Rate Dr. Mark Johnson

Dr. Mark Johnson's Ratings

After 29 years of pain, morphine, and using a wheelchair Dr. Johnson changed all that for me. No more morphine or wheelchair. It's the best !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2539652].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2014

I heard about prolotherapy from a friend and decided to try it for a knee that was becoming arthritic. My shoulders were also painful in the rotator cuff area from some injuries I'd had occur about 15 years ago and I had him treat these as well. I wasn't sure that prolotherapy would work , but the pain in my shoulders is just about all gone. My knee is much tighter and the arthritis progression appears to have stopped. I felt good enough about how my body had responded to the treatments that I decided to have Dr Johnson treat my lumbar spine which is getting arthritis and stenosis. Too early to know if prolotherapy will help with this ailment, but I'm optimistic based on how the other treatments by Dr Johnson have done for my pain. It isn't for everybody, but I'd recommend you check out prolotherapy, especially if you're considering surgery for joint pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2537402].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2014

Have gone to Dr. Johnson for many treatments. The first was for a torn UCL which is usually fixed by the famous Tommy John surgery. Dr James Andrews in B'ham said that was the only way to fix it. I chose prolotherapy after consulting with my personal Ortho Dr. After seven treatments my pain was gone and the strength was back. That is saying a lot. I am a world class javelin thrower. Won the Senior Olympics and am the current world champion and have not lost a meet in Six years. Those who would call him arrogant are expecting arrogance. I'm a pretty confident guy. I found him quite humble and soft spoken. Sure he talks a lot. But he is talking to you as if you are the only patient he has at that time. Well worth the wait. prolotherapy is not for everyone. It is very effective for soft tissue damage. If you are expecting a miracle you will be disappointed. You have to be very active in your treatment and rehab. He always leaves the room after my treatment....duh. Do some of you expect him to hang around and chat while others are waiting. It takes great skill to do what he does. Those that complain are by nature complainers. Great work Doc. My UCL on a recent MRI was about 50 % thicker than when I tore it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2510683].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 23, 2014

Had 3 treatments done for my plantar fasciitis and now I'm able to walk and run again without pain. Can't believe those negative comments and saw the same doctor!!! ????

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2362778].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

My husband saw him for tennis elbow in both elbows and after 2 treatments he was pain free. My hubby previously went to a doc and had 4 weeks of physical therapy that did nothing to help his pain. However, I went to see him for my low back pain which I have had for many years. So far I have had 2 treatments and I am still having pain. I will go for one more treatment and then try something else. I would say that prolotherapy is not for everyone. If he offers me the prp, I will not have it done. My insurance does not cover prolotherapy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2362777].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

He actually made my back pain worse and it's continually getting worse and only been 2 weeks out. He doesn't give you a chance to talk because he is a know it all. It was extremely painful to have to go through this. You put your faith in someone and get this result. He leaves the room immediately after doing it, which made me think he messed up or something. I think he is more worried about making his money than helping the patient. Travel somewhere before going to him! I should have been logical before letting a "urologist" stick needles in my back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2362776].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

Cured chronic hip and groin pain as well as plantar fasciitis. Friendly staff as well. NOT arrogant at all and can't believe those comments. Yes, he does pray before the treatment but it's prayer for healing and I don't see how that is objectionable. The treatment is pricey but worth it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][477290].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2014

After six months of treatments....prolotherapy alone did not work for me...but in combination with PRP (Platlet Rich Plasma) I had some degree of pain reduction. I have severe osteoarhtitis in hips. For this type of problem stem cell PRP and or fat stem cell/PRP (ones own of course) is what would give results. When asked I learned Dr. Johnson does neither and was basically told prolo/PRP is what would likely give me results. That made me rethink my treatment plan. It is however quite possible that had Dr Johnson done a more comprehensive therapy such as Dr Hauser does (his mentor) of Caring Medical in Chicago....I may have had better results. I have learned that in many cases the reason prolotherapy fails is there is not a comprehensive enough area treated during each session. Yes that would mean getting stuck many, many times but it would possibly brings better results. Also the proliferant used needs to be tailored to the individuals problem.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][477289].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2013

Having had good results from prolotherapy treatment of an injured shoulder I went back to Dr. Johnson for treatment of a knee I had injured in a ziplining accident. I could barely go up or down a flight of stairs. After two treatment sessions in Aug and Sep, by October I was able to go on an 8.2 mile hike over a rocky trail that went down 850 feet and back up. Hard climb out, but no knee problems. Pretty good for 74 years old. I am completely baffled by the negative comments I read here since my experience has been so different. Dr. Johnson is a good man and a good doctor. The treatment works for me, and I am glad I learned about him and prolotherapy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][477288].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2012

I have been getting Prolotherapy treatments for a year instead of a knee replacement. I am about 90% recovered. Insurance has covered treatments until he started using PRP, but that treatment has made the difference. The wait time is sometimes long, but worth the healing. Dr Johnson has been very helpful in explaining the process and progress.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][477287].votes_count ]]