Dr. Joseph Zadra

Dr. Joseph Zadra

Rate Dr. Joseph Zadra

Dr. Joseph Zadra's Ratings

Dr Zadra and Associates did a Bladder cancer op on 3/11/09, including a Hysterectomy. Now I know there shd hv been a Gyno present. Jan/10 I had pelvic pain,4 mths ltr I got an appt.Dr.Z prescribed Tramacet for pain In July/10 he refers to new Gen Surg for colonoscopy to rule out, came back OK.My family doc in Aug 2010 seeing Dr. Z. is not doing anything ref to Best Gyno Dr. Bologna.He recommends special nuerologist.I source and am accepted Jan/11 at Pain Mgmt, Mt. Sinai Hosp, Toronto.Dec/10 hv double hernia, 2 Gen Surgeons won't op, too risky with my Stoma. My family doc refers me back to Dr.Z on Feb 15/11, he refers to Gen Surg Dr. K. March 16/11 ask Dr.Z's office if they have heard back from Dr.K, No. March 21/11 phone Dr.K's office advised he won't see me because I had another Gen Surg do my colonoscopy? they advised Dr.Z's office March 1/11, nobody told me!I gave Dr. K the facts and now have appt to see him..Still haven't heard from Dr.Z.He is too busy seeing 45/50 patients a day!

Submitted March 30, 2011 | flag

I was his patient a few years ago and when I spoke to him on my own he spoke down to me and when I spoke to him when I had family with me he tried to talk to them instead of me, I'm an adult and in a wheelchair due to a dislocated hip, I'm a adult weather I'm in the chair or not, that man needs to learn manners, he told the dr that has replaced him that I'm difficult, refusing to take something that ur allergic to doesnt make u difficult, dr that is replacing him has never met my family and never will

Submitted Jan. 11, 2011 | flag

Dr.Zadra is a very intelligent and caring doctor. He doesn't rush you out of his office and explains things to you clearly and concisely. His bedside manner is amazing and I would refer him to anyone. I had a bladder sling done in 2008, and everything that could go wrong went wrong. It wasn't because of him but because of how my body reacted to the surgery. He was so compassionate and went out of his way to help me get me through a difficult time. The look on his face when he saw what I was going through...said it all. He's amazing. One of my favourite Doctors! Great personality too..he does smile and laugh and actually asks how things are.

Submitted Oct. 10, 2010 | flag

I had issues with a previous urologist and sought an alternative. However, that appointment was still 6 weeks away, and having a deteriation of the problem I finished up in emerg in Barrie (Wed.) Doc saw me next day (Thur)between surgeries. Operated next day (Fri)(was put on a 'stand by' list). I consider myself to be a 'difficult' patient and so all I can say is this guy hit the spot. Proffessional, Knowledgable, Efficient. (And he even has a sense of humour!)Sometimes people expect the impossible and then blame the doctor, and it would seem to be the case in many of the complaints on this page

Submitted Sept. 26, 2010 | flag

Dr. Zadra, to his credit performed an orchiectomy on me when I had cancer. He actually fought over me for tests with my oncologist. One would do a blood test, but then the other would want to. I found that interesting. All that said, last year I seemed to develop a kidney/bladder infection that hasn't gone away and has kept me up sometimes 5 times a night. At first he prescribed a limited dose of antibiotics but then the issue flared up again. He had no more time it seemed, for my questions. When I have tried to get to the bottom of things he has been very dismissive. He finally ordered a bladder scan (just to patronize me it seems) and to see if I was retaining urine. I could have an infection, and with my history of cancer I am very annoyed. Time to look for another urologist. Good riddance. Let's get rid of this issue!

Submitted Aug. 12, 2010 | flag

I found Dr.Zadra to be completely dissmissive of me and my issues. He spoke down to me and talked to me like I was stupid. He treated me so poorly that my nurse contacted the patient advocate for me! I am so stressed about having to go into emerg for kidney pain because I am afraid of having to deal with this doctor again. I think that say's it all...

Submitted May 9, 2010 | flag

My newborn son was refered to Dr. Z because he had a renal u/s done and they found what appeared to be cysts on his kidneys. Dr. Z said he thought that they were nothing and that in fact if he had poly cystic kidney disease that he may have renal failure later in life ( 40s or 50s) but then "it wouldn't be my problem". I found this comment disgusting and will not be bringing my child back to see him. Very unproffesional and dismissive.

Submitted Feb. 2, 2010 | flag

I have been living with incontence for many years now and after trying various meds without any positive outcomes my family doctor referred me to Dr Zadra. I met with Dr Zadra, that sameday he had his staff book me for tests at the RVH as well as the surgery to fix the problem. It was suppose to be day surgery although I suffered with some abnormal pain that seemed to have been caused by scar tissue from another surgery. Dr Zadra made sure that I was admitted over night and monitored.... I can't say enough good about this Doctor.... And would recommend him to all.

Submitted Dec. 17, 2009 | flag

My husbands surgery had been cancelled by R.V.H. at the last minute. After many phone calls, a new date was finally given. Dr Zadra did an excellent job, my husband is feeling great. Dr Zadra was very professional and an excellent surgeon. However, I would suggest next time surgeries have to be rescheduled they be done more effeciently. I worked for a very busy surgeon for 15 years and cancellations certainly did happen. I never ever told a patient that they were going to be put to the end of the surgery schedule and was also told "YOU DONT EXPECT ME TO MOVE EVERYONE DO YOU??" If I had to move everyone a day or a week in advance I did. It was a little complicated to do, co-ordination of hospital beds, different operating rooms, more urgent cases, and etc, but it has been and can be done. I stayed late many a night doing this. Every patient was very important to our office. Thank you DR Zadra for your excellent medical expertise.

Submitted Nov. 20, 2009 | flag

I have a enlarged prostate and have been seeing dr zadra for a couple of years. he suggested doing a useless study which did me no good at all. it set me back for surgery by several months. I was then booked for surgery. For whatever problem at rvh barrie surgery day was cancelled, to date i have not been rebooked (2 weeks later) all others that day were put on to the end of the surgery schedule, others seen after me were now having surgery, when i requested to have a phone call from the dr (since i had gone off the medication because of the study and awaiting surgery, ) i was given an appt with the dr 1 month later. to date have still not received a surgery date, and i have not received a phone call from dr zadra , his staff or the hospital I beleive the hospital is at fault for cancelling surgery that day, but it should be the responsibility of the surgeon to at least see the patient or make a phone call, apparentley all they care about is there surgery day being filled

Submitted Sept. 29, 2009 | flag