Dr. Douglas A. Chen

Doctor (M..D.)

Location:
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Map External Link
Gender:M
Specialty:Ear Nose and Throat (ENT)
Website: pittsburghear.com External Link
Grad. Year: 1980

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 25/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 2 reviews. Dr. Douglas A. Chen has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Ear Nose and Throat (ENT)-related: ears, nose, throat, hearing loss, tonsillitis, nasal surgery, endoscopy, laryngology, reconstructive surgery of the head and neck, thyroid surgery, endoscopic sinus surgery, swallowing disorders, sleep apnea, vertigo
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 2557437

12/02/13 1 1 1 1 His staff prohibited me from receiving treatment for my tinnitus unless I agreed to an audiology exam. I told them that I was recently injured (acoustic trauma) from an audiology exam and therefore would like to avoid having another exam. They just laughed at me and told me essentially that 'the rules are the rules'!! I had to cancel for fear of my safety. I waited for 3 weeks for this appointment and needed medication within a certain timeframe to prevent this acoustic damage from becoming permanent. It is highly ironic that an audiology exam caused my injury and another audiology exam issue made it permanent. Dr. Chen gave me a hearing test in the past but I guess the audiology department wants in on the action to make even more money off of me. I have very little money and have to sleep in my car.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Respond

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Douglas" to "Douglas A."
RID: 813250
05/03/09 4 3 5 5 One of the best doctors to see for the treatment of Balance Disorders. Performed a Vestibular Nerve Section in the treatment of my Menierre's Disease, which completely eliminated the frequent vertigo attacks I was suffering from. A great doctor!
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield