Rate Dr. Bowen D Miles

Dr. Bowen D Miles's Ratings

I would never recommend this office to anyone. Like other people are saying, they do not pay attention to your concerns and Dr. Miles acts like he doesn't have time for you. I was a transfer patient so most of the initial work was already done but I still had to pay close to full price and all they did in two years was make 3 adjustments and tell me to wear my elastics. Sometimes I waited 30-40 minutes in the waiting room for a 5 minute appointment because they were behind or didn't book their appointments correctly. One time Dr. Miles asked me if I wanted my braces off when I had a completely shift back tooth and I couldn't even bite my front teeth together. I was shocked that he would ask me, because he is suppose to be the professional.Another time when I tried to tell them that Dr.Miles sanded off part of tongue and got metal in my nose because he didn't give me a mask, and all the receptionist did was say "OK, I will let him know, sorry about that" and that is it! She didn't do anything and I was so upset because I had to leave work that day because I literally couldn't move my tongue from the pain. No one ever followed up with it or offered a solution to help with the pain.

The worst part though is that every time I asked questions about my treatment or voiced concerns they would give vague answers and leave me feeling unsure. It got to the point where I had to escalate my concerns over the phone just to try and get some answers, but that didn't help either, the staff chose to interrupt me and argue with me instead of listen and make me feel better about my treatment. After that, everyone in the office treated me with disrespect. This is when I realized that the staff must be so defensive because they are use to these types of interactions with clients.

Overall, very poor customer service and understanding from the staff and especially from Dr. Miles. I chose to end my treatment early because of the disrespect and abrasiveness from the staff each time I go in there. Dr. Miles really needs to build of a proper culture at the Smile Spot and teach his staff to be more understanding and customer friendly. I could have referred hundreds of people in my lifetime but instead I will not refer a single one.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2623975].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

The staff are very caring and helpful. Barely had to wait in waiting room.
Dr. Miles knew exactly what he was doing when he did my braces. Overall, very good!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2583273].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2014

I recently had braces treatment at this office and would not recommend them to anyone. Dr doesn't pay very good attention to concerns or details. Some of my teeth are still crooked and the assistants did things like cut wires over my face and pieces would go flying and sometimes the brackets weren't closed after leaving from an appointment.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2580542].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2014

I am in my early 30s and recently started treatment with Dr. Miles. I had been to a few consultations with other orthodontists and I was impressed at how thorough Dr.Miles was. He spent a lot if time explaining things and he gave me two different treatment options, one that was quick and inexpensive that would fix everything cosmetically, the other which was more involved but would handle the cosmetic as well as functional side of things. Everyone at the office is really kind and seems to be very knowledgeable. I got my braces on two weeks ago and you could tell Dr. Miles is kind of a perfectionist, which is excellent. So far, I would definitely recommend the Smile Spot to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2566462].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

I have two children who are both in treatment with Dr. Miles and am considering having invisalign treatment for myself. Right from our first exam we had a great impression of the office. Everyone is very friendly and welcoming! My kids always love to enter the fun contests that they have available which makes them excited to come to the appointments. Dr. Miles is very knowledgeable, detailed, and thorough when it comes to the treatment and you can tell that he takes great pride in his work. My son was nervous when he was first starting in the braces process and the assistants have always done a great job putting him at ease and answering his questions. I already recommend my friends and family looking for an orthodontist to visit the Smile Spot!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][482893].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2014

I am a mother of three children and one has treatment with Dr Miles. I am debating whether to bring my other two kids in for treatment. His staff is great! Always have a wonderful experience with them, But Dr miles is not a pleasant man. I often sit in the back while the girls work and just seeing the way he talks to them and treats them makes me sick to my stomach. The only thing making me come back to this office is the location to where i live and i do enjoy the girls that work there, they do pretty much all the work anyways it seems. I am happy with treatment but i do not like how staff is treated at this office. Working in customer service this is not right.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][482892].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2014

I am getting braces through Dr. Miles and he sees you only for a brief moment and does not pay careful attention to details. A few times, I had to tell him what to do and then he will follow my guidance. I feel like I am the orthodontist and he never has time to answer any questions. He will give you the shortest answer possible and always avoid questions by trying to run away. I feel like he is there to do a minimal job and treat his clients like they are just a number. You cannot build a personal connection with him and he does not build trust with his clients. I would not recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][482891].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2013

***I visited him today for initial consultation. I was very impressed by Dr. Miles. He was extremely Smart, intelligent, expert, knowledgeable, brutally honest and straight forward, unbiased and kind. He gave me a clear and enlightening explanation that I was looking to hear for ages but none of the orthodontist I visited were able to clearly communicate to me regarding my teeth condition. He summarized my situation and clearly provided me with the problem, causes, treatment options and possible complications. His clinic was veryyyyy cleaaannnnnnnnnn and beautifully decorated. His staff were all smiling cheerfully and loving. very spacious office. separate offices. Just when it came to the cost, the treatment coordinator was kind of rigid and said "sorry I have to follow the cost guide" and didn't really have any room for discussion or negotiation. I think I will postpone my plan due to budget constraint but I would definitely do it if I had the money. **Highly recommended**

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][482890].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2013

I had an amazing ortho experience! Thanks to Dr. Miles and his staff! My treatment took longer than Dr. Miles expected, but that was all good. Dr. Miles is a pro! Will definitely recommend him:)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][482889].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 26, 2013

I was very disappointed when I had a consultation with Dr. Miles. He looked at my X-rays and told me he would not even 'consider touching' my case unless I agreed to have orthagnathic surgery. He made me feel like a monster with a grotesque set of teeth. And the coordinator girl was very pushy, trying to get me to sign as soon as he left the room, without me even being able to look further into the surgery option. I left that place in tears. Luckily, I had a second consultation with another Dr. and I am so glad I did. 2 years later, I have perfect teeth and had a wonderful experience with the other orthodontist. And he sent my scans to a specialist who determined I most assuredly did NOT need surgery. I would not recommend Dr. Miles to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][482888].votes_count ]]