Dr. Darryl Appleton

Dr. Darryl Appleton

Rate Dr. Darryl Appleton

Dr. Darryl Appleton's Ratings

By far, Dr. Appleton is the best doctor I have had the honour of meeting. He explained every step in the complicated process of obtaining an apnea mask. He did not rush his time with me and personally gave me a tour of his facility. The staff made me feel welcome and comfortable as soon as I walked through their doors. The sleeping facility is better than some hotels I have stayed at. Each bedroom has their own bathroom, tv with 600+ channels, temper pedic mattresses, windows, etc. There is an awesome kitchen that is accessible for all patients. Unfortunately, Dr. Appleton has a very hectic schedule (only in Toronto for 1 week out of each month) but he is worth the wait. His respect and attention to detail is greatly appreciated. Thank you to him and his exceptional staff for not treating me as a patient - but as a friend.

Submitted July 23, 2014 | flag

Dr Appleton is very knowledgeable and extremely friendly. Unfortunately many doctor's lack a pleasant personality and genuine interest in your well being, they just want to get you out the door quick, with a prescription in your hand. Not Dr. Appleton. I was blown away by the modern, clean, comfortable setup of the sleep clinic when I was there to stay overnight. All the amenities and breakfast when you check out the next day. The staff is very friendly and take pride in ensuring you are comfortable at the clinic. Dr. Appleton thoroughly explained my sleep report and what treatment can be done. He was very flexible about when to see him next. Also, he inquired in detail about my reason for coming to the clinic for a sleep test and listened to me explain everything. He actually cared. Great personality and wonderful setup of the clinic. Though it was out of the way for me, I was happy afterwards that I came there.

Submitted May 25, 2014 | flag

Dr. Appleton's new office/sleep lab on Wilson Ave. in Toronto is a "state of the art" 5-STAR American luxury hotel compared to the typical utilitarian hospital-like sleep clinics in this city. His clinic is capable of overnight polysomnography as well as other sleep tests not usually provided elsewhere (ie. the MSLT and MWT). Luxury shower facilities and a kitchen are two added bonuses. As for the doctor himself, Dr. Appleton is very kind and extremely knowledgeable in treating cataplectic narcolepsy, idiopathic CNS hypersomnolence, sleep disordered breathing (apneas/hypopneas/RERAs), and periodic limb movements during sleep. In addition, unlike most sleep docs in Ontario, Dr. Appleton is a prescribing physician in the Xyrem Success Program, and he constantly strives to stay current with all the latest developments coming out of Stanford. And, as an American doctor, he can also prescribe US drugs not available in Canada if you visit his clinic in Florida. .../ Dominic Briganti

Submitted May 14, 2014 | flag

Dr. Appleton was great to deal with. He was knowledgeable, great bed side manner, willing to go the extra mile. The facilities, although new, were amazing, comfortable, and warm. It was not my first sleep study done, but it was one that was fully explained. The sleep technician, was AMAZING. Kind, friendly, really made the experience painless. The front reception staff, made me feel welcome as soon as i walked in, with a warm smile and hello. I would highly recommend this practice. Even the free parking was easy. Well done Dr. Appleton and all staff!!!!

Submitted March 20, 2014 | flag

Dr Appleton and the Appleton clinic changed my life. I woke up every day feeling like garbage; I assumed everyone felt this way in the mornings. I was referred to the Appleton clinic as was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea. I now have a CPAP machine and sleep well every night; I feel more alert, more energetic, more able to concentrate. Overall the quality of my life is way better. Dr Appleton is cool, smart, competent, and just a great doctor providing a great medical service. I can't recommend him enough!

Submitted Oct. 23, 2013 | flag

OK, just got a call from some company that rents/sells clap machines....and I feel very annoyed. This clinic set up an appointment for my husband, there was no initial appointment with Doctors and now I can see there is no follow-up. It seems like these Doctors really promote the business of medical supply companies. I believe at the very least, there should have been some sort of consultation. Btw, I've had this procedure done at other places in Toronto and always had an initial appointment and a follow-up. Should OHIP be charged?

Submitted May 28, 2013 | flag

It was a pleasure to meet Dr. Appleton after my sleep study. Very personable,knowledgable & took the time to explain my results in a way that I could understand. As well,the clinic itself was run by very professional technicions that explained every step of the study. Would (& have) recommended this clinic to anybody that has sleep issues!

Submitted April 16, 2013 | flag

Submitted Jan. 30, 2013 | flag

Dr Appleton is friendly, caring and kind and knows his sleep disorders. He helps you a lot. It is so nice in this day and age to find a caring Doctor. He is great and I recommend him alot to others and refer patients there. His Dad, DR.Sherwood Appleton was also wonderful and we miss him a lot. Some sleep disorders are due to hormone imbalances in men, women and teens....this should be looked into with every patient and their nutrition and diet and sleep habits.

Submitted Jan. 15, 2013 | flag

After having done a sleep study in his clinic, I had my follow up appointment with Dr. Appleton the following month. I have to say it was an absolute pleasure meeting and discussing my case with him. His analysis of my sleep habits matched my own suspicions and he also gave me great insight into what I can do to correct my sleep habits. He was very friendly, very easy to talk to and HE LISTENED to what I had to say. His multi-disciplined approach to my issues was a breath of fresh air as it encompassed many aspects of health that most doctors do not take into consideration when diagnosing. I am very grateful to him for having taken the time to actually think through how he wanted to treat his patients before he studied medicine and how he has left himself open to all avenues of treatment. It has given him the ability to treat the whole patient and not just the symptoms. I highly recommend Dr. Appleton and plan to consult him as often as I can about my health issues.

Submitted Aug. 25, 2012 | flag