Rate Dr. Stephen Tredwell

Dr. Stephen Tredwell's Ratings

Dr. Tredwell was an intern when I met him in 1974. He assisted Dr. Thompson with the correction of my scoliosis. I was 16 and up until now I have had no issues. I was hoping Dr. Tredwell was still active in his field for spinal correction as I wanted his advice or even a referral. I did read that Dr. Tredwell has retired...If anyone knows of an exceptional Dr as he please post referral...kindly Carole

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1239806].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 1, 2012

I crushed a vertebrae and fractured another when I was 12. Dr.Tredwell conducted the surgery and the follow ups. He was kind and honest. He explained everything so I understood it; every x-ray, scar and procedure. Eleven years later and I am on my feet all day serving with minimal pain. I learned to walk and dance again. If you ask me, this man worked true miracles. (If you read this, thank-you from the bottom of my heart)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1239805].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2012

I WAS 4 WHEN I MET HIM AND STILL HAVE WONDERFUL MEMORIES OF HOW NICE HE WAS WHEN I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH LEGG CALVE PERTHES DISEASE

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1239804].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 30, 2011

I had a terrible experience with Dr. Treadwell in 2002-03. He put his ego ahead of my care, had a staff incompetent to the point that they were making breaches of protocol that put my health in danger, and when my parent tried to contact him via his work e-mail, he threatened her if she ever contacted him that way again. I ended up spending nearly six months in the hospital because Dr. Treadwell refused to acknowledge that my open hip wound was infected, and because the results of wound swabs kept coming back negative due to a PA's breach of protocol. Fortunately, I have a medical professional in the family who realized the PA was taking the swabs to the overnight lab, where any infection that died in air would not show up. At one point, due to the delay in finding the infection, I was in surgery every other day to clean the wound. Dr. Treadwell never said hello when he stopped by, treated me like a stain on his record. That's just my experience but it's worth noting.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1239807].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2011

he was very, very competent and compassionate. he fused my ankles and treated me like I really mattered.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1239803].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2010

In middle school I discovered a abnormality in my arms. After seeing a specialist in Chilliwack and one in Abbostford we came to Dr Tredwell. During the time before Dr. Tredwell nobody could tell us what caused my arms to bend in a funny way but after one visit and a month of research on Dr Tredwells side he discovered my problem. When he preformed my surgery it was the first one he ever done (I was a rare case) and it took 3 hours. The second arm only took 2 hours since in his words "I know what I am doing now" (with a big grin on his face). After I got married we thought about children and I contacted Dr Tredwell's office and they connected me to him and after about 8 years he still remembered my case. His office took the time to refer me to a doctor that could help me as an adult to make sure my arms where as good as they could be and that my children would be okay too. Thank you Dr Tredwell for all you help and smiles

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1239802].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 6, 2010

Dr.Tredwell was my doctor from the time I was 6 months old. He diagnosed my scoliosis and did my first 2 spinal surgeries in 1990 and 1992. I remember how kind and compassionate he was to me (I am 32 now). In 2000 i had to have one set of spinal rods removed and had to go to an adult orthopedic surgeon. I was devasted that i outgrew Dr. Tredwell. Sad to hear he has retired but happy for him and his family. Many thanks to a great man and excellent doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1239801].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2010

Dr, Tredwell was the most amazing doctor ever, in 2001, when i was 10 i was diagnosed with spondylolisthesis, Dr Tredwell was very attentive to my case, when my extensive surgery to correct my condition was postponed due to the nurses strike, he went to the medical board and demanded that they let him operate on me because i needed the surgery very badly. I truly believe that he saved my life. He is the most wonderful, cheerful caring person i have ever met. He is amazing, a true gift from God.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1239800].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2009

Dr Tredwell is the best surgeon ever! He did my scoliosis surgery back in 2005. He was such an amazing surgeon. Scoliosis has changed by life and because of Dr. Tredwell it changed my life in a positive way!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1239799].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2009

My son had Legge-Perthes. After months of no answers he diagnosed him in 5 minutes. As a nurse, I have worked with many nurses and Dr. Tredwell is about the best!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1239798].votes_count ]]