Rate Dr. Robert Laroche

Dr. Robert Laroche's Ratings

My daughter was diagnosed with juvenile idiopathic arthritis at 3. Inflammation of the eyes due to the JIA started at 5. LaRoche was charming and informative on our 1st visit. Subsequent appointment care deteriorated rapidly. Her exams were done by interns with him giving her eyes 2 mins at the end. One intern I talked thru the exam as she didn't appear to know what she was doing. LaRoche didn't bother to do an exam himself that day. We refused to see him further as we had an excellent ophthalmologist at home. When her eye pressures began to rapidly increase due to the medications she was on, we went back to him and he dismissed our concerns, annoyed. Fortunately our DR referred us to a glaucoma specialist, implants were done immediately & my daughter's eyesight was saved(she's 17 now). We were referred to the eye clinic during a recent rheum. clinic visit in '13 & ironically saw him. After disparaging our clinic DR for sending us, he bragged about his new $5K eye pressure instrum.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2362569].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014

I had my strabismus surgery about four years ago by Dr. Laroche. I never had any problem regarding my eyes through previous years. we had check up visits every six month after my surgery for 2 years. I owe my confidence to Dr.Laroche and that surgery made a huge change in my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][473577].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

Hi there all .I have 2Sons that have been seen by Dr .Laroche now for 18 years .They both have a very rare eye disease .He has done a tremdous job with both sons.If he felt that there could be someone out there with a better opinion on my sons eyes condition he sent us there.His bed side manners has been nothing but firm to the point and gracious.His secetaries has been most helpful and knows us by name and greets us with smiles.The interns has to see the children first because it is a training hospital and they have to train somewhere and I say training under Dr.Laroche will be the most beneficial learning experiences they will have in there life time.I have seen young and old go in and out of there doors in the 18 years that we have been going there.From my experience from all the other hospitals and doctors I've seen from Ontario to Newfoundland they are the best .Thank you Dr.Laroche if people don't respect you then they themselves don't need your help .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][473576].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2012

Dr. Laroche has been following my daughters strabismus for almost 3 years now. He just recently performed her first surgery 3 months ago and everything went perfectly! He is very straight forward and doesn't sugar coat anything, but he does his job very well!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][473575].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 21, 2011

Followed my son for 12 years. He always did the best that he possibly could and had great advice. Nothing but good experiences with Dr. Laroche, a great guy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][473574].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2011

Dr. Laroche did my surgery as a child. I remember him being fairly blunt but I really can't complain - his efforts were successful in treating my esotropia, which is great!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][473573].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2011

Back prior to my daughters surgery, I was having staffing issues to the point where I wrote a nasty e-mail driving my concerns home. At this point Dr. Laroche stepped in and took over her file. He was blunt, as am I, so I appreciated this communication. He was good with her and her surgery turned out great. She had both eyes done at the same time and she has regular appointments...sometimes too much if you ask me. I have only seen him the 1st few times after her surgery and other Dr.s have seen her on her follow ups. Needless to say, my questions and concerns were very thorough and very direct. He answered them all to my satisfaction.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][473572].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2011

im 34 had strabismus since birth.i had 2 failed surgeries as a child by another dr..i was refered to Dr LaRoache and so glad I found him...he did surgery yesterday and already my eyes look so much better...i found him to be very friendly and explained clearly what he was going to do..in my opinion on of the best..my only complaint is i always wait 2 hrs to see him..in my opinion it is worth the wait.jhe is always more than willing to answer any questions i have,, very nice staff as well

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][473571].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2011

Surprised by comments! I have a very rare eye disease called Duane's Syndrome. After a year of limbo, to the point that doctors were telling my parents that I was retarded, he diagnosed me at 13 months. Dr. Laroche called all his interns in and made sure they studied me and the interns were very hands on with the diagnosis. He said that he would perform surgery when I was old enough and sure enough at age 12, as soon as my parents had our family doctor refer me, he remembered the case. The surgery was successful and although it typically does not last, I'm going 14 years strong. I just visited an eye doctor for an unrelated issue and he said the surgery should hold up fine and that Dr. Laroche is one of the best. Without Dr. Laroche's diagnosis and surgery, I'm not so sure I'd be able to live as comfortably as I am today. All the crap about him being abrupt and rude is typical of all overworked doctors. However, this guy knows hi stuff and is a master surgeon. Thank you Dr. Laroche!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][473570].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2011

I am really surprised by the negative comments about Dr. Laroche. My son was his patient for 4 year, had several complicated eye surgeries and he received the best treatment. We now live in Toronto and my son is seen at the SIck Kids Hospital, and the doctors there are very complementary about the work Dr. Laroche did. When our son was first diagnosed with his eye disease, Dr. Laroche was very caring and talked with us in detail about the course of our son's treatment. I highly recommend Dr. Laroche!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][473569].votes_count ]]