Rate Dr. J. SCOTT Hassell

Dr. J. SCOTT Hassell's Ratings

I found Dr. Hassell to be very polite and kept me informed on every step he took as he performed a prostrate biopsy. I had no discomfort or complications during or after the procedure.

Submitted Dec. 27, 2013 | flag

I was diagnosed with Renal Carcinoma and met with Dr Hassell to discuss options. The Doctor was very helpful, patient,and answered all of my questions.

Submitted Aug. 10, 2011 | flag

dr hassell found that i had cancer of the ureter. performed the surgery and all of my followups have been great.his staff has allways been very polite and helpful

Submitted June 2, 2011 | flag

Dr. Hassel in an emergency situation does not respond timely or in a compassionate way. He leaves the room before questions are answered and fails to take time to be even an average doctor. His lack of attention caused a severe complication that cost me days of agony and kidney trauma, not to mention thousands of dollars in extra hosptial expenses.

Submitted July 25, 2010 | flag

I waited for this doctor from 7:00am to 4:30pm with no food or water so that I could have surgery on my kidney stones. He never called or provided an update. I had to stay another night in the hospital. Surgery was scheduled for 7:00am the next morning. I didn't go in until almost 11:00. The nurses and other doctors stated that he is always late. He said he was going to perform a prostate exam while I was under sedation, but he did not. He had poor communication skills and was neglectful. I am now going to see Dr. Chester Graham. It's like night and day.

Submitted Feb. 3, 2010 | flag

Dr. Jeffrey Scott Hassel operated on me without a full exam (CAT scan) told me my vaginal wall had collapsed. I believed him. I had surgery and had to be in hospital for 5 days with a catheter, I didn't understand that. A week later onward I had uncontrolled urine release. Went to another urologist. A good one. This doctor had my records transferred after painful tests were administered to determine the problem. Upon this doctors reading my records he related to me that Dr. Hassell had permanently and surgically damaged my urethra to an extent that it will never be and cannot be repaired, ever. I have received some relief from a wonderful urologist at SMU. Dr. Hassell didn't even have what it takes to tell me what he did! Another urologist had that task. I tried to contact him about money to repair his damage but to no avail. Rude? Yes. Knowledge? Little to none if I'm an example. So, for the next few decades? I suffer from this knife weilding doctor. Doctor (?) I think not.

Submitted April 28, 2009 | flag

This is the most neglectful, rude doctor I have ever encountered. He was on call the night I was in desperate need of some antibiotics for my recurrent urinary tract infection. Not only did he refuse to give me any medication, but he was terribly rude when I told him I did not think I could afford to come back in for an office visit because I was recently laid off from my job. His response: "Well, I think now is the time you need to shell out some money for a visit"! His office left me without medication over the christmas holidays!! I would rather go to the ER uninsured than return to these incompetent, heartless people.

Submitted Jan. 1, 2009 | flag