Rate Dr. Saleena Djearam

Dr. Saleena Djearam's Ratings

Positives - sends for tests and provides referrals, always gets to the bottom of things. Negatives - hard to understand (usually need to follow up online or at pharmacy for clarification), smiles at inappropriate times during serious discussions. Agree with person who said to get copies of your own test results. A few times specialists were not provided with copies and the office staff couldn't locate them when phoned about it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2577824].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

Absolutely outstanding doctor. Friendly, professional, thoughtful, knowledgeable, thorough are just a few of the many positive words that come to mind to describe Dr. Djearam. Victoria is very lucky to have such a special Doctor arrive in the area. She truly was meant to be a Doctor. Her heart is in it for all the right reasons. At no time have I ever felt uncomfortable when discussing my health issues or rushed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2362393].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

professional knowledgeable, easy to approach, caring .... feels very happy whenever I see her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2362392].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2014

I am so thankful to have had the chance to get Dr. Djearam as my GP. Appointments can be had quickly (within a week or less), she asks plenty of questions and really cares about your health. When I came to her worrying about a rare disease, she didn't dismiss it. She ran tests and referred me to a specialist when they came back with suspicious results. She is keeping a close watch on me for my treatment of depression--an appointment every two weeks. No other doctor has ever told me to follow up that often, and I am glad that she is doing so. A real gem.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2362391].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2014

she does a thorough history & examination of your problem, then tells you what she believes is happening, what the choices are for fixing it plus what her recommendation is & why. I feel very confident in her care, how happy i return home like visiting relatives and even more like daughter.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][470197].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 26, 2013

Finding a GP accepting new patients anywhere in BC is like finding the pot of gold under the rainbow. I feel so grateful to have been referred to her during the brief window when she expanded her practice. I have seen her many times in the past three months and she has been late only once. It happens. Bring something to do and make your day flexible when you have an appointment with any clinician. She had no immediate knowledge of my condition but undertook to attend an education session when it was offered and has been very diligent in following up on all issues and making referrals to specialists - in one case getting me an appointment in less than 24 hours. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][470196].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2013

A good listener. Recognizes when to refer. Is thorough and experienced. Very pleasant and has a smiling face.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][470195].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 31, 2013

I am so far happy to have Dr Djearam as my doctor. I think that she is proactive. Personally, I need a doctor who sends you for tests just to be sure and she does this. Wait times are long but this is only because she does not rush her patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][470194].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2013

I had been waiting for a long time to find a Doctor I could trust and feel safe with; Dr. Djearam treated me with care and concern from the first time I saw her. I feel very fortunate indeed to have been accepted as her patient and I believe that the multiple medical issues I live with will finally be looked after properly. I believe that your Dr. is the one person you need to trust completely with your care; physically, emotionally and mentally. Dr. Djearam has made it clear in her manner of treatment, that she is a physician who provides care to the whole person and not just the physical ailments. Lucky Victoria to have her here with us! I am breathing a sigh of relief that I no longer have to endure having my concerns dismissed or ignored and that I can continue to be proactive in my own health care with a physician who genuinely cares for her patients. Thank you, Dr. Djearam!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][470193].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

Dr. Djearam is a great and much needed addition to Victoria. Her new practice filled up in days and I'm lucky to have signed up while she was accepting new patients. I have been dealing with possible endometriosis for years and have seen local "specialists" who dismiss my pain as something women just have to deal with. Dr. Djearam referred me to a leading specialist in Vancouver on my first visit with her, and I have now seen that doctor and have finally been given the knowledgable care I've needed and I am scheduled for an operation to remove the endo. Thank you to Dr. Djearam for being so caring, knowledgable and willing to listen. So glad I have this doctor; it really is Whitehorse's loss though.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][470192].votes_count ]]