Rate Dr. Pickens Gantt

Dr. Pickens Gantt's Ratings

Dr. Gantt is a wonderful doctor. He never gave up on us. He is honest and does not give false hope but I liked that about him. We struggled for 9 years trying to have a baby and he helped guide us through. I read the other opinions on here about him being rude and not helping with the meds. It can get confusing but that is not his fault. He cannot hold your hand. You just have to listen and take notes. It is important if you are seeing him so if you do not understand ask questions. He answered all of my questions and believe me I had plenty. I made notes before my appointments and took notes while I was there. I made sure I understood everything before I left his office. As for not remembering your information, he does see a lot of patients and also performs procedures so he is a busy man with a lot going on and does not have time to review every single one every single time. Speak up and tell him, remind him where you are at in the process and what you are working on now. He does not mind, it helps him remember. This man knows what he is doing. We have a beautiful baby girl to prove it. I would recommend him to anyone and have recommended him to several. I would have done that even without success of having a child. He never gave up on us and even followed us through our pregnancy and came to the delivery and visited us after.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2642265].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2014

He is very helpful wonderful dr I am greatful to him for my bundle of joy

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2621321].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2014

Dr gantt is an unhelpful A*s! I will
Never step foot in his office again! He had me sobbing the last time I saw him & he humiliated me in front of a medical student. I do not recommend him to anyone!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2579529].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

He has no compassion and shouldn't be practicing.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2512417].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

I am glad to see that I am not the only one that feels the way I do about Dr Gantt.He definitely lacks bedside manner.He is stern,unfriendly,and leaves everything up to the patient to figure out on administering injections.I know that every Doctor cannot remember every patient,but at least look at my chart before I come in and review it.Every time I went in,he would ask me if I had my medication yet.I had only brought it in 3 TIMES before that to let him look over it.After he reviewed it on one occassion,I went to put it back in the bag,and he unkindly said "I wasn't finished with that" after he sat there and watched me get it to fit all back into my bag.I went in on one visit after he had me stop birth control before my injections and he said "now we need to get you started back on birth control".Good thing I questioned it and said you just took me off.I was ready to start my injections and he had no clue

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][465618].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 11, 2013

Regardless of how smart Dr. Gantt may be, he lacks compassion and has poor bedside manner. I left his office on at least two occasions CRYING. I went to one appointment with my stepmother who agreed that he was rude, disrespectful, very negative and just a plain ass. When my partner went to another appointment with me, he ALSO verbalized his perception of rudeness, disrespect and negativity. I will NEVER step foot in Dr. Gantt's office again. During an hsg, although I was slightly medicated, I was feeling some pain and discomfort so he stopped the procedure about 1/3 of the way through making the time, effort and pain up to the point all for nothing. I have since found a wonderful doctor who successfully performed the procedure from start to finish!! And not only did this new doctor complete the procedure, he used a new flush/contrast that not even Dr. Gantt has access to called lipiodol. If there was any way to get back the thousands of dollars I spent with Dr. Gantt, I would!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][465617].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2012

Dr. Gantt is a Reproductive Endocrinologist and Infertility Specialist. No one has ever treated me better than he has. I owe my children to him. He never gave up. He agonized over the process with me, and he was successful where other Infertility Dr.s were unwilling to even try. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][465616].votes_count ]]