Dr. Walter Goff

Rate Dr. Walter Goff

Dr. Walter Goff's Ratings

Radiology means that he is supposed to interpret x-rays, CT scans, MRIs and other imaging studies. But Dr. Goff has put it in writing that it is NOT his job actually to interpret either chest x-rays or mammograms; he is only supposed to code them as normal or abnormal. He depends on the referring doctor—your primary care provider—to figure out WHAT is abnormal and why. But apparently he forgot to tell anybody about this. So neither he, nor any other doctor, figured out that the "abnormality" on my husband's chest x-ray was a tumor the size of a peach. I hope that Dr. Goff is no longer practicing medicine, but who knows. ADVICE: Read your own imaging study reports. Make sure that it includes either a diagnosis or a list of possible diagnoses. Make sure that you go over the report itself with your referring doctor. For details and documentation, see my website: www.whatyoudontknowcankillyou.com.

Submitted March 4, 2009 | flag