Dr. David Daniels

Grad. Year: 2005

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 28/07/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 7 reviews. Dr. David Daniels has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Cardiologist-related: heart disease, heart problems, artery disease, arterial disease, vein problems, stents, angioplasty, coronary artery disease
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

26/06/13 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2642347
07/05/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Daniels practices on the cutting edge of the final frontier of interventional cardiology, i.e. perceutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA) of chronic total occulsions (CTO). Dealing with a CTO is normally the provence of your chest surgeon, (read bypass). Most interventional cardiologists would not attempt to clear a CTO, but Dr. Daniels learned from the national dean of CTOs, Dr. Lombardi up in Bellingham, WA. In fact Dr. Daniels and Dr. Lombardi teach other cardiologists how to perform CTOs. This is important, because proficiency is learned, and when just starting out, success rates of CTOs are lower. With practice, the CTO success rate approaches that of the average angioplasty to clear a partially blocked artery. I did extensive research before consulting and choosing to go with Dr. Daniels. I walked into the hospital with limited exercise tolerance, and chest pain from walking more than a short distance. I walked out the next day like I never had a problem.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2641664
06/05/13 5 5 5 5 He was right-on regards my heart issue. Told me from the test that he was 99% certain I had a blocked LAD and I needed a catheterization and likely stent placement. That turned out to be exactly right. He is an expert in this procedure, teaching it around the country to other doctors. This the MD you want on your team. I feel fifteen years younger. Dr. Daniels showed me the photos from the procedure where the artery is opened and the blood flows to the oxygen starved heart. Astonishing.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2636322
30/04/13 5 4 5 5 Dr. Daniels was my cardiologist at time of deciding to have my Aortic valve replaced. His knowledge and data driven analysis was through and gave my wife and I comfort that we understood my situation deeply to make and informed decision. What I especially appreciated about Dr. Daniels is he confidently offered his point of view on how to analyze the case and not only shared his medical opinion, but personalized it after getting to know me and my wife. He stayed in constant contact w/ my Surgeon and he continues to monitor me in same manner now post surgery. He is very bright and very in tune wit the state of medicine today.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2635266
29/04/13 5 5 4 5 Extremely Smart, to the point and yet polite and considerate. Over achiever, young and ambitious. Exactly what I wanted. Three stents later havent felt so good in years. His diagnosis was cautious, deliberate and accurate.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2629472
27/04/13 5 5 5 5 Great doctor. Very passionate about his work and explains things clearly.  Respond
RID: 2543119

27/01/13 3 5 1 2 He should stick with writing books and research. Terrible patient rapport. He obviosly does not review pt's. medical history. He couldn't diagnose a simple problem with the answer key in hand. He needs to relax not be so rushy and just look at the big picture and listen. He has a type A personality to be a heart doctor. His conversations will give you heart palpatations.  Respond

12/03/12 SYSTEM: City changed from "Berkeley" to "Palo Alto"
RID: 812758

04/03/09 1 2 1 1 Terrible!!!! Rude, he woke me up at the Critical care unit at Alta Bates hospital at 2:30 am requiring to sign a consent form for a HIV test for my dad without any urgent reason. He said that he was not caring about my dad's well-being at this early hour. He is young and absolutely is not fitted to be a doctor. He cannot do even a simple respiratory procedure, but is considered to an emergency doctor. He is very bad and unprofessional.
Insurance: Medicare