Rate Dr. Cigdem Arkuran

Dr. Cigdem Arkuran's Ratings

This is the second time I was referred to Dr. Arkuran with my second baby on the way. I chose to see my family doctor until I was in my 3rd trimester as there is a constant back up with appointments. I would most often wait 45-60 past my appointment time and I would only see Dr. Arkuran for less than 5 minutes. It seems like she's always in a rush to see patients and is in her office most of the time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2518012].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2014

From all of the stuff that I've read here, I assume that I could've had a nice experience with Dr. Arkuran if only her awful, AWFUL receptionist didn't shy me away from her. Had an appointment that I waited for three months.I called the office to confirm and apparently, I had the date wrong (my fault). But there wasn't also a follow-up call in the first place. Anyway, I asked for a reschedule and she told me that I would have to pay a 100 bucks for it. (She told me this over and over again throughout the whole conversation as if implying that I can't afford it.) I said it's OK, so she suggested me an appointment for the following month. I said that I can't because I'm going to be out the country.. What she told me was the RUDEST reply ever, and I quote, "You should just call your family doctor and ask for another referral to a different doctor because you are wasting my time." She should get fired.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][478514].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014

I highly recommend Dr. Arkuran. She is very skilled surgeon. A perfectionist, and isn't that who you want operating on your body. She will not rush you to surgery until it is necessary and other options have been taken into consideration. She is very knowledgeable and complete during appointments. She is patient to answer questions in an understandable manner. Perhaps this explains the longer waiting room times. She is empathetic and reads feelings well. She took time to see me pre and post-op. I have been her patient for years and would not go to another gynecologist. The receptionist runs a very busy office in a timely and polite manner. She has always been very helpful and kind. She is competent and accommodating on the phone or in person. Appointments may run late, but Dr. Arkuran is well worth the wait.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][478513].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2012

I found Dr. Arkuran to be very knowledgeable and solution-focused. I appreciated her caring but no-nonsense attitude. I did not experience any poor attitude on the part of her Admin Assistant, who seemed professional, if not warm. The constructive comments I have are about the scheduling and the office. My best wait for a scheduled appointment was 45 minutes after the scheduled time, and the longest wait occured more than two hours after it was scheduled. Given how busy she is, the office and waiting room are cramped and in need of a makeover. However, despite the wait, Dr. Arkuran was attentive and helpful. She was able to address my medical issues, and I was very satisfied with the outcome of the surgery she performed, although, I never saw or spoke with her at the hospital, post-op, only the nurses. That may be because I felt well enough to be discharged in 24 hrs.She may be "no frills," but you get strong competence and solid solutions instead. I recommend her, highly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][478512].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2011

On my first appointment in this office was a very positive experience. I was very apprehensive due to the reason I was there. Although I had to wait a while before my appointment, I feel it was worth the wait, as when I did get to see Dr.Arousal, she reassured me and impressed me with the knowledge and treatment alternatives. I did not feel rushed, and I felt that what I was dealing with was important to this Dr. I am sure the time she spent with me also made her late for her next appointment, I appreciate this level of care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][478511].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2011

she is slow, she takes 2 to 3 hours before she meet you, the secretary book 15 min between patient , sometimes she gets irrate with everyone around, very busy place to go , not suggesting much this dr. bad experience

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][478510].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 3, 2011

aftr seeing rude comments on the receptionist.it donned on me how rude she was indeed. dr arkuman is a good doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][478509].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

Dr. Arkuran was very nice and appeared to know what she was talking about, however after doing both my surgery and my mother's I am very concerned about her OR staff. My Mother had to go back in to fix her insides after Dr. Arkuran botched her surgery and I had a rather large tool left inside me!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][478508].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 16, 2011

Great doctor except you do not know if she will be the one on call to deliver your baby!! I am very upset with the fact that I probably won't know the person I am trusting the delivery of my baby with! Her respetionist on the other hand is the rudest person i have ever met in my life!! She is the reason why I will NOT being going back to see her. And the fact that you have to wait over an hour after your appointment to get in. I am going to continue to see my family doctor Dr. Chin because I am not going to know who will be delivering our baby anyways!! She needs to FIRE her resepionist and find a new one who can handle the presure and still manage to be nice to people. And not eat her stinky lunch in a small room full of pregnany women who have morning sickness!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][478507].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2011

I was so surprised to read the comments for secretary because due to her VERY RUDE behaviour I wanted to change Dr arkuran....PLEASE doctor arkuran if so many people are feeling that way about her CHANGE your receptionist. I am seeing Dr arkuran for about 3 years she used to have a very nice receptionist before and i had no complains she was polite call back on patients do referreals very well mannered.....Now each time i call I had to breath in and out several times in order to deal with this new receptionist.She is un polite, rude and does'nt know where she is working, Absolutely no work ethics....older receptionist was also working in same office with same pressure of such a busy doctor...But this reception will move dr arkuran patients away from her as I did

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][478506].votes_count ]]