Rate Dr. Douglas E. Padgett

Dr. Douglas E. Padgett's Ratings

Extreme rudeness and very full of himself

Submitted Aug. 20, 2014 | flag

Doug Padgett replace my right hip. My first visit started off on the wrong foot but got better. I mentioned something about total hips replacement and partial. I told him I did a lot of research and given the tool I could probably do the job my self. Did he ever jump down my throat. He said I wrote that article etc. I was ready to get up and walk out. For what ever reason he changed his attitude in seconds and after that we got along fine. I guess there can be nothing more aggravating after spending years in school and practice to have someone who has read a few articles to run off at the mouth. He did a great job on my hip. Some times the public doesn't understand that these guys don't always engage in small talk. My last visit, 3 weeks ago for may pre knee replacement lasted about 5 minutes. The Dr. must have something else on his mind. I mean they are human just like the rest of us.

Submitted June 29, 2014 | flag

he operated on me, double knee replacement. He was not friendly nor helpful in follow up visits when I was having pain.

Submitted July 4, 2013 | flag

My mom has had both knees replaced by Dr. Padgett and has had recent surgery to repair a torn quad tendon. He is by far one of the best doctors for this type of surgery, and he respects the intelligence of his patients and their caregivers. I am grateful for his expertise and his talent as a surgeon.

Submitted Sept. 27, 2011 | flag

I had my hip done 2 years ago and going to have my other hip done in April. You could not find a better, more compassionate Dr. no matter where you look. Where other ortho Drs. spent a few minutes to consul, Dr. Padgett spent about a hour and asked me questions about everything pertaining to my lifestyle. Aftercare beyond what I have ever expereinced before. Again if you need a hip or knee, this is the Dr. to have do it

Submitted Feb. 14, 2011 | flag

Excellent surgeon and usually pleasant. Near the end of an office exam, he left the room for a phone call and did not return, so I couldn't ask my questions- one of which was when would he have the results of my MRI. The office staff said the results would be ready in a few days and that I SHOULD CALL. I called twice after waiting 2 weeks. When the doctor called with the results, he jumped down my throat for calling his office and was not very nice. He needs to better direct his office staff and they need to relay proper information. I have no problem following directions.

Submitted March 31, 2009 | flag

I am a short statured person, I needed bilateral hip replacements.Due to my height and bone structure I required specially designed hips. Dr. Padgett and his team were able to accomplish this.

Submitted Feb. 6, 2009 | flag