Dr. Joseph Zadra

Rate Dr. Joseph Zadra

Dr. Joseph Zadra's Ratings

Very rude man... Not only to patients but people in general unless your getting paid as much as him if you know what I mean...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2621696].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2014

In a rush, he decided to remove a stent(kidney stone) 2 weeks early without anaesthetic. Besides being torturous, I developed Septicemia and ended up in the ICU. I(along with my unborn baby)almost died at age 22. Another excellent doctor, at a different hospital, saved my life.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2614920].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2014

We saw Dr. Zadra for my 10 year old and he was wonderful. He was very direct with her and spoke to her as well as with me about the process of getting her well. I thought he was clear and concise with what the issue may be and he also explained very clearly what we were going to do about it, what my daughter needed and immediately booked a follow up to make sure treatment is working.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2545780].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

Dr Zadra and Associates did a Bladder cancer op on 3/11/09, including a Hysterectomy. Now I know there shd hv been a Gyno present. Jan/10 I had pelvic pain,4 mths ltr I got an appt.Dr.Z prescribed Tramacet for pain In July/10 he refers to new Gen Surg for colonoscopy to rule out, came back OK.My family doc in Aug 2010 seeing Dr. Z. is not doing anything ref to Best Gyno Dr. Bologna.He recommends special nuerologist.I source and am accepted Jan/11 at Pain Mgmt, Mt. Sinai Hosp, Toronto.Dec/10 hv double hernia, 2 Gen Surgeons won't op, too risky with my Stoma. My family doc refers me back to Dr.Z on Feb 15/11, he refers to Gen Surg Dr. K. March 16/11 ask Dr.Z's office if they have heard back from Dr.K, No. March 21/11 phone Dr.K's office advised he won't see me because I had another Gen Surg do my colonoscopy? they advised Dr.Z's office March 1/11, nobody told me!I gave Dr. K the facts and now have appt to see him..Still haven't heard from Dr.Z.He is too busy seeing 45/50 patients a day!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1240821].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011

I was his patient a few years ago and when I spoke to him on my own he spoke down to me and when I spoke to him when I had family with me he tried to talk to them instead of me, I'm an adult and in a wheelchair due to a dislocated hip, I'm a adult weather I'm in the chair or not, that man needs to learn manners, he told the dr that has replaced him that I'm difficult, refusing to take something that ur allergic to doesnt make u difficult, dr that is replacing him has never met my family and never will

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1240820].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2011

Dr.Zadra is a very intelligent and caring doctor. He doesn't rush you out of his office and explains things to you clearly and concisely. His bedside manner is amazing and I would refer him to anyone. I had a bladder sling done in 2008, and everything that could go wrong went wrong. It wasn't because of him but because of how my body reacted to the surgery. He was so compassionate and went out of his way to help me get me through a difficult time. The look on his face when he saw what I was going through...said it all. He's amazing. One of my favourite Doctors! Great personality too..he does smile and laugh and actually asks how things are.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1240819].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2010

I had issues with a previous urologist and sought an alternative. However, that appointment was still 6 weeks away, and having a deteriation of the problem I finished up in emerg in Barrie (Wed.) Doc saw me next day (Thur)between surgeries. Operated next day (Fri)(was put on a 'stand by' list). I consider myself to be a 'difficult' patient and so all I can say is this guy hit the spot. Proffessional, Knowledgable, Efficient. (And he even has a sense of humour!)Sometimes people expect the impossible and then blame the doctor, and it would seem to be the case in many of the complaints on this page

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1240818].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2010

Dr. Zadra, to his credit performed an orchiectomy on me when I had cancer. He actually fought over me for tests with my oncologist. One would do a blood test, but then the other would want to. I found that interesting. All that said, last year I seemed to develop a kidney/bladder infection that hasn't gone away and has kept me up sometimes 5 times a night. At first he prescribed a limited dose of antibiotics but then the issue flared up again. He had no more time it seemed, for my questions. When I have tried to get to the bottom of things he has been very dismissive. He finally ordered a bladder scan (just to patronize me it seems) and to see if I was retaining urine. I could have an infection, and with my history of cancer I am very annoyed. Time to look for another urologist. Good riddance. Let's get rid of this issue!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1240817].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2010

I found Dr.Zadra to be completely dissmissive of me and my issues. He spoke down to me and talked to me like I was stupid. He treated me so poorly that my nurse contacted the patient advocate for me! I am so stressed about having to go into emerg for kidney pain because I am afraid of having to deal with this doctor again. I think that say's it all...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1240816].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2010

My newborn son was refered to Dr. Z because he had a renal u/s done and they found what appeared to be cysts on his kidneys. Dr. Z said he thought that they were nothing and that in fact if he had poly cystic kidney disease that he may have renal failure later in life ( 40s or 50s) but then "it wouldn't be my problem". I found this comment disgusting and will not be bringing my child back to see him. Very unproffesional and dismissive.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1240815].votes_count ]]