Rate Dr. Susan L. Marra

Dr. Susan L. Marra's Ratings

I saw great results when I went to Dr. Marra for Lyme and Bartonella. As a physician, I needed her stern words of authority in order to comply with her protocol. I am on the path to success because I have followed her suggestions, protocols, diet changes, and supplements. It feels like my body is more aligned to the path for healing while on difficult antibiotics. I appreciated her approach because this is exactly what I needed to get better.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2363191].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

Dr. Marra saved my life. When I came to her 3 years ago with Lyme and tick-borne disease I was so ill that down deep I really thought there was nothing anyone could do for me after 30 years of this illness being allowed to progress to the point of being disabled, where even getting out of the house and to her office once a month seemed insurmountable. I had seen roughly 40 doctors from the time of my first symptoms and none of them knew what to do with me. Dr. Marra was the only one to make sense of any of it, and never gave up on me. She has the expertise to deal with this complicated illness and is always on top of the latest research. She just has a wealth of knowledge, experience, and common sense and will use everything in her arsenal to figure out the problem at hand. I cannot recommend her enough—of course for tick-borne disease, but also as a general doctor, who will actually listen to you, take you seriously, and work to find the answers to make you well again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][484773].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2014

Excellent Doctor, I had been struggling with Lyme disease for over a year. I was really ill, and in pain. I could hardly get out of bed. I wanted a Doctor I could trust, who was experienced, and a specialist. I had researched all my options and with the help of my family we selected Doctor Susan Marra. Dr Marra has turned everything around, I have energy, my pain has subsided and I continue to get better. Lyme disease is not the central theme of my life anymore.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][484772].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2013

Dr. Marra really helped me with my Lyme disease. I’d been to many, many doctors who had no understanding of my condition or how to treat it (even when I told them I had a history of Lyme disease from 25 years ago). Dr. Marra knows her stuff. She listened to me, ran some tests, and then had a clear vision for treatment. I’m so happy to be feeling better after years of suffering from vague symptoms which had been getting worse. I’m still in middle of my treatment and healing journey but I’m already feeling a much greater sense of well-being than I have in years. Dr. Marra is thorough and dedicated; the healing process may take time, but she helpfully guides me along the way with her vast knowledge and compassionate expertise. I highly recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][484771].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 13, 2013

I believe Dr. Marra saved my daughters life. She is very knowledgeable, and puts a great deal of effort into understanding both the latest knowledge of chronic infections and the individual patient. She has been available in times of crisis. We have a team of doctors treating my daughter, but we always check everything with Dr. Marra ... she has been right every time, and my daughter has made significant progress under her care. We recommend her to anyone who is dealing with a chronic, unexplained illness.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][484770].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2013

Dr Marra is an expert in treating Lyme disease and its associated infections. How do I know this? I've been dealing with Lyme disease for over 8 years. I received no help from conventional doctors despite being sent to a myriad of specialists. My condition deteriorated until I found a doctor who specialized in Lyme disease and began to treat me with a combination of antibiotics. After moving to Seattle 2 years ago my symptoms resurfaced. This led me to Dr Marra. After reviewing my history and performing additional tests she also discovered that in addition to Lyme disease I also was infected by other tick-borne pathogens which were contributing to my symptoms. In addition to prescribing antibiotics Dr Marra designed a treatment protocol with supplements, herbal remedies, and another procedures to help alleviate symptoms, build up immunity and improve my strength/energy. Finding someone with Dr Marra's expertise and knowledge has been a godsend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][484769].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

Saw her for lyme. Was rude, brusque, talked in inflated terms about self, did not answer most questions, sold me supplements which I later found for half to third the price online, wanted me to follow her treatment quidelines without questioning her at all. Wanted me to take about 15 new supplements at once. I wanted to try one at a time. When I questioned her, she told me this meant I didn't really want to get well. Didnt remember what we had discussed from meeting to meeting. Fired me after taking almost $2000 for initial meetings. Said was because I had cancelled without notice, which I had not done. Think she didnt want to treat someone extremely sick and complicated, which would take more time, but she was willing to see me for expensive initial meetings.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][484768].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

Dr. Marra has given me my life back. I unknowingly contracted Lyme Disease in 2004 and went to countless medical doctors trying to figure out what was wrong with me with no luck. Before I got sick, I was a competitive athlete, but as I became sicker with no diagnosis, I not only lost my ability to exercise at all, but I couldn't work. I found Dr. Marra after searching desparately for answers on the internet as my symptoms continued to multiply. I knew that there had to be an underlying cause for my deteriorating health and the first visit I had with Dr. Marra, she gave me hope for recovery. I tested positive for Lyme and started treatment with Dr. Marra 7 months ago. Today, I can ride my bike again and work 40 hours a week. Dr. Marra is an INVALUABLE resource for Lyme patients. Yes, treatment is expensive (although fairly priced), time-consuming, and changes nearly monthly; but that is the only way to fight this horrible sneaky infection. I am so grateful for her and my recovery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][484767].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2012

After being a patient of Dr Marra's for over 2 years, I am a little suspicious of some of these similar sounding negative reviews. I'd been ill for almost two decades, and I'd given up ever hoping to feel better after seeing dozens of MDs that incorrectly diagnosed me with various syndromes of unknown etiology which seems is common with tick-borne illness. I was finally diagnosed at Bastyr clinic and referred to a lyme specialist, but I had no luck with them. Thankfully I discovered Dr Marra's office after some web searches. She is very thorough, and gives it to you straight. She gets a complete picture of your health through testing and clinical findings, and then works on figuring out the best method for your situation using both the testing results and her own clinical experience. No "one size fits all" treatment here. I doubt I would be here if it weren't for Dr Marra's help so I am very grateful for her experience and wisdom in treating this menacing disease.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][484764].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2012

After suffering mysterious illnesses my entire life that no MDs had been able to figure out, I read an article about Lyme disease and realized I had most of the symptoms (I'd been bitten twice in Eastern WA at age ~6). I found Dr. Marra after conducting Internet research on Lyme disease - her website was filled with helpful information. After a 2-hour medical intake appt. she sent me for extensive blood tests, which revealed Lyme Disease and 3 co-infections. I have been under her care since November 2010, at which time I didn't think I'd be alive at Christmas because of how horrific I felt. Dr. Marra never gave up on me and was always encouraging that I could get through this. She is always on-time for my appointments, she and her office manager are highly professional and proficient, Dr. Marra's depth of knowledge is incredible. We focused on killing the bad bugs, detoxing my body, and building my immune system. Without Dr. Marra, I know I wouldn't be alive today to write this review.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][484766].votes_count ]]