Rate Dr. Benjamin N. Potkin

Dr. Benjamin N. Potkin's Ratings

Dr. Potkin is a nice enough person but he has big problems with punctuality, diagnosis and follow through. I was his patient for 7 years, during that time I regularly complained of pain in my chest. He put me through many expensive and risky tests over the years but never found anything. His solution was to put me on an extremely strong drug called Isosorbibe that caused horrendous side effects. I took the drug for 7 yrs until one time when he was not available I saw a different cardiologist. Within 10 minutes he determined that my problem was a simple case of GURD (acid reflux). He took me off about half of what Potkin had me taking and solved the chest pains with a simple Prilosec once a day. When I told Potkin he didn't even bother to apologize for overdosing me on unnecessary drugs for over 7 years. He tried to treat me again while I was hospitalized, I asked him to leave my room and when he would not, I personally escorted him out.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2362768].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

Dr Potkin is very good at what he does. He Saved my life and keeps good track of my health.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][477181].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2013

This guy really is the greatest cardiologist in the greater santa cruz, CA area (I've nearly seen them all!). Very smart, caring, and prepared.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][477180].votes_count ]]