Dr. Stefan S. Kim

Rate Dr. Stefan S. Kim

Dr. Stefan S. Kim's Ratings

Dr. Kim came highly recommended, and on first visit seemed highly competent. My problem was a herniated disk. He recommended an operation. After the operation I never once saw or talked to Dr. Kim. The operation was performed over 4 weeks ago, and my leg is in about the same pain as before the operation. I do not know if this is because the operation was unsuccessful or whether it is because more time is needed. I am in the dark because I never saw or heard from Dr. Kim after the operation. I asked his nurse practitioner if the operation went ok, but since she was not in the operating room she could not tell me. I asked the NP to have Dr. Kim call me, but nothing yet. If Dr. Kim can not contact me because he is overworked, he should cut down on the number of patients he sees. If he is avoiding me because the operation went badly, he should get out of medicine. If he contacted me now I would doubt that he could remember much, since he has performed scores of operations since mine.

Submitted May 28, 2013 | flag

I moved to Boston last year and was looking a neurosurgeon for my cervical spine problem. I had been putting off surgery for about a year even though my two previous surgeons told me my spinal cord was badly compressed and I needed a surgery. I came to Dr. Kim for a third opinion after doing some research. He is a lot younger than my previous surgeons but I felt at ease from the get-go. He spent a lot of time with me and explained all the options and clarified any concerns that I had about surgery. Long story short, my surgery went flawless. He has great bed-side manners, came to check on me everyday when I was in the hospital, and made sure that all my needs were met. I can't believe how well I am doing now. I love Tracy, his nurse practitioner; she is a darling. There was a reason why I put off my surgery before.

Submitted June 8, 2011 | flag

My surgery went very smoothily. I agree with other people's reviews ( which I read before my surgery). He is very skilled for sure. He can seem abrupt and arrogant but I liked that confidence in a surgeon who is taking out my spine tumor. I was pleasantly surprised by how good Lahey Clinic is.

Submitted March 19, 2011 | flag

We live in NH. My wife went down to Lahey and had scoliosis surgery and I am glad that she did. We had a great care by his team. They even called her at home after surgery to make sure everything is going well! That never happened after her two previous surgeries. Most of all, my wife doing quite well. We are walking together like we used to.

Submitted Feb. 19, 2011 | flag

With out a doubt the best surgeon I have ever met. Very knowledgeable. border line genius. More than willing to help and make sure patients are pain free. Incredible bedside manner

Submitted Feb. 23, 2010 | flag

Great surgeon but a bit of a know it all with some degree of arrogance. I had a L4-L5 discectomy with excellent post surgery outcome. Great hospital stay and nursing care was A+!

Submitted Dec. 6, 2009 | flag

Excellent care. Went from many years of narcotics to none in about 2 months after lumbar fusion. His nurse said none of his fusion patients are on pain meds for more than 2 months after surgery. I did not believe it initially but I am on NOTHING. I have my life back. Lahey nurses on the ward were great!

Submitted Aug. 3, 2009 | flag