Rate Dr. John Hooge

Dr. John Hooge's Ratings

Dr.Hooge was my Dr. since approx 1999. When I was first diagnosed RRMS Dr.Hooge always made me feel like I mattered to him.Prior to this I was reffered to a couple other neurologists and they were both cold.Instead of helping me and finding out what exactly was going on, they made me feel like I was wasting their time.I felt un-easy at such a traumatic time.Dr.Hooge welcomed me in his arms (literally).He got right on the case and thing moved quickly.When the final test results were in , he called me at home on his own time to tell me theresults.COMPASSION? Unbelievable! For 15 years this man took care of me.He is now retired and I will miss him more than he will ever know.He tells me the new guy he referred me to is very much like himself and I will be safe and well cared for.I believe him..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1242846].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

This is a very good doctor. He diagnois professionally and knowledgeably. But I was told he is retired

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1242861].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

I was diagnosed with RRMS in Dec/08 i first saw a woman Neurologist who wouldn't give me the time of day, a friend recommended Dr. Hooge he was a wonderful man checked me out thorouly as my other neuro did not, i highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1242860].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2011

He has been my Neurologist for my M.S. since December 2000. He seems very informative, however at times a little conseritive as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1242859].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2010

I was first diagnosed with MS 21 years ago, and I was extremely upset. I knew it would be several weeks before I could meet with the MS doctor to talk about my illness. The attending neurologist called Dr.Hooge, who specializes in MS, and told him about me. Dr.Hooge made room to take me the next day as he knew how distraught I was. I'm pretty sure Doc gave up his lunch hour for me. I can honestly say that I have never met a more understanding, patient, knowledgable doctor. I find Dr.Hooge to be extremely helpful. I never feel rushed when seeing him. He takes the time to, respectfully, explain everything I don't understand. Sometimes, he may not have the answer to what I'm looking for, but that's because MS is so variable. I do understand that it's pretty hard to give answers on a disease that can be very unpredictable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1242858].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2010

Told me I had PPMS and said there wasn't anything available to help me. That maybe the case but that doesn't help me much!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1242857].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2009

Dr Hooge has been my neurologist since I was diagnosed with MS 12 years ago. I live on Vancouver Island and we since have had an MS clinic open in my town, but I still prefer to go to see Dr Hooge at the MS clinic in Vancouver. He is knowledgable, professional, prompt and will return calls personally with test results. During one visit to Vacouver, I arrived an hour early. He saw me over his lunch hour so I could catch an earlier ferry home. I hope he has no plans of retirement soon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1242856].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2009

I am so grateful and pleased with Dr.Hooge. I saw him at emerg at St. Pauls. Although it was not readily known what my neuro issue was, Dr.Hooge arranged for me to have my mri's very quickly, (4 days). The morning after the mri's he called me to talk about the results, on his own personal time. He's a very caring doctor who listens, and a real good man.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1242855].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2009

I love this guy!he has been my Dr. for about 13 years .He is compassionate and he actually listens.He doesn't rush.He makes me feel like family.How many Dr.s do that!I trust him with my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1242854].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2009

Extremely knowledgeable about the field of medicine he is in. May come off as being somewhat distant - don't be fooled - he is taking in more than you realise. Helps you make choices without pushing it on you. He makes you feel the appointment time with him is all about you. I have never felt rushed or hurried with him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1242853].votes_count ]]