You may also like

Rate Dr. P. Govender

Dr. P. Govender's Ratings

Dr. Govender took extremely good care of me, he was knowledgeable, kind, patient, and extremely professional. His staff, both in his office and in the OR were fabulous, throughout the whole surgery experience I felt cared for and that I as a patient truly mattered. Dr. G and his OR staff even stayed extremely late (8:30 pm) to do my surgery which had been booked at 3:30, but emergencies happen, even though it is stressful to wait, I was treated very well.
TMC

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2797222].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

I was referred to Dr Govender for symptoms including pain and numbness in my hands and arms.
Dr Govender was very informative and thorough in his analysis of my situation .
I found him to be kind and empathetic to my concerns and fears regarding spinal surgery
Ultimately he operated and fused my 5/6 vertebrae.
I have had 100% recovery and am back to a pain free active life.
His evaluation and skill as a surgeon have changed my life.
Everything was thoroughly explained and every detail was as expected.
I could not recommend him as anything but excellent!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2740185].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

Just like the rest ,I was in need of a Neurosurgeon, I was recommended also to him.to be fair to him, there is lots worse and lots better, some are quacks and some are normal. I think he is super smart, so smart that this complex that we speak of is so normal to him that it has become his personality. My issue is this, you forget where you came from, you are not going back to the trill of each patient having a unique condition ,and I would bet he finds that out with each surgery he preforms. I personally don't like the fact that I am treated like ,I know what the problem is because have seen this before. Then some of the things he said don't match ,so I know it wasn't the same as he had seen before. Anyway he is ok if taken with a grain of salt, I do like his intelligence, but it does scare me. I hope if this is read it will be humbling and those books , that's where it started from. Reading .....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2719485].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2015

Dr Govender Was the first doctor to who finally listened to me and told me that I should have been sent to him years earler !! I had an MRI in 2011 and was told by family doctors and specialist that no one would operate on "just neck pain" turns out it wasn't just neck pain!! My spinal cord was pinched and I was on my way to permeant damage. I had my surgery about 4 months ago and I feel like it has given me a new lease on life. I am very grateful for his knowledge and help. We don't always hear what we want from Doctors, and I think some times we may confuse this with a lack of compassion. I would much rather have a doctor that doesn't operate on me because it won't help then a doctor who does just to make his patients happy and tell them what they want to hear. Doctors don't study for years to become our friends. Neck and back pain is an awful condition to live with!! But just because a doctor can't help you surgically does not make him a bad Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2700652].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2015

I have read all the negative comments regarding this doctor; however, so far I have had a good experience with him. I have not had to contact him yet regarding issues, so things might change. I had my surgery on a Friday, and he came every day to see me until my discharge on Tuesday.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2665122].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2014

I have to agree with the other comments I'm sorry that I have been sent to a arrogant, egotistical, no concern for the patients pain and feelings. I found him unprofessional he should learn the patient knows their body better than he does. I had surgery once before in the neck my symptoms are the same as the last time telling me that the pain I am going through has nothing to do with the neck. It's my neck I feel what I feel don't tell me what I am suppose to feel.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2580713].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2014

I can only agree with all the negative comments others have made about this "so called physician". I have never met such an arrogant, egotistical, incredibly rude individual. Not only did he negate my experience with pain, but lectured me that I should never have seen a radiologist for my neurectomies as quote "they dont know what they are doing-they don't have the proper training-never able to make a diagnosis" and "I am the Expert-I do neurectomies and the nerve NEVER grows back" He continued to rant about my GP, her training and experience. This person suffers from acute ageism quote "you'r old what do you expect -the pain is all in your head". As the recognised only "expert" in the field of neurosurgery he told me that all old people have some stenosis in their spine -and quote" stenosis does NOT cause pain" .what garbage. Do not come anywhere near this individual for medical advise He is the worst of a breed of uncaring individuals with a massive GOD COMPLEX. .STAY AWAY>

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2571197].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

God Complex, no personality. Leaves you guessing - very abrupt and arrogant.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2528107].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

As some users have previously mentioned, no, this is not a review on the wrong "Dr. P. Govender". This is a review on Dr. P. Govender in Kelowna, BC. Trust that I do have the correct physician. This man is extremely egotistical and rude. He does not care about his patients. He is very callous, and acts as if he is God's gift to the world. He treated my Dad horribly and wasted his time and money. Clearly he picks and chooses favourites. I wish my Dad lived in Alberta where I live so that he could deal with REAL doctors who are genuine and have their patient's best interest in mind. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. Avoid at all costs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2445955].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

I have had two spinal surgeries with Dr. Govender performing them both. I found him to be forthright and honest. He did not leave me guessing what my outcome would/could be. I knew going into surgery what to expect and the approximate time to expect it. Also what to expect during my recovery.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1239730].votes_count ]]