Dr. Mark A. Heitner

Grad. Year: 1980

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 23 reviews. Dr. Mark A. Heitner has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Psychiatrist-related: mental illness, depression, schizophrenia, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, substance abuse disorders, depression medication, pharmacological treatment, prescription drugs
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5433821
29/04/14 5 4 4 5 Dr. Heitner is a knowledgeable doctor who always responds promptly to emails and phone calls. He offers reasonable, experienced, and safe advice on medication. During appointments, he listens closely to my questions and answers each one. However, I feel that often the doctor doesn't give the patient his opinion on what is the best course of treatment, and instead leaves the choice up to his patient. But having been to several psychiatrists in the Bay Area, I feel that this is the case with every psychiatrist I've had. It would be great if psychiatrists can use their experience of having seen many patients to offer their patients an educated opinion regarding how medication should be managed, whether dosage should be decreased and if so over how long of a period, the chances of relapse and how to prevent one.  Respond

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Mark" to "Mark A."
RID: 2649561
15/05/13 5 5 5 5 I typically dread psychiatrists and especially finding a new one when I move. Between my personal experiences and my mom's experiences - the bad experiences definitely outweigh the good. So when I moved to the Bay Area where I do not have coworkers or friends to ask for referrals from, I was dreading finding a doctor. I called my insurance company and they sent me a list of participating doctors and that is how I found Dr. Mark. I have had nothing but a positive experience! He listens to what I have to say, we have worked through challenges with my medications and he is always quick to respond (by phone/email) when I have a question or concern. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who asked.
RID: 2570028
25/02/13 5 5 5 5 Dr Heitner is a really great psychiatrist who can quickly drill down to the heart of the problem, and offer potential solutions. He cares about his patients, and is very responsive. I highly recommend him.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2514010
27/12/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Heitner has provided me excellent care for 8 yrs. I've not had a crisis for my illness as his recommended prescriptions have kept me healthy. He is friendly, funny and easy to talk with. He is intelligent and not pretentious.  Respond
RID: 2506903
20/12/12 5 5 5 5 Dr Heitner is great. Always available if not by phone by email. He's super nice and super smart.  Respond
RID: 1851387
05/04/12 5 4 5 5 Dr. Heitner is very professional and caring and has never made me feel like I was less of a person because of my illness. I have had some very bad experiences with some very condescending psychiatrists and so when I found Dr. Heitner I have been very happy to keep him as my doctor. I highly recommend him.
RID: 1692449
20/01/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Heitner is awesome! I've been seeing him for a year now. He's so easy to talk with, open up, shed your fears. He listens, is compassionate and is very conscious of his prescribing medicines. I count my lucky stars that I met him and I highly recommend him to anyone in need and searching. Look no further!! He is great.
RID: 1667191
21/12/11 5 5 5 5 Dr Heitner is an all around smart guy! He quickly got to the root of my issues with alcohol and depression. Prescriptions are right on target with detailed explanations.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 1659365
12/12/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Heitner is a very smart and funny guy. He's helped me a lot along the lines of school, treatment and career path. He not only takes personal concern for his patients but goes the extra mile to help with other issues not related to anything in particular. He is a really great guy to talk to and is highly recommended.
Insurance: Pacificare
Paid (or co-pay): $40
RID: 1501857
02/08/11 5 5 5 5 I'm a finance professional and I would highly recommend Dr. Heitner. He has been an enormous help to me in identifying and dealing w/ Adult ADD.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 1445650
20/05/11 5 5 5 5 Excellent, very knowledgable and helpful physician.. Dr. Heitner really cares!
RID: 1405007
02/04/11 3 5 5 5 Dr. Heitner is a caring competent doctor that I recommend highly. I was suffering from severe bipolar depression when I first saw Dr. Heitner and did not want to be there, but my internist insisted. I am so glad I went! We discussed three possible medications for my condition and the possible side effects, and decided on what would be best for me. The medication has helped me a lot. However, I believe that Dr. Heitner's compassion and support is almost as valuable as the medication, even though the medication treats the known biochemical component of bipolar disorder. I'm lucky to have found Dr. Heitner.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1386567
13/03/11 3 4 5 5 I feel comfortable asking Dr. Heitner questions because he answers clearly and willingly. We went through a frustrating time together trying to find the right combination of medications, but he didn't give up on me! Dr. Heitner also recommended a therapy program that was extremely beneficial and I feel he is sincerely interested in me as a person, not just a patient.
RID: 1250109
14/09/10 5 5 5 5 Very efficient and knowledgeable. Easy to make appointments. Wait time is not much longer than 5 to 10 minutes.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 1241070
31/08/10 5 5 5 5 Awesome Doctor!! I highly recommend him. He is very easy to talk to. Always responds quickly to emails and voicemails. He has been very helpful to me and I'm so glad to have him as my doctor.
RID: 1236356
24/08/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Heitner has an easy going manner that puts you immediately at ease. His vast knowledge of the subject inspires a great deal of confidence in me.
Insurance: Pacificare
RID: 1217431
28/07/10 5 4 5 5 Dr. Heitner is very good at deagnosing and figuring out which medications work for you.
Paid (or co-pay): $55
RID: 1209602
16/07/10 5 5 5 5 I have been seeing Dr. Heitner for 5 years. He is great. He has helped me with so many issues.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1200132
01/07/10 5 5 5 5 Dr Heitner is awesome! He runs on time and is listens when I have concerns.  Respond
RID: 1197941
28/06/10 5 5 5 5 wonderful experience, really knows his stuff. I feel he is well qualified  Respond
RID: 1197814
28/06/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Heitner is an awesome doctor. He is competent, friendly, and communicates very well with patients. He is responsive if I call with questions. And it's fairly easy to get an appointment.  Respond
RID: 1144422
07/04/10 5 4 5 5 Botox is about half his practice. It was easy to schedule an appointment. He uses email to answer my questions quickly.  Respond
RID: 1039970
21/11/09 5 5 5 5 I saw him for a Botox injection. I was very pleased with the result. And there was no pain.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user