Rate Dr. Andrew K. Kumasaka

Dr. Andrew K. Kumasaka's Ratings

Dr. Kumasaka should not be practicing medicine. He is capable of prescribing medications out of anger and frustration. When my ex-husband and I were at the end of our marriage, we were both seeing Dr. Kumasaka for depression. Apparently, the doctor felt sympathy for my husband because he put me on Depakote for my feelings of anger, a normal state I believe for ending a long term marriage. I didn't realize what it was and took the pill after being told I wouldn't "feel so angry". I gained 50 pounds overnight and when another psychiatrist took me off the drug after determining I had been given it inappropriately, I developed a facial tic which has never gone away. I have also had a terrible time with my weight which was not normal for me. Watch out!!!

Submitted Aug. 26, 2014 | flag

This doctor is a real person and listens extremely well. None of the typical "and how does that make you feel?". I've learned and used valuable life tools from him.

Submitted Nov. 27, 2009 | flag

Excellent caring doctor. Very professional and informed. Very good with medication and therapy.

Submitted June 2, 2009 | flag

Some years ago, our family practice doctor recommended this psychiatrist. Though our family member's need was not an emergency, it was serious and getting worse. Dr. Kumasaka never returned any calls. Our GP would tell us to call again and still no reply. Finally, we gave up. Even those doctors who had no openings, called to say so, sometimes offering referrals. To me, this is a red flag and reflects his level of concern for those reaching out for help.

Submitted Dec. 30, 2008 | flag