Dr. Mark Johnson

5 1 3.8

You may also like

Rate Dr. Mark Johnson

Dr. Mark Johnson's Ratings

I am a very active person. I work out, lift weights, and do ballroom dancing. I began to experience pain in my right knee and then began to experience excruciating pain down my right calf. It became so painful, that I could not work out or dance. It was waking me up at night and made it difficult to walk. I saw a orthopedic surgeon who determined that I had torn my meniscus and suggested surgery. I had the surgery which did not help the pain at all. After surgery, the doctor gave me lubricant injections in my knee and that did not help the pain in the knee or calf at all. My greatest fear was that the doctor was going to suggest that I have knee replacement surgery. I then learned about Dr. Mark Johnson and prolotherapy through a dance friend of mine. I started to have treatment by Dr. Johnson. He determined that the pain I was having was the result of torn ligaments and tendons in my knee as well as my achilles tendon. After a year of treatment, I am pain free. I remain very active and am so grateful for Dr. Johnson's knowledge and dedication to this therapy. I would highly recommend him to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2815866].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2015

I fell and hit my head in 2012. For a year and a half, I tried nerve blocks, numbing agents, and countless medications. No MRI or scan could "prove" I was in pain. Dr. Johnson was the first person to tell me I had whiplash and extensive nerve damage all around my head, neck and upper back. I have been treated multiple times but only because of how bad it was. Before treatments, I was laid out on the couch in so much pain and I couldn't work. Now, I am back to work part time, exercising and I can be the person I was before the pain. He has changed my life. The treatments are painful, but they work. And IT IS WORTH THE WAIT!! He will get you pain free. Being pain free will happen for me. Thank you Dr. Johnson.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2815347].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Excellent doctor and seems to be able to cure what ails you. However, be prepared to wait to be seen and at my last visit I gave up after waiting in a closed room w/no air for 45 minutes. I had no shirt on and was using the room's paper towels to wipe the sweat off my face, chest and back. Had to think maybe surgery was not such a terrible idea after all and left. Had successful treatment in the past (Different shoulder) but evidently he has become too popular and the cure might be worse than the problem in this case.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2805184].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

Dr. Mark Johnson has been extremely helpful in healing my knee after 3 knee surgeries in 3 years. I was consistently on NSAIDS for years and I am in my mid 20s. I had been all over the country and spent thousands of dollars in an attempt to fix my knee and ended up finding Prolotherapy Nashville which was 10 minutes from my home. After receiving 1 treatment, I noticed improvement and after 5 treatments, my knee was 90% better. I had extensive damage to my knee which is why it took 5 treatments to get to this point, everyone is different. Prolotherapy Nashville has since become my one stop shop for any injuries I have suffered in the last 2 years. There are plenty of prolotherapy clinics around the country but Dr. Mark Johnson in unique in his approach because of how "thorough" he is. With any injury there are many underlying causes and Dr. Johnson does a great job in addressing the injury itself as well as the underlying causes. Accompainied by a very professional staff and treatments that are affordable, this is a great option for chronic pain.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2780611].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

After 29 years of pain, morphine, and using a wheelchair Dr. Johnson changed all that for me. No more morphine or wheelchair. It's the best !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2539652].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2014

I heard about prolotherapy from a friend and decided to try it for a knee that was becoming arthritic. My shoulders were also painful in the rotator cuff area from some injuries I'd had occur about 15 years ago and I had him treat these as well. I wasn't sure that prolotherapy would work , but the pain in my shoulders is just about all gone. My knee is much tighter and the arthritis progression appears to have stopped. I felt good enough about how my body had responded to the treatments that I decided to have Dr Johnson treat my lumbar spine which is getting arthritis and stenosis. Too early to know if prolotherapy will help with this ailment, but I'm optimistic based on how the other treatments by Dr Johnson have done for my pain. It isn't for everybody, but I'd recommend you check out prolotherapy, especially if you're considering surgery for joint pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2537402].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2014

Have gone to Dr. Johnson for many treatments. The first was for a torn UCL which is usually fixed by the famous Tommy John surgery. Dr James Andrews in B'ham said that was the only way to fix it. I chose prolotherapy after consulting with my personal Ortho Dr. After seven treatments my pain was gone and the strength was back. That is saying a lot. I am a world class javelin thrower. Won the Senior Olympics and am the current world champion and have not lost a meet in Six years. Those who would call him arrogant are expecting arrogance. I'm a pretty confident guy. I found him quite humble and soft spoken. Sure he talks a lot. But he is talking to you as if you are the only patient he has at that time. Well worth the wait. prolotherapy is not for everyone. It is very effective for soft tissue damage. If you are expecting a miracle you will be disappointed. You have to be very active in your treatment and rehab. He always leaves the room after my treatment....duh. Do some of you expect him to hang around and chat while others are waiting. It takes great skill to do what he does. Those that complain are by nature complainers. Great work Doc. My UCL on a recent MRI was about 50 % thicker than when I tore it.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2510683].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 23, 2014

Had 3 treatments done for my plantar fasciitis and now I'm able to walk and run again without pain. Can't believe those negative comments and saw the same doctor!!! ????

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2362778].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

My husband saw him for tennis elbow in both elbows and after 2 treatments he was pain free. My hubby previously went to a doc and had 4 weeks of physical therapy that did nothing to help his pain. However, I went to see him for my low back pain which I have had for many years. So far I have had 2 treatments and I am still having pain. I will go for one more treatment and then try something else. I would say that prolotherapy is not for everyone. If he offers me the prp, I will not have it done. My insurance does not cover prolotherapy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2362777].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

He actually made my back pain worse and it's continually getting worse and only been 2 weeks out. He doesn't give you a chance to talk because he is a know it all. It was extremely painful to have to go through this. You put your faith in someone and get this result. He leaves the room immediately after doing it, which made me think he messed up or something. I think he is more worried about making his money than helping the patient. Travel somewhere before going to him! I should have been logical before letting a "urologist" stick needles in my back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2362776].votes_count ]]