Dr. Tamara Z. Maher

Rate Dr. Tamara Z. Maher

Dr. Tamara Z. Maher's Ratings

For every good thing that has happened with her there have been 4 negatives. There have been multiple times where I would call and leave a message and never receive a call back. The final straw is that I got sick with bronchitis/pneumonia last week. I called to ask for something for my cough as I couldn't sleep. They never called back, the next day I called again and they called something in for me. When I got the medicine it was listed as an antihistamine and it absolutely did not work. I called the next day (now Friday) to tell them that it didn't work and ask for something else. I was told it takes 48 hrs to work and to give it time. I told them that 48 hours is a long time to not sleep and they didn't say anything but told me to call back MONDAY if it didn't work. So it's Monday, and I call back and say I need something, I am not doing good. I am told the doctor wishes to see me, but can't until Wednesday and they won't be calling in anything in the meantime.

Submitted March 5, 2012 | flag

My wait time was about 30 mins. not too bad, but not pleasant.The Dr. was unfriendly, didn't smile once, and I actually got the feeling that she disliked me.She was unknowledgeable about a vitamin that I take and even mildly argued with me about the known and stated health benefits of the vitamin.The reception staff never got back to me with a question that I had.It's nearly impossible to get the office on the phone due to their daily 2-2 1/2 hr. lunches, and unhelpful answering service.

Submitted Jan. 9, 2012 | flag

She is very easy to talk to and she takes the time needed to answer questions. She follows up on her advice and makes sure I understand her instructions. She seems to care very much how I am doing and helps to keep my medicine costs affordable. I've been to many doctors across the country and she is one of the better doctors I've found. I am very grateful to her for overseeing my healthcare.

Submitted Dec. 23, 2011 | flag

Dr. Maher is a superb physician. She listens, asks questions, treats carefully and with compassion. She doesn't minimize my concerns but doesn't make a small thing into a majaor production, either. She has treated me for a couple years and I have confidence in her diagnostic capabilities and knowledge of treatment protocols. I have worked in the healthcare field and know a good doctor when I see one -- and she is an excellent doctor.

Submitted Jan. 28, 2011 | flag

I switched to Dr. Maher after not receiving adequate "cancer" care from my former doctor. Dr. Maher was very attentive to my needs/concerns and got things rolling for me immediately and even called me at home to see how I was doing which alot of doctors don't seem to do anymore.

Submitted Dec. 13, 2010 | flag

I was scheduled on two separate visits, both visits were on days that the physician was not in. I really cannot rate the physician because I never saw her and never will. I am switch PCP. The most horrible office help I have ever seen.

Submitted May 20, 2010 | flag

What a rude woman! I went in for back problems and her response to my issue was "So what do you want pills or time off work?". I told her I wanted help for my back and she just wrote me a prescription for Vicodin. I wanted help with fixing my back, not just pain pills. I changed my PCP that day and have been working on getting my back fixed with a real doctor. Maybe someone should tell her practicing medicine is more than just passing out pain pills.

Submitted Feb. 23, 2010 | flag

What a great doctor. She has been helping me through menopause & all the hormonal problems that go along with it. She spends a lot of time listening & she is very smart. She works with a compounding pharmacy & she is very informative about alternative types of medicine.

Submitted Dec. 31, 2009 | flag

I have a nursing education and I use a PPO. I've seen an M.D. all my life. Dr. Tamara Maher D.O. took an hour getting history from me, 90 mins total my first visit. She was very compassionate and up to date on studies that related to my visit. She gave me a natural alternative to a GI med I was on my first visit. We are working towards a compound cream based treatment instead of pills I currently take that my M.D. has had me on for years. Dr. Maher is a very knowledable / bright doctor.

Submitted Jan. 28, 2009 | flag