | flag

Three generations of my family goes see Dr Ng. I only can comment on my own experiences. Recently unbeknownst to me I had a filling damaged, over time my tooth starting to hurt so bad. As most individual would do, I procrastinated for a long time before I saw the dentist. I waited till the pain is too much. Fearing the worst when I finally showed up to Dr, Ng, I learned that the filling was damaged for a long time and things was getting yucky underneath and that is why the pain is so bad. Long story short. I figured lot of pain and lot of money. Happy to report Dr. Ng found a way to save the tooth and all done with hardly any pain to me and my wallet. On a side note my son is 8 and quite the uncooperative patient to most medical procedures but to our pleasant surprise after two visits to Dr. Ng he has no problem to go to see the dentist now and behave like a perfect gentlemen. So all in all I would not hesitate for a second to recommend Dr. Ng to anyone who is looking for a top notch dentist. AND I put my money where my mouth is (pardon the pun). Please do contact me at [email protected] if you need more info.

Submitted Aug. 7, 2014 | flag

Keeps pushing cosmetic work that I DON'T WANT. Even when I tell him I just want my routine care and please stop pushing all this other work that I can't afford and don't even need. Always seems to recommend the most expensive treatment for any problem. I needed a root canal after some filling repairs he did. I'm fed up and will be switching to another dentist soon. I notice someone earlier said they've been with this dentist for almost 20 years....makes me realize a lot of these positive comments are from people who aren't even patients....the college of dentists website says he graduated in 2001 and he's been in practice for only 13 years. These positive comments are coming from people who aren't even real patients!

Submitted Aug. 3, 2014 | flag

My girlfriend is from Japan, and unfortunately broke her crown after biting into some food on an airline. So we went to go and see Dr. Ng regarding the matter, and he was extremely professional and very polite. He knew that my girlfriend's second language is English and so he took his time to carefully explain how the crown was going to be done and how the whole procedure was going to work out. On top of the crown issues, my girlfriend also had problems with a filling that had problems (the original filling was done in Japan), he explained what was wrong with the filling, and how the filling was quite abrasive and laid out the different options for us on what we could do to fix the filling. He told us the pros and cons of reach method, as well as the pricing differences. Since her insurance didn't cover crowns, and we had to fully pay that, it was greatly appreciated that he gave us options for the filling. I highly recommend Dr. Ng for any dental work.

Submitted Dec. 30, 2013 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Ng for almost 20 years. He is incredibly kind and always takes the time to explain the work that needs to be done, what options are available and what he feels would be the best way to proceed for my circumstances. He always contacts me after more challenging work to ensure I'm feeling ok and not experiencing any problems and tries his best to ensure I feel nothing (which isn't always possible), but I know it bothers him more than me. His staff is awesome -- friendly and professional and always try to accommodate my schedule. I wouldn't consider going anywhere else!

Submitted Nov. 3, 2013 | flag

Dr. Ng was very professional and explained the procedures and what to expect to me thoroughly. Being a first time patient in dealing with something other than a regular teeth cleaning, he really did a good job in calming my nerves and making me feel comfortable. He explained all the details of what to expect very well and made me feel at ease and I trusted him every step of the way. I am more than satisfied with the work he has done on me and am willing to recommend him to anyone who will not accept anything less than perfect!

Submitted April 29, 2013 | flag

Dr. Matthew Ng is the best dentist i have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. With his wealth of knowledge and excellent team they are second to none. All of Dr.Mathew Ng's helpers are polite and never judge. I feel at home when i come to his practice and am never put down for neglecting my teeth (like most of us do). Dr.Matthew Ng has made my experience with him so pleasant that i have my whole family, friends, and my own employees come to get their work done here. The hours of operation are super accommodating and his work is second to none. I highly recommend Dr. Matthew Ng and he will forever be my Dentist. Great Job Dr.Matthew Ng!!!!!

Submitted Feb. 2, 2013 | flag

Dr. Ng is an awesome dentist! I consider myself extremely fortunate to be treated by him. Prior to being treated by Dr.Ng, I suffered for years with chronic dental abcesses that ruined my teeth and caused me to live with chronic dental pain. Before Dr. Ng, no other dentist who had treated me was able to resolve this problem. Under Dr. Ng's care this matter has fully resolved, I (thankfully) no longer have chronic dental abcesses and pain, and my teeth has been rehabilitated. Plus, I have the added bonus of a great smile! Dr. Ng truly cares about his patients. I found him to be gentle, proactive (listening to my imput about my treatment plan)and approachable. Not only is Dr. Ng an excellent dentist, he's a great artist! The cosmetic dentistry Dr. Ng did for me is beautiful and I am really happy with the results.

Submitted Nov. 13, 2012 | flag

I was not happy with the dentist's I've had over the years and began my search for a new dentist. I mentioned this to a friend who replied " I've got the greatest dentist there is," I was of course sceptical, but after talking to two other friends who little did I know said the same thing. Well guess what? they were all talking about the same guy. Dr. Mathew Ng. I made an appointment and went to see Dr. Ng, he asked me some questions about my teeth and one was if I had anything I didn't like about them. I told him how for the past forty years I had not smiled due to these very crooked two teeth I had. He said, "I can fix that and make your smile almost perfect." It only took Dr. Ng an hour and I walked out with a grin on my face in total amazement at how great a job he did. Not only that, he is the most professional and competent Doctor I have ever come across. He genuinely cares for his patients and I would honestly say I am very lucky to have Dr. Mathew Ng as my dentist.

Submitted Oct. 30, 2012 | flag