You may also like

Rate Dr. Pickens Gantt

Dr. Pickens Gantt's Ratings

Best endocrinologist I've ever had and he treats my menopause too. I can't imagine not having him as my doctor. I'm post menopausal and I feel very young and energetic and it's all due to Dr Gantt and his treatment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2852033].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

The most incompetent and unprofessional doctor I've ever seen. He seems not to know even basics in medicine.To know 1 or 2 protocols doesn'the mean to be a doctor. He is taking advantage that he is the only fertility specialist in Charleston.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2850755].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

He does lack bedside manner. He's no nonsense and to the point. But he knows what he's doing. He will help you out at any time and always be there when you need him. His staff is wonderful. And he got me pregnant when others said it couldn't be done. So for that I'll always love him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2794821].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

First off, I want to say that I started off going to a RE in Morgantown and HATED him (not going into details - that's for his review, not this one). So, after that bad experience I was warned about Dr. Gantt being somewhat...cold. However, he helped my friend get pregnant, so I was willing to give it a try. My experiences with Dr. Gantt have been nothing but pleasant. At first, I was a little nervous about him because he is quite matter-of-fact, but, turns out, that really works for me. When it comes to a topic as sensitive as "infertility" it is hard to find a good balance of compassion and action - but I've found both in Dr. Gantt. From Day 1 he created a plan on how to get me to my goal - a baby. We've stuck with that goal. As a patient, I've had to do my part - he cannot hold my hand. I'm accountable. You have to be. I've had to be responsible for injections, medications, charting, etc. But, that's what has to be done. During office visits he's very patient with me when I ask 1000 questions (and believe me, I do). I take notes. I ask the same thing 10x. I am not an easy patient. At all. I cry. I complain. I curse, at times. Now that I've been seeing him for almost a year, he has actually gotten very funny. He makes jokes with me and my husband which adds some very necessary levity, at times. He performed surgery for me in December - one that was necessary to me conceiving - and he and his staff were beyond wonderful during the pre and post op appointments - consoling me during a slight breakdown. He has made me feel hopeful on more than one occasion...and honestly, hope is the most precious component of trying to conceive. Period. No, he's not going to be everyone'e cup of tea. And that's ok.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2706189].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2015

Dr Gantt is a very smart man. At first, I would have said is bedsife manner is lacking; however, as we experienced an ectopic pregnancy, he was amazing. Fast-acting, concerned, and compassionate as I cried in his office. He is extremely busy and doesn't always remember your information, but that's where you need to speak up for yourself. He helped us get pregnant via ivf, and I am so glad we saw him. I would definitely recommend him to friends.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2667268].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 31, 2014

Dr. Gantt is a wonderful doctor. He never gave up on us. He is honest and does not give false hope but I liked that about him. We struggled for 9 years trying to have a baby and he helped guide us through. I read the other opinions on here about him being rude and not helping with the meds. It can get confusing but that is not his fault. He cannot hold your hand. You just have to listen and take notes. It is important if you are seeing him so if you do not understand ask questions. He answered all of my questions and believe me I had plenty. I made notes before my appointments and took notes while I was there. I made sure I understood everything before I left his office. As for not remembering your information, he does see a lot of patients and also performs procedures so he is a busy man with a lot going on and does not have time to review every single one every single time. Speak up and tell him, remind him where you are at in the process and what you are working on now. He does not mind, it helps him remember. This man knows what he is doing. We have a beautiful baby girl to prove it. I would recommend him to anyone and have recommended him to several. I would have done that even without success of having a child. He never gave up on us and even followed us through our pregnancy and came to the delivery and visited us after.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2642265].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2014

He is very helpful wonderful dr I am greatful to him for my bundle of joy

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2621321].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2014

Dr gantt is an unhelpful A*s! I will
Never step foot in his office again! He had me sobbing the last time I saw him & he humiliated me in front of a medical student. I do not recommend him to anyone!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2579529].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

He has no compassion and shouldn't be practicing.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2512417].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

I am glad to see that I am not the only one that feels the way I do about Dr Gantt.He definitely lacks bedside manner.He is stern,unfriendly,and leaves everything up to the patient to figure out on administering injections.I know that every Doctor cannot remember every patient,but at least look at my chart before I come in and review it.Every time I went in,he would ask me if I had my medication yet.I had only brought it in 3 TIMES before that to let him look over it.After he reviewed it on one occassion,I went to put it back in the bag,and he unkindly said "I wasn't finished with that" after he sat there and watched me get it to fit all back into my bag.I went in on one visit after he had me stop birth control before my injections and he said "now we need to get you started back on birth control".Good thing I questioned it and said you just took me off.I was ready to start my injections and he had no clue

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][465618].votes_count ]]