Rate Dr. David Kvalheim

Dr. David Kvalheim's Ratings

I went to see David Kvalheim desperate to find a solution for a pinched nerve in my neck. His unprecedented high ratings initially gave me some hope but it faded away after only after a few treatments (I had 6). He looked confused when I told him there was no improvement two sessions in a row. My opinion is that chiropractors in general (are simply not qualified to treat this type of condition. He should have said during our first treatment - Sorry, I can't help you with that. That would earn 5 stars from me. Some time later I ran into a friend of mine who has a similar condition, even more severe. He went through numerous treatments with David and just like me, wasted so much time, money and hope. He is now scheduled for a surgery. So, the moral of the story is - if you have a pinched nerve, don't get fooled with Kvalheim non-invasive treatment, it won't help you (same for massage and physio therapy). Instead, rest your body, avoid movements that cause pain, be patient. My condition improved over time on its own and that is how it heals in most cases.

Submitted Aug. 28, 2014 | flag

I first went to Dr. Kvalheim at the recommendation of a colleague. I am so happy I did! I had recurring lower back and wrist pain, and with the gentlest of touch, it was gone. I visited him once a week, and it's down to follow up treatments once every few months now. I would recommend him to anyone requiring chiropractic treatment. The prices are quite reasonable as well.

Submitted Aug. 16, 2014 | flag

It's not only his ability to make you feel better with his gentle approach, he also creates a non-judgemental, caring atmosphere. To even be in his presence feels positive and healing.

Submitted July 28, 2014 | flag

I booked an appointment with Dr. Kvalheim on the recommendation of a co-worker and I agree with my co-worker, Dr. Kvalheim is absolutely wonderful! He is extremely knowledgeable, considerate, and most importantly, he helped to get rid of terrible pain I was experiencing in my face and neck. His soft touch methods are very different than most chiropractors but I feel that Dr. Kvalheim has a gift for helping people. Would very much recommended him to family and friends.

Submitted June 4, 2014 | flag

Kvalheim did me an immense injustice with lack of knowledge and thoroughness. After telling me to stop my athletic activities due to spinal maladjustment, I suffered more and more from my core strength deteriorating. After months of 3X weekly treatments, he told me I was "cured." He spent quite a bit of energy enthusing about his superior skills. He said I now only needed regular maintenance visits. As my pain then increased, I got second and third opinions. It turned out that despite full back x-rays, he had completely missed: three vertebral crush fractures, two herniated disks and a dislocated shoulder joint, and did not warn me that these conditions would only worsen and also eventually develop arthritis. I believe that since he knew he couldn't fix these severe injuries, he pretended I was fine. I regret not suing him at the time.

Submitted May 25, 2014 | flag

Friendly excellent doctor willing to talk and explain what he is doing. Very communicative which is important to me. He is concerned about long term care and quality of life and helps you to achieve those results. I have been with Dr. K for various injuries over the years and I always benefit from going to him. Offers an alternative to "cracking" your joints etc... which I prefer.

Submitted April 28, 2014 | flag

I was skeptical when I first was directed to Dr. Kvalheim. I had been going to physio for a year for a pinched nerve in my neck that causes my right harm to go numb in spots. Physio helped but even after a year of therapy, the problem came back within 5 months. My wife suggested I try chiropractic adjustments but this fella doesn't even barely touch you. How could this be real I thought? Because work insurance was covering the cost I was able to try him out without worry. Well, after initially having to go multiple times a week, then a couple of times a month, I was very surprised to to find my back relaxing and my arm felt normally. That was about 6 years ago and I now find myself visiting him about once a year, if that. Usually after a long vacation with lots of flying or driving. I quit questioning and just accepted that this works.

Submitted Feb. 13, 2014 | flag

I've been seeing Dr. Kvalheim for many years. First while living in Vancouver, then when visiting when living in the US for 18 years and again now that I'm back living in Vancouver. He is the chiropractor that I judge all others by after all this time. I particularly like his non-invasive approach to chiropractics.

Submitted Nov. 20, 2013 | flag

This man is like no other chiropractor. His adjustments are gently touching. You may not believe but it works. I believe. I am proof. If all else has failed, why not try something different? His practice is thriving, he must being doing something right! Very kind and knowledgeable. I have been a patient for 2 1/2 years and he cured my lower back. I see him now and then only. Wonderful man and doctor.

Submitted May 6, 2013 | flag

I have seen Dr. Kvallheim for many years. When younger, I needed quick adjustments, and chose him for his gentle approach to manipulation. As I aged, I often needed extra sessions. He always taught safety rules and good posture practices. As I neared 80 I realized I needed to practice what he preached. It worked! On a recent visit, we were both surprised that, because his advice had paid off, it had been 2 years since my last visit. I had been pain free for so long until I had grown careless. I am very grateful to him and recommend him warmly.

Submitted April 9, 2013 | flag