Dr. David Psutka

Dr. David Psutka

Rate Dr. David Psutka

Dr. David Psutka's Ratings

I am a 20 year old and my dentist recommended I get my wisdom teeth out as I was having food stuck in the back of my teeth all the time, so painful!!! My mom recommended Dr Psutka because she had a great experience with him years ago when she had to get implants done. She said he was an amazing doctor so I decided to go for him. She turned out to be right! Dr Psutka is amazing!! The surgery was very well done, everything went as planned (smoothly) , no complications whatsoever, the surgery was clean. Even when I had dry socket problems, he went out of his way to open the office on a Sunday just to help me relieve my dry socket problem!!! He will even do followups until you are feeling good as new, he is very caring, gentle and knowledgable. I would recommend this doctor to anyone is needing wisdom teeth removal, you will not be disappointed!

Submitted Oct. 17, 2013 | flag

Referred to Dr. Psutka after conservative treatment did not resolve my TMJ issues. Had arthoscopic surgery on the right TMJ joint in December 2011. The surgery went well (no complications) but did not solve the problem. He concluded that something else had to be going on - sent me for a cone CT Scan which identified an osteochondroma on the right TMJ joint - which was missed on a previous CT scan performed at a hospital. I am contemplating open jaw surgery to address my TMJ issues. I find Dr. Psutka very pleasant, I think he honestly does his best to explan the risks of the procedures and benefits. He certainly hasn't been pressuring me to do the open jaw surgery. Yes he is always late but I think that is normal for any specialist (at least that's been my experience) and yes its a long wait list to get to see him - its get better once you are a patient but I think he is one of few qualified oral surgeons in the province to do complex jaw surgery.

Submitted March 13, 2013 | flag

Horrific experience - Let me start by saying , I am a dental assistant. I took my 14 yeard old daughter for a consultation with Dr Psutka. In order to convince her to take her wisdom teeth out under general anaesthesia, this man told my daughter that he "was going to put 8 needles in her mouth, cut her gums open and drill 2 holes in the bone". I guess Dr. Psutka is a knowledgeable surgeon but her people skills need some polishing. We will never return to his office or refer any family or friends to him.

Submitted Dec. 2, 2012 | flag

Regarding the doctor I have tried to find it in my heart to forgive him but I can't. David Psutka is regarded as one of the best in the country and yet he failed to disclose to me possible complications of Orthognathic surgery.He also failed to provide the standard of care. He mistook early signs of post op bone infection for scar tissue. I was draining pus and instead of a bacterial culture(which takes a second to do)he kept me on useless antibiotics. When the infection got much worse( a month later) he decided to open the wound in his office, discovered that I had bone infection.I already knew and had asked him for an xray and showed my panic to him. A week later surgery to clean the bone at the hospital from my adams apple to my ear, left me with a damaged facial nerve. I can't smile or lower half of my lower lip. I am devastated. My bite could have been fixed with braces alone. I was a mild case. God help my self esteem now. I can't live anymore like this.I can't accept it. I am 29

Submitted March 30, 2012 | flag

Doctor psutka treated me many years ago, he is amzing doctor and person!

Submitted Feb. 11, 2012 | flag

After suffering TMJ at the hands of physotherapist at Mount Sinai and Dr.Mock, Dr. Baker and many others who drained my bank account into 10s of thousand dollars and not to mention loosing three of my best molars GOD send me an Angel. That is David. He performed one of first orthoscopic surgery on my left jaw in 1992. Thank you from the bottom of my heart and thank you from saving me from living in hell ( the pain I suffered and how many times I wished to die). So many people are complaining about the wait; please don't as there is only one David. But you won't regret it for the rest of your life. I am a living proof 20 years later and I shall always have a special place in my heart for him. If I had not seen him; today I would have died but before that they would have chopped up my jaw perfomed numorous experiments on me before they had discareded me as not treatable. So be thankful and trust that it is worth the wait. GOD Bless you David. Harjinder Rai.

Submitted Jan. 23, 2012 | flag

Dr. Psutka is very knowledgable and helpful. He is easy to talk to and I have confidence in him all the time. I like him a lot and have referred friends to him all the past years.

Submitted Jan. 16, 2012 | flag

Dr.Psutka did major jaw surgery on my son. His work is amazing. Even if you have to wait for your appointment with him, it is worth the wait.

Submitted Jan. 2, 2012 | flag

LOVE dr psutka and his staff. Went to him for multiple orthodontic related surgeries. They've make me feel comfortable and at ease for every single one.

Submitted Nov. 6, 2011 | flag

Dr Psutka himself was very experienced and knowledgeable, but his office is extremely poorly run. My appointment was scheduled for 2pm and I didn't get in to see him until after 3pm. This happened on multiple occasions. Based on this experience, I would suggest try finding a different dentist to visit, unless you have time to waste.

Submitted Oct. 29, 2011 | flag