Rate Dr. David M. Thompson

Dr. David M. Thompson's Ratings

Caring and attentive and vastly knowledgeable, Dr Thompson has successfully managed my diabetes for over 10 years.

Submitted Aug. 12, 2014 | flag

I found this "Specialist" a bit dis-concerned for my wellbeing, adverse effects to medication prescribed it seemed more of a mild interest than a concern to him. Rather troubled now with the decision to future trust someone with something so sever as my medical condition..., food for thought.

Submitted July 19, 2012 | flag

Dr. Thompson is the best there is. He takes the time to really listen to you and how you feel. I would stop looking for an Endocrinologist right now and book him if you're reading this. He's been practicing for a long time and it show's from his experience. He makes you feel at ease and you leave feeling like you're going to get the help that you are looking for. Dr. Thompson thank you so much for your help.

Submitted Jan. 31, 2012 | flag

I had a very bad experience with Dr Thompson 2 years ago.I was referred to him by my Dr as I had an enlarged thyroid,,After a one minute exam,[ & dealing with his rude receptionist] ,he gave me synthyroid & told me to come back in 6 months, Big mistake,!..,I should have had a blood test much sooner, I was travelling alot in Asia & began to feel worse & worse & had badly swollen ankles,& heart palpataions & a racing pulse,,I thought I had a travel bug,! When I got back home I had the 6 month thyroid blood test& my own Dr phoned me immediately & said that the thyroid reading was sky high & I might have a heart attack !if I didnt stop synthyroid immediately Dr Thompson never bothered to call,when I saw him , by now I had lost 55 pounds& was shaking all over He didnt even ask me if I had lost weight,was vague & uninterested,,just told me I could never take synthyroid again & washed his hands of me,,My hair turned gray,& fell out, then I developed major osteoporosis as a side effect

Submitted July 31, 2011 | flag

I have been seeing dr thompson for over 10 years. He has seen me through good and bad times. I miss his old receptionist, Maureen, she was really helpful. His new one is learning and i'm still very glad to see him 2 or 3 time a year. He listens to my symptoms and has encouraged me to research my condition. He has allowed me to live a full life again. I work full-time, weight lift and bike ride, study part-time and have time for my family without being exhausted all the time. He has seen me through hyperthyroid to hypothyroid and other non-thyroid issues.

Submitted Oct. 24, 2010 | flag

I have seen Dr. Thompson twice. Although he was recommended by my Naturopath who's opinion I respect I didn't feel like I was helped by Dr. Thompson. I have very high (over the max) cortisol levels and all he did was give me a dex suppression test that came back ok. He then said that maybe I was the type of person that just has high cortisol????????? He prescribed low dose progesterone and estriol creams that didn't seem to do much (my ND tested them and said they weren't strong enough) but Dr. Thompson didn't think increasing them would be helpful??? Don't you have to experiment with dosages with bio identical hormones?? Anyway, I don't think I will go back to him as it doesn't seem I will get any benefit out of seeing him again. I also suspect my thyroid is involved, but he didn't do any testing for it.

Submitted Oct. 8, 2010 | flag

I finally landed Dr. Thompson after another horrible endocrinologist. I had to almost bribe my family doctor. No one would listen to the fact that on Synthroid, even though my thyroid labs were perfect, I felt terrible. Dr. Thompson, as stated, works on symptoms, not labs, as he understands the complex interplay with every individual, and that one size does NOT fit all. Under his care, I thrived on new medication and felt like I got my life back after 6 years. He listened to me quite intently, took his time, and valued my input as opposed to playing god, like most specialists. Highly recommend him if your Synthroid is not working, and your docs will not listen to you.

Submitted Sept. 15, 2010 | flag

Every time I see Dr. Thompson I feel better. He takes the time to answer your questions, listen to how your doing, and explain possible courses of treatment. The best endo ever!

Submitted June 17, 2010 | flag

Great doctor who actually listens to your symptoms and prescribes accordingly instead of going by lab results alone. He was able to get my hypothyroid condition under control with dessicated thyroid hormone when Synthroid was no longer working for me. He followed any calls with a prompt personal phone call. I have never felt rushed during an appointment. Would highly recommend him. Office staff is now much better.

Submitted May 17, 2010 | flag

I have been seeing Dr Thompson for nine months now as I have an underactive thyroid. I think he is an excellent doctor. Very knowledgeable & caring. He does think outside the box & is more concerned with how you feel than test results. When one medication doesn't work he is willing to try another. Always wiling to listen to how I feel & what I think. I never feel rushed when I go to see him. I seen quite a few endocrinologists before him & they all treated me by the book & not by how I felt. He is definately the best & I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone, especially people who have a hard time getting their thyroid medication to work.

Submitted Feb. 13, 2010 | flag