Rate Dr. Stefan S. Kim

Dr. Stefan S. Kim's Ratings

Dr Kim is fantastic. Very knowledgeable and takes his time to explain all options and potential outcomes. My cervical fusion went perfectly and Most times I forget I ever had a cervical problem.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2529746].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2014

Dr. Kim came highly recommended, and on first visit seemed highly competent. My problem was a herniated disk. He recommended an operation. After the operation I never once saw or talked to Dr. Kim. The operation was performed over 4 weeks ago, and my leg is in about the same pain as before the operation. I do not know if this is because the operation was unsuccessful or whether it is because more time is needed. I am in the dark because I never saw or heard from Dr. Kim after the operation. I asked his nurse practitioner if the operation went ok, but since she was not in the operating room she could not tell me. I asked the NP to have Dr. Kim call me, but nothing yet. If Dr. Kim can not contact me because he is overworked, he should cut down on the number of patients he sees. If he is avoiding me because the operation went badly, he should get out of medicine. If he contacted me now I would doubt that he could remember much, since he has performed scores of operations since mine.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][471961].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2013

I moved to Boston last year and was looking a neurosurgeon for my cervical spine problem. I had been putting off surgery for about a year even though my two previous surgeons told me my spinal cord was badly compressed and I needed a surgery. I came to Dr. Kim for a third opinion after doing some research. He is a lot younger than my previous surgeons but I felt at ease from the get-go. He spent a lot of time with me and explained all the options and clarified any concerns that I had about surgery. Long story short, my surgery went flawless. He has great bed-side manners, came to check on me everyday when I was in the hospital, and made sure that all my needs were met. I can't believe how well I am doing now. I love Tracy, his nurse practitioner; she is a darling. There was a reason why I put off my surgery before.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][471960].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2011

My surgery went very smoothily. I agree with other people's reviews ( which I read before my surgery). He is very skilled for sure. He can seem abrupt and arrogant but I liked that confidence in a surgeon who is taking out my spine tumor. I was pleasantly surprised by how good Lahey Clinic is.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][471959].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2011

We live in NH. My wife went down to Lahey and had scoliosis surgery and I am glad that she did. We had a great care by his team. They even called her at home after surgery to make sure everything is going well! That never happened after her two previous surgeries. Most of all, my wife doing quite well. We are walking together like we used to.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][471958].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2011

With out a doubt the best surgeon I have ever met. Very knowledgeable. border line genius. More than willing to help and make sure patients are pain free. Incredible bedside manner

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][471957].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 23, 2010

Great surgeon but a bit of a know it all with some degree of arrogance. I had a L4-L5 discectomy with excellent post surgery outcome. Great hospital stay and nursing care was A+!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][471956].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2009

Excellent care. Went from many years of narcotics to none in about 2 months after lumbar fusion. His nurse said none of his fusion patients are on pain meds for more than 2 months after surgery. I did not believe it initially but I am on NOTHING. I have my life back. Lahey nurses on the ward were great!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][471955].votes_count ]]