Rate Dr. Tomas G. Antonini

Dr. Tomas G. Antonini's Ratings

Dr. Antonini, was an excellent referral from my pcp. During my annual women wellness checkup my pcp identified ultrasounds would be required. Upon review my uterus was enlarged as a 14wk pregnancy. I met with Dr. A and his staff 3 days later in which he was very methodical in identifying not only was my uterus enlarged from fibroid tumors, but I also had urinary incontinence. I thank him for listening to my concerns and providing various options. He gave me a piece of my life back and for that I will forever be grateful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][473858].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2013

I had symptoms of prolapse but I was not ever previously informed about the condition. At my first two visits the dr and staff were helpful and answered all my questions. I was very apprehensive about some testing and the PA walked me through an uncomfortable exam very nicely showing kindness and patience. The doctor is very down to earth articulate, and real. He took a quick call from his wife during our consult. I was so glad to witness him speaking to her on the phone for a second. I liked his polite manner and affection towards her. I am going to allow him to operate on me next month. Also the surgery scheduler made a mistake and forgot a paper, which caused me some worry. She readily admitted her mistake and apologized. These small windows into peoples' characters make me satisfied with the honest good intent and professionalism. The doctor is very expert in performing his exam. It is uncomfortable. He could have explained better what to expect in the initial exam.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][473857].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2013

My wife and I have only recently started visiting this office. Dr. Antonini has appeared to be everything we hoped...knowledgeable, patient, a good communicator, and therefore increased our confidence and put as at ease more quickly than we thought possible. However, I am motivated to write this comment because of the poor communication and customer service we experienced with his office staff. We found one staff member condescending, abrupt, and unhelpful. It was unbelieveable to us that an office that deals with such intimate and sensitive health matters, could lack fundamental customer service skills I would more than get at Starbucks. We have not given up on Dr. Antonini as our physician of choice, but I hope our initial experience with his staff isn't indicative of what is to come.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][473856].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2012

I find it difficult to find enough good words to say about this doctor. After my first exam, he spoke with my husband and me about, explaining options for handling the prolapse. I decided on the surgery and the whole process was very easy I had heard that Dr Antonini is the expert that other GYNs consult. Dr Antonini and Audrey are friendly yet professional and answered any questions I had. I like that he has me coming back for checkups of the surgery for a year to be sure that all is OK. I definitely recommend Dr Anronini to anyone with a prolapse problem.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][473855].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Antonini and Audrey, and all the staff at their office. I was very nervous about the reconstruction surgery procedure because of negative things I had read on line concerning the mesh product, but when I explained my concerns to Dr. Antonini, he was extremely reassuring and gave me a complete description of the procedure and his expertise since it is his speciality. He followed up on every aspect and answered all of my questions and addressed my concerns in a gentle and professional manner, and my overall experience, from start to finish, was excellent. I recommend him to everyone who will listen! My friends have horror stories about their experiences with reconstruction with other doctors--I'm sorry they didn't have the privilege of being patients of Dr. Antonini.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][473854].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2010

I also had a really great experience with Dr Antonini. He was gentle yet thorough with his exam, and I never felt like he was in a rush. I was nervous, but I felt reassured by the fact that he is a specialist who deals only with women's pelvic floor problems. After doing an exam and few tests he determined that I didn't even need surgery! How great to find an honest doc who has his patient's true interests at heart.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][473853].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2010

I too was nervous about previous negative reviews, but I am happy to say that Dr. Antonini took his time to examine me thoroughly and to explain the surgery he felt I needed. His expertise in both urology and gynecology convinced me that he was the most qualified surgeon in the area for prolapse problems. His nurse practitioner, Audrey, is also excellent. She returns phone calls very quickly and is easy to talk to, which is important given that we are dealing with intimate parts of the body. Following surgery, Dr. Antonini checked with me on Saturday by phone (it was the weekend) and in person on Sunday. He allowed me to make my own decision regarding staying an extra day in the hospital because I was feeling ill and uncomfortable about going home. I appreciate the fact that he did not rush me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][473852].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2010

What a great place to go. I have been seeing my obgyn who knew somewhat of how to fix my prolapse but didn't know enough. I have been very pleased with my experiences here. He is gentle and explains well. You won't be disappointed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][473851].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2009

after we got thru all the crap with the damn scott and white insurance, this doctor is one of the best i have ever been to, he did what he said he was going to and followed up completly, including his lovely wife (also a Doctor), use him, you will not be disappointed. Laura B. Brown

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][473850].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2009

I saw the negative reviews before my first visit, and I was apprehensive. BUT, I had a GREAT experience. He was thorough and gentle. He explained everything and what my options were. He treated me like a fellow human being with a brain. So nice. I felt like he was 100% committed to my care and to help me with my medical issue. I spoke to a fellow patient in the waiting room and she had rave reviews of him as well. In regards to the "surgery fee" in the other reviews, that's an insurance coding issue not a doctor issue. (probably about an in/out cath for the initial visit. I highly recommend this guy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][473849].votes_count ]]