Rate Dr. Homan Mostafavi

Dr. Homan Mostafavi's Ratings

The staff and doctors here have been nothing but helpful. I suffer from terrible allergies and every time I have visited the Chandler location not only has Dr. Homan Mostafavi been nothing but educational and helpful, I have been able to get right in to see him. The staff and facilities are clean and updated with top of the line equipment. I have visited many allergy and ear nose and throat clinics in Phoenix and this is by far the best I have seen. Thank you to the staff and Dr. Mostafavi!

Submitted June 19, 2013 | flag

I waited over an hour past my scheduled appointment time. The office didn't seem efficiently run and the staff treated the long waiting time as normal. I understand that maybe there's 15-30 min you have to wait at the latest...but an hour and a half?? Once I finally got in to see Dr. Mostafavi, I explained my situation of severely swollen tonsils as a result of a prolonged illness I was dealing with. Because of the severity in how swollen and painful the tonsils were, he said it was a tonsular abscess (which turns out was NOT the case) and prescribed a very heavy antibiotic and high dosage of steroids to try to knock out the inflammation. The antibiotic gave me an allergic reaction and landed me in the ER. Another doctor that I saw after him said that you're never supposed to take that antiobiotic with steroids because of serious side effects. I will not be returning to this doctor and I hope that others will explore the other available ENT doctors in the valley.

Submitted July 15, 2012 | flag

In all my years I've NEVER taken time to review a Doctor, but this experience was the WORST! Incompetent office staff, an MRI was ordered by the Dr, but the WORTHLESS office staff couldn't submit a simple order. I called for 2 weeks, got an answering machine & they refused to call me back! Only when I threatened to contact AZ State Board of Medical did they FINALLY submit my MRI order? Dr. is awful, out of touch & did not listen to anything I said, I'd mentioned I'd lost some hearing in the USAF 16yrs ago being around Jet engines & he went on to tell me that WAR will do that to you, and going into details about IUD's etc. Who the "F" said anything thing about WAR I explained again it wasn't WAR & it was over 16yrs ago but the problem I was experiencing now is a 50% loss in both ears wanted to find out possible causes but he completely ignored what I had to say. I picked up my own MRI report, won't be back! It's your health, read the reviews & go some place else!

Submitted June 11, 2012 | flag

Dr. Mostafavi seems to be as good as most doctors. However his office is poorly run. Appointment wait times are unusually long. If you call the office, you usually get a tape machine or you are put on hold for ten minutes then the call is simply disconnected. If you leave a message on the tape machine, they don't call back. A few months ago, I tried for over a week to contact the office to reschedule an appointment, never could get through on the phone, so I FAXed my request for a reschedule. I received a call back from a staff member who made it very clear that she was highly annoyed that I'd faxed something I "should have called about." Recently, I bumped up against the same problem trying to get the office to FAX a prescription to an online supply company. Between me and the company, three weeks, several phone calls and a FAX later, no prescription. I finally got a real person on the phone today (after a six minute hold), and was told she'd have to call me back.

Submitted April 12, 2012 | flag

Horrible, after reading these reviews... I still called to make an appointment ...Horrible horrible placed on hold for more than 5 min and that is it... I hung up and called a place that took care of my needs. Have an appointment. This office Is a zero!!!!!

Submitted March 6, 2012 | flag

I was skeptical of all of the negative reviews that I read here and on google but my experience at this place was probably one of the worst doctor's offices I've ever visited. I went in for a minor allergy, nose breathing problem, post-nasal drip, etc. My first visit was uneventful, the doctor saw my nose and told me I had some minor PND (which I already knew) and prescribed some nasal sprays for it. They told me to make an appointment for a allergy test and I did but they neglected to tell me that I couldn't take any anti-histamines or sprays for at least three days before. So when i showed up they told me they couldn't perform the allergy test (apparently someone at the front desk neglected to give me the standard allergy test information sheet and I had never had an allergy test done before). I said ok, made another appointment for 8am the next week and they even gave me a card to confirm it. When I showed up, they told me my app. wasn't until 10am. The wait is usually 45 min.

Submitted March 1, 2012 | flag

This is the worst Dr. I have ever been to. I waited 3 hours, and ended up seeing a PA who had no experience at all. Then saw the dr. for 2 minutes. There were an entire office of patients in my same situation.

Submitted Jan. 15, 2012 | flag

I've been a patient here for about 2 years now and they've recently made changes, like getting new employees. I must say that they've gotten far better than what they used to. I would definatly recommend friends and family here now.

Submitted Nov. 8, 2011 | flag

Office Staff is HORRIBLE!! They just don't care. I was a patient 3yrs YES tolerated the incompetent staff for this long because Dr.Mostafavi is Ok. However in during this last year he has gained 2 Nurse Practitioners (unhelpful) and have not been able to see him-Because of STAFFs Incompetency to schedule WITH HIM as Ive requested multiple times. Now I transfered care to Dr.Vats across the street yes she's ENT as well. Major regret is wasting HOURS with his staff. So not worth it.

Submitted Oct. 31, 2011 | flag

Waited an hour after my appointment time, finally got into a room, waited another 30 minutes and then walked out. Ridiculous. You'll get better healthcare at WalMart.

Submitted Sept. 12, 2011 | flag