Rate Dr. Matthew H. Zornitzer

Dr. Matthew H. Zornitzer's Ratings

I was in the office 2 hrs. The first group in the waiting room totaled about 20 people, they were treated and left and another 20 poured in. I sat there watching this until I finally went up and asked why I wasn't called. I was told I was 15 min early so they wouldn't be calling me until then. I said Im here to fill out paperwork and if a patient comes in 15 min late rather than early they'll go ahead as well and the moron said yes. I got inside, Dr Z came in, attitude, horrible personality, they xraye my hands, i sat there until they came in 15 min later and asked if i had my xrays. Finally, he said I can't see a fx of your finger but I'll X-ray again in 2 weeks. like hell he will. I'm going to follow up with somebody else. When I left I was the only person there, 40 people came and went. I had been to this office before 4 years ago, hated it the first time, will not go back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2362646].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2014

I saw Dr. Zornitzer for acute shoulder pain in both shoulders for a couple months and numbness in both hands that developed over 3 days. After a 5 minute eval, Dr. Zornitzer diagnosed me with bursitis in both shoulders and carpal tunnel in both hands. I questioned the diagnosis as it seemed too coincidental to me to develop 4 problems at the same time and he basically blew me off saying it would have started sometime. He gave me cortisone for pain and prescribed 12 weeks physical therapy. I have since seen another doctor that ruled out both diagnosis and instead discovered my shoulder blades were the cause of the problem putting pressure on my muscles and nerves. After one physical therapy session to correct my shoulder blade positioning and recondition the muscles in my shoulders, my pain is significantly lessened. The numbness in my hands is gone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][474887].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Zornitzer by my primary care physician, I had a trigger finger. Dr. Zornitzer is kind, but most importantly he is very knowledgeable and FIXED my problem. I was very nervous to come to the appointment because I know I would be receiving an injection. Dr. Zornitzer was very patient and made me feel comfortable and relaxed. As unpleasant as an injection is Dr. Zornitzer and his staff made it as pleasant as possible. I recommend him to all of my friends and family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][474886].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Zornitzer to manage my wrist fracture which was initially treated by another doctor. I had a scaphoid fracture which I was told is very difficult to heal. When the fracture did not heal in a cast I was referred to Dr. Zornitzer for a surgical evaluation. He was very knowledgable about my condition and explained to me my surgical options. He performed the surgery in a surgery center where I was provided excellent care. I was sent to a very caring hand therapist who helped me regain my motion and strength and happily my fracture did heal after Dr. Zornitzer's surgery and I am able to play tennis and golf again. Dr. Zornitzer's care was remarkable. He spent time with me each visit reviewing the progress I had made in range of motion since my last visit and reviewing my x-rays. I have already recommended him to another friend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][474885].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2013

Part of being a physician is making your patients believe that you care. Dr. Zornitzer, however, has all of the personality of a thimble. Typical visit to this practice -- get you in and out as quickly as they can. I cancelled my follow up and went to someone else. It's a shame because he seems to really know his stuff, but I was so uncomfortable with him for the 5 minutes he gave me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][474884].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 5, 2012

has een tending to my son for aout three months with a pretty severe sports related injury. he has een patient and knowledged. we are very comfortale with him and has made this experience tolerable. i highly reccomend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][474883].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2011

Dr. Z is amazing! I am a 48 year old woman who suffered from SEVERE carpal tunnel syndrome in my right hand. Dr. Zornitzer performed a miracle back in July when he executed the carpal tunnel release surgery. I now have full feeling in my fingers - which I was sadly lacking for over 2 years! He did such a wonderful job that I'm going back for more. It's time to do the left hand. Dr. Z. matched his bedside manner to meet my casual style, without sacrificing his professionalism or ability to reassure me that he was knowledgeable and capable. If anyone ever complains of even the slightest twinge, I mention his name. I just can't say enough about him. He did an amazing job both in and out of the O.R.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][474882].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2009

I was referred to Dr. Zornitzer by a general orthopedic surgeon for an evaluation of my hand injury. His caring and knowledge were excellent and his surgical treatment of my injury has allowed me to return to playing the sports I enjoy. He did not rush through my visit and was happy to explain my surgical procedure at length.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][474881].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2009

Dr. Zornitzer brings a casual professionalism to the table. He is very knowledgeable and communicates problems effectively to his patients. He performed my hand surgery. He made himself accessible at every stage of the process, providing extra information even off hours when I reached a calling service.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][474880].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2009

I saw this doctor for a shoulder problem. No surgery done. He was very helpful and did not rush through the visit. Very pleasant also.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][474879].votes_count ]]