Rate Dr. Dean Smith

Dr. Dean Smith's Ratings

I had chalazion removal surgery today with Dr. Smith. What a great experience! I was nervous but he was very calm and explained everything to me. It was quick and painless. One of the nicest doctors I have met! Would definitely reccommend him in the future!

Submitted May 12, 2014 | flag

Dr. Smith was one of the best specialists I have ever dealt with. He was helpful, kind and informative. I had cataracts removed and implants inserted and he took into account that I had had two detatched retinas. I felt very safe and comfortable and my eyesight is now amazing. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing eye surgery of any kind. In additiona, I don't think I ever waited more than 15 minutes on the numerous times I visited his office. Just a very positive experience all round.

Submitted Jan. 10, 2013 | flag

Great doctor. Walked me through the procedure when I had LASIK, although he was more thorough with explaining what was happening with my first eye than my second eye as I was getting the procedure done. Recently had my 1 yr appointment and my optometrist said that you almost can't tell I had the procedure and that my eyes have recovered better than he had expected. I think this is due to Dr. Smith's expertise and that I try my best to take good care of them. What more could I ask for?

Submitted Jan. 5, 2013 | flag

Dedicated caring eye-care Professional, supported by equally dedicated helpful staff, such as the appointment Secretary, Sonia.

Submitted Oct. 3, 2012 | flag

Dr. Smith recently did my LASIK surgery. He did an incredible job and I am so grateful. His bed side manner is lovely. Considering the clinic was very busy, the staff never made me feel rushed and they were all happy and professional. Dr. Smith took his time to explain everything, gave me time to ask questions and made me feel very comfortable and safe! Awesome experience!!

Submitted March 7, 2012 | flag

This experience transformed my life. I would recommend Dr. Smith to ayone and everyone.

Submitted Jan. 17, 2012 | flag

Had my eyes checked after what my contacts did to me, and he was very helpful on what I needed to do.

Submitted Oct. 25, 2011 | flag

This is the best specialist that I ever had in the past 20 years that I live here

Submitted March 23, 2011 | flag

I had heard that Dr. Dean Smith was an excellent eye surgeon. When I had my initial meeting with me, he said he would give me plenty of time to answer my questions and address any concerns that I might have. He also reviewed the type of lens best suited for my lifestyle. I required cataract surgery on both eyes and both surgeries went perfectly. Less than twenty minutes for both and due to a cancellation, my second surgery was done one week to the hour from the first one. I was absolutely amazed at how well I could see with each eye immediately after surgery. My surgery was done at Trillium-Queensway Hospital and everyone was very pleasant and helpful. So thumbs up for Dr. Smith and his team. I have been recommending him to friends and relatives since my two surgeries in December, 2010. Cheers Glen.

Submitted March 17, 2011 | flag

Dean Smith performed my Ladar laser eye surgery at TLC back in 2003 and I was incredibly pleased with the results - getting 20/20 vision after having a really high prescription with LOTS of astigmatism! Only now am I needing to go back to see about an enhancement. My optometrist always raves about how pristine my corneas are, and how if another optometrist didn't know I had laser surgery done, that they wouldn't be able to tell by looking at my corneas now...I think that is a testament to Dr. Smith's skills. Eventhough my eyes are prone to irritation and inflammation - with all of the post-surgery care/instructions I received, I didn't have any problems. I am relieved to hear that Dr. Smith is still with TLC, as I am confident in his abilities, which makes the idea of considering an enhancement involving a different procedure (PRK) less intimidating.

Submitted March 14, 2011 | flag