Dr. Allan Clifford

Rate Dr. Allan Clifford

Dr. Allan Clifford's Ratings

My son has had nothing but bad experiences with his teeth since they came in . I mentioned to Clifford how scared he was and he said he would be fine. Clifford ended up asking me in and said this show was all for me, when in fact the kid was scared to death. Everyone says he is such a perfectionist, when I think he is a rude man that doesn't know the first thing about dealing with small kids. BTW is he going through some sort of mid life crisis. Get a haircut, as the hair only makes your head look bigger than it already is.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2622381].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2014

This man's practices are outdated and barbaric! Not to mention he has a terrible personality towards patients which makes it worse for children. My 7 year old daughter went to get 1 tooth pulled (which she was scared going in) and he ended up telling her he was pulling 4 that day. Not only that, they don't use gas so myself, my husband, the hygentist and him had to hold her down as he jabbed at her with a needle and pulled 4 teeth as she screamed in pain! There was blood everywhere and she kept yelling, "I can feel everything!" We'll never be going back....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1240965].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2013

Dr. Clifford is the best dentist I've ever been to. I have crowded teeth and needed a filling put in over 6 years ago and I have not had a problem since then with any of my teeth and the filling is still holding on as tight as when it was put in. He is very detail oriented and it shows in his work. Staff always perform excellent work as well during checkups and cleanings. I too have found that Dr. Clifford can be very blunt (although I wouldn't say he's rude) and his rates may be higher than other dentists in the area, but the quality of his work is superior to others in the area and it shows. I would highly recommend this dentist to anybody.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1240963].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2011

You get what you pay for! Top of the line work, extreme perfectionist and driven to make a mouth perfect. Fillings done 5 years ago haven't budged or needed any repairs. Pain-free during any procedures where local anesthesia has been required. Insistent on checking for any additional problems when you're there, he'd rather address the issues now rather than in the future when it will be much more work and of greater cost to his patients. Sometimes abrupt and clinical, talk to his assistant if you have any concerns. Truly cares about his patients, funky office, interesting sense of style and great music! Made my mouth beautiful!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1240962].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2010

This man is rude. Our granddaughter, who is only five years old, was afraid of being at the dentist. Dr. Clifford was impatient, unprofessional and said, "get her out of here". Needless to say, we won't go back!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1240961].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2009

One of the best dentist I have ever been to. I went to him to get a tooth pulled that I had been having a lot of problems with, and just wanted to get rid of it. Although he does seem to be about the money, I have not had a problem with my teeth since going to him. He fixed all the problems my previous dentist had done to my teeth (non-secure fillings- nor proper cleaning). I have excellent coverage, so it doesn't bother me that I may pay more than usual. I like that he is blunt about the problems I had with my teeth. I knew what was wrong and how to fix it. The dental hygienists are very nice and efficient. The best cleaning I've had. The entire staff is very nice and helpful. They always have a smile on their face. Kudos.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1240960].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2008

I have used Dr. Clifford for many years and have always found him to be caring, helpful and available in an emergency.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1240959].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2008

Very knowledgable dentist but his mannerisms could use some work as he is very abrupt. Does not give you different options for treatmentment. Its Cadillac or nothing, although his Cadillac is top-of-the-line. His staff is knowledgable and helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1240958].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2007

Dr. Clifford comes on like an encyclopedia salesman. He brings out the prospectus and gives a pitch. He's all about the money. I should have know; he has the two (not one - two) largest ads in the yellow pages. He's arrogant and pompous. His work is acceptable but he feels sleezy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1240957].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2007

We started with this doctor because he took over the practice of the dentist we were going to. I found him to be impersonal, too clinical and uncaring of any phobias or reservations I had. I was not made comfortable and during a filling I was not offered anything to make me relax. I ended up having a panic attack. I was also a bit suspicious after several fillings were done on separate office visits rather than all at one time and this suspicion was confirmed by a previous office worker of his. At the time we were under insurance coverage and our bills were quite a bit more when compared to other dentists in the area.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1240964].votes_count ]]