Rate Dr. P. Govender

Dr. P. Govender's Ratings

As some users have previously mentioned, no, this is not a review on the wrong "Dr. P. Govender". This is a review on Dr. P. Govender in Kelowna, BC. Trust that I do have the correct physician. This man is extremely egotistical and rude. He does not care about his patients. He is very callous, and acts as if he is God's gift to the world. He treated my Dad horribly and wasted his time and money. Clearly he picks and chooses favourites. I wish my Dad lived in Alberta where I live so that he could deal with REAL doctors who are genuine and have their patient's best interest in mind. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. Avoid at all costs.

Submitted June 20, 2014 | flag

I have had two spinal surgeries with Dr. Govender performing them both. I found him to be forthright and honest. He did not leave me guessing what my outcome would/could be. I knew going into surgery what to expect and the approximate time to expect it. Also what to expect during my recovery.

Submitted Aug. 26, 2013 | flag

Dr Govender operated on me on May 10 ? 2011. I had a profuse bulging disc L4-L5 S1 .I had horrible sciatic pain for 10 months before the surgery. (should have asked for help earlier) I was URGED by close to a dozen people in Kelowna to see him for the surgery. At least half of the people who urged me to see him work at the hospital. They have a very high opinion of him. The other people that urged me to see him had been operated on by him or (hmmmm) hadn't been operated on by him. I found him to be an extremely likeable man, professional and sympathetic. I had NO fear going into the surgery. He pushed to get me operated on as fast as possible, as he was afraid that I would have lasting nerve damage otherwise. I woke up after the surgery with ABSOLUTELY no pain. In fact, I went out for an hour the next day and for 4 hours the following day. I HIGHLY recommend this surgeon ! I will always feel indebted to him. I pass his name on to anyone who is thinking of having Neurosurgery.

Submitted Jan. 18, 2013 | flag

Dr.Govender was one of the nicest, most helpful doctors I have ever met. He was kind and made me feel at ease about a very serious situation. I am convinced that the negative reports on this site about him must be in reference to another Dr. Govender... there are actually a few in western Canada (or those patients may have a serious psychological problem affecting judgement). I feel privileged to have this doctor and will recommend him to anyone, anywhere.

Submitted April 25, 2012 | flag

the rudest most callous man i have ever encountered. unbelievably unprofessional. god complex.

Submitted Aug. 15, 2011 | flag

Dr Govender yelled at us when we disagreed with him He is arrogant and rude Because of his arrogance we had to wait 7 days in acute pain in the hospital before we had another surgeon operate on our sons disc

Submitted July 14, 2011 | flag

I had a C5/6 Anterior Decompression & Fusion done by Dr. Govender on February 25, 2011. I am extremely pleased with the results thus far. He was kind, calm, collected, knowledgeable and seems to know exactly what he is doing. I do strongly believe that some of the negative comments left here may be for some other Dr. Govender, the comments do not relate in any way to the Doctor that I had the pleasure of dealing with. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Submitted April 20, 2011 | flag

After waiting for over one year to get an appointment and over an hour in the waiting area for (I think it was the first appointment) after lunch, this doctor spent 15 minutes in total with me. I timed it. He was cold/rude/ignorant and told me "you rode horses and skied, what did you expect?" as a comment on the state of my spine and the pain I suffer. I requested my report after and it is an inaccurate report of what occured in the office. He blamed my emotional state on my pain and frustration, rather than on his poor behaviour. I would never recommend him for anyone .

Submitted March 13, 2011 | flag

Found him to be very rude and will not address my syrinx as a cause for chronic back and neck pain. Eventhough every report that I have read says that it does. Contacted University of Toronto and they sent me links to information on syrinx and every report says that it causes chronic pain. Wish that Dr. Govender would read those reports as well.

Submitted Jan. 27, 2011 | flag

this doctor is excellent and couldn't ask for a better doctor. I had broke my back and he was an angel who came to my rescue and I can't thank him enough.

Submitted Dec. 14, 2010 | flag