Rate Dr. Lori Miller

Dr. Lori Miller's Ratings

I had an amazing experience with both Lori and Sara Povey.

Lori is a very knowledgeable, professional and personable midwife. She was a great fit for our family and supported and cared for us for both our children. She was always available to answer our questions and concerns. She has a great medical background which was comforting for my husband as he was initially a bit reluctant to go the midwife route. But now he is so vocal about his support for midwives. She has so much knowledge and gave us great advice and suggestions. She took great care of all of us! I wish I could continue to see her and Sara for non-pregnancy and birth related matters. We are all so incredibly grateful and thankful to have gone through this with both Sara and Lori.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2576480].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

awesome midwife. her partner sara povey is excellent as well. very knowledgeable in pregnancy and labour and delivery. highly recommend!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][477177].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2013

If you are looking for a midwife then that is not the right person. Lori likes to act as a doctor, she will show up in the last minute for your delivery, not spend much time in the room, she does not know or respect any alternative health products or means despite the amazing results they have and she will try to push drugs on you. She is extremely opinionated and she will make you feel uncomfortable if you have different opinion than her. You might as well got a doctor, you would have the same impersonal care and may be even better since not all doctors are like that; she did nothing really for me. I would never go back in that office. Love Anita, the receptionist, she is great. She tried her best to help us with referrals for a question we had two weeks after we were dismissed from the midwife care even though Lori said that they can't help us anymore since they are not responsible for us (it was just a breastfeeding question!). Overall not happy at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][477178].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2013

Lori is an extremely caring and dedicated midwife. She seems a little more medically minded than some other lower mainland midwives, so could be a good choice if you're trying to decide between a midwife or a doctor like I was. Gets along well with OB's and staff at hospital from my experience so that is helpful to keep things calm. Open minded and doesn't pretend to know everything. And never makes you feel rushed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][477176].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 30, 2012

Adore Lori! She and her co-workers are the best midwives ive seen! She is very attentive, down to business, friendly and totally helpful! I recommend her to anybody I know who is pregnant, and my sister is now under her care. She makes the trip two cities over to come see Lori.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][477175].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 2, 2012

My first baby, I could not choose anyone better !!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][477174].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2012

Lori is a fantastic Midwife! She is reliable, I can contact her day or night with questions and I can always count on getting the most up to date care. She takes the time to get to know you, so when your "big day" comes, you'll have a friend guiding you through your labour. She is always on time for her appointments and your monthly appointment is on average an hour long. She makes sure your pregnancy is "on track" and if it falls of the track she has many collegues who are obstetricians. She is in it for the good of her patients both mother and child. I would recommend her to any woman who is expecting a normal pregnancy and birth. Having a midwife doesn't mean you have to have a home birth. She has hospital privlidges at Richmond General. She takes on 40-60 patients a year compaired with your average obstetrician who takes on 300+ per year! To her, you are not just a number, you're an important person who deserves just as much care and respect as the next person. Lovely midwife!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][477173].votes_count ]]