Rate Dr. Harry Spiera

Dr. Harry Spiera's Ratings

I think Dr. Spiera is a wonderful and thoughtful doctor and if your interactions with the manager of his office are limited to just making appointments and saying a brief hello when you walk in then she is easy enough to deal with and he is more than worth it. However, if your interactions with the manager of his office are going to increase (due to needing medical records transferred to other offices and things of that nature) I can't say he's worth the amount of trouble that is bound to be. I have nothing but nice things to say about Dr. Spiera and I think it's a shame that I was unable to continue on with him because his office manager was as difficult and unhelpful as she could be.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2579517].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

I wonder why the ratings are being eliminated or deleted. I agree that the staff is horrible and turns people off. I am contemplating leaving the practice because it is simply too hard to deal with passive aggression. The rater who explained the good-cop bad-cop scenario may be quite right. The doctor is likely hiding behind the mean staff who do his bidding for him. The doctor needs to realize that this is turning people off!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][484151].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2013

It is indeed a pleasure to have the opportunity to review and comment on this truly wonderful and highly skilled professional. I am 69 years old and have been a patient of Dr. Spiera since I was 23 years of age. He is the best doctor and human being I have ever met. I suffer from polymyositis and he has been a true savior during all these years. He is knowledgeable, compassionate and a pleasure to speak with. I consider him my Guru.He is an excellent diagnosticion. If anyone would ask, I will always recommend him highly.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][484150].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2012

After reading the reviews I was anxious about my appointmnet. I should not have been. Everyone in the office was very professional and helpful. I found Dr. Spiera to be knowledgeable and shared a lot of info about my issue that my other rheumotologist had not. I would highly recommend Dr. Spiera and his office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][484149].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 16, 2011

I really don't know what all these complaints about staff are about. I have never been treated otherwise than courteously and professionally. As to the doctor, he listens and cares about his patients wonderfully

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][484148].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 15, 2011

cold callus uncaring unhelpful. left him for Dr Hal Mitnick; who is warm, thoughtful, caring, and much more helpful and wiser

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][484147].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][484146].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2010

Dr Spiera has been my doctor for nearly 30 years and he has, as others have remarked, saved my life several times. On the other hand, dealing with the manager of of his office is more than simply unpleasant, and even degrading; and after a really extraordinarily rude remarks she made to me, I decided that i must find another doctor. Much as think he is a fine physician, I'm too old to deal with this kind of stuff. In the end, I did get to see another doctor in the practice who was quite nice - but I had to explain to her 30 years of disease. The staff in Robert Spiera's office, especially those who have known me for a very long time, are perfectly nice - but let me tell you!!!!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][484145].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2010

The doctor is a very fine physician with that said part of using a doctor's office is dealing with the office help.All the years I have been going to doctor's offices I have never delt with such a nasty, rude and uncaring dog in my life.The first time I went there I had to drive a long distance from New Jersey and I asked her where the off street parking lots are she hung up on me.I ultimately left the office because of her.I went to him 4 times then I had enough.She's not efficient she's just plain nasty and rude.She got angry when my mother asked her where the ladies room was.She is more qualified to be a boxer then a secretary in a doctor's office.There is no excuse for this.All of this reflects badly on the Doctor's in the office. I had enough.Go someplace else.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][484144].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2010

No problem with his secretary. I have been a patient for over twenty years and have watched as patients DEMAND appointments that are unavailable, ask for ridiculous accomodations, break appointments without adequate notice and are generally pains in the you know what. This Doctor is the best in his field. He has a very busy office. His secretary is efficient, smart and capable. Every office should have a secretary like her!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][484143].votes_count ]]