Rate Dr. David Psutka

Dr. David Psutka's Ratings

Just thought I would check in, two decades later, in case you were wondering how I was managing with all those damaged teeth from the 'arch bar' situation: Still at it! Turned out it was just as bad as the 17 jaw surgeries: never went away.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2741882].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

I had a great experience with Dr. Psutka and my TMJ surgery in July 2014. The only thing I would wish to be better would be the explanation of what is happening, why it's happening and what we can do to prevent it. I was terrified of the pain I would be experiencing after surgery - and then I was in no pain - fabulous! Scared for nothing. I wish there was a bit more of "what you'll experience when recovering" as every day something felt different and I was unsure if it was normal healing or not ... so that was a little scary when you don't know.

Otherwise, he was great, answered questions - if you have them, and I can eat steak again - fabulous! Thank you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2733490].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2015

I had tmj arthroscopic surgery yesterday, and Dr. Psutka did an amazing job. I still am not sure how much of an increase I have in opening, but no side effects with my nerves or hearing. It's not even 24 hours later, and I feel great. Yes, it took me awhile on the waiting list to see Dr. Psutka, but that is because he is in such high demand. I feel very fortunate to be so well cared for.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2726227].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2015

Dr. Psutka performed a double sinus lift and ten implants on me. I cannot say enough good things about him and his staff. I have EDS, so I have a lot of issues. He and his staff were knowledgeable, and did everything in their power to ensure my comfort and safety. They listened to my concerns and addressed them all. The surgery was a long one, and when I woke up I was VERY well taken care of. The nurses never left my side, the doctor checked on me several times, they were kind, funny, caring.. I have never had such a good surgical experience. They were the same way at my first post op visit, again being very attentive. I would highly recommend Dr. Psutka, and cannot figure out why there are any negative comments at all. Every visit has been positive for me. Best surgeon I have ever been to.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2664856].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 28, 2014

Well I would to say that I have been with Dr Pstuka since 1988 and he has performed 5 surgeries and every one of them there was no complications. I would highly recommend this man to anyone. My daughter at the age of went to him and has not yet had any problems. Truly a blessing in disguise. Anita St . Amand

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2620884].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2014

In all my life I have never known such a caring professional and such a thorough doctor as Dr. David Psutka.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2595187].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2014

All I can say is that Dr. Psutka is a miracle worker.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2555054].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2014

The only one that wasn't afraid to do surgery because I am a person living with Epilepsy. Every other doctor refused.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2528910].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

I am a 20 year old and my dentist recommended I get my wisdom teeth out as I was having food stuck in the back of my teeth all the time, so painful!!! My mom recommended Dr Psutka because she had a great experience with him years ago when she had to get implants done. She said he was an amazing doctor so I decided to go for him. She turned out to be right! Dr Psutka is amazing!! The surgery was very well done, everything went as planned (smoothly) , no complications whatsoever, the surgery was clean. Even when I had dry socket problems, he went out of his way to open the office on a Sunday just to help me relieve my dry socket problem!!! He will even do followups until you are feeling good as new, he is very caring, gentle and knowledgable. I would recommend this doctor to anyone is needing wisdom teeth removal, you will not be disappointed!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][471201].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2013

Referred to Dr. Psutka after conservative treatment did not resolve my TMJ issues. Had arthoscopic surgery on the right TMJ joint in December 2011. The surgery went well (no complications) but did not solve the problem. He concluded that something else had to be going on - sent me for a cone CT Scan which identified an osteochondroma on the right TMJ joint - which was missed on a previous CT scan performed at a hospital. I am contemplating open jaw surgery to address my TMJ issues. I find Dr. Psutka very pleasant, I think he honestly does his best to explan the risks of the procedures and benefits. He certainly hasn't been pressuring me to do the open jaw surgery. Yes he is always late but I think that is normal for any specialist (at least that's been my experience) and yes its a long wait list to get to see him - its get better once you are a patient but I think he is one of few qualified oral surgeons in the province to do complex jaw surgery.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][471200].votes_count ]]