Rate Dr. Kayal Thevathasan

Dr. Kayal Thevathasan's Ratings

I have been going to Dr.T or 5 years when my first daughter was born. She is very helpfull and I trust her opinion when it comes to my children. MY son had breathing problems and she made every effort to make sure he was taken care of. The reception lady is also very nice, she always gives my kids stickers :)

Submitted June 24, 2013 | flag

I thought she was great, helpful, friendly and knowledgable. Staff was excellent and it was easy to get an appointment

Submitted June 7, 2013 | flag

All 3 of my children see Dr. T. She is wonderful! Marlene is her receptionist and she will always do her best to fit you in, especially in emergency situations. I have an 8 year old, 23 month old and now a newborn and Dr. T. Is knowledgable in every age group. Amazing!

Submitted April 15, 2013 | flag

My son was tongue tied and she was very good with him he didn't cry threw it she a good doctor.. but was wondering if she does circumsition and to what age

Submitted April 6, 2013 | flag

I like Dr. T, and so does my daughter. I do find it necessary to do my own research and be comfortable with my own decisions, because she has opinions/values that I consider somewhat outdated. She is not very supportive at all of breastfeeding... would always say things to me like "You're still breastfeeding? You're not giving any formula yet? Are you sure you're making enough milk?", which just seems so strange when public health is working so hard to get women to breastfeed. (And we are not talking about extended breastfeeding - she was expressing surprise that I was still breastfeeding by the time my baby was 4 months old, and in the 90th %ile for growth.) Still, I really like her and her secretary. They are very considerate about fitting us in in an emergency, and Dr. T. will even talk to you on the phone if you have questions about your child's symptoms. I would just say do your own research, and be comfortable with your decisions - especially around breastfeeding.

Submitted June 19, 2012 | flag

Dr Thevathasan is amazing ! My doctor sent a referral to her for when my son was born and the day he was born she was at the hospital checking him out. Whenever I need him to be seen, she will fit him in that day no matter what her hours are, she has given up her own time for my son and other patients. When he was diagnosed with rota virus, he became dehydrated and needed an iv, Dr T, made me wait in her office until she was certain that they're was a bed open in pediatrics for him so he wouldn't be forgotten in emergency, and she was they're to check on him around the clock until he was released. She is an amazing doctor and human being and i am extremely lucky to have her as a pediatrician. I feel completely 100% confident that my sons health is safe in her hands ! Her secretary is so caring and polite and remembers who i am every time, and she takes the time to say hi to my son and interact with him. I am so lucky to have them both !

Submitted Aug. 11, 2011 | flag

Dr. T. is a wonderful pediatrician. She is extremely knowledgeable, caring and thorough. As mentioned by others, she never rushes through appointments and takes the time to address all of your concerns and questions. She also knows how to speak to children, and my boys just love her. I haven't experienced any delays at her office...so I also gave her a 5 on punctuality. I would not hesitate to recommend her. She is just the best!

Submitted April 29, 2011 | flag

She is very often running behind schedule. She may know what she's doing but punctuality has not been shown recently.

Submitted April 3, 2011 | flag

Dr. T. is a good doctor, but every time we go she's at least 45 mins to 1 hour late. I don't think my kids get the right care because then she's rushed to catch up. But she does seem to know what she's talking about. Her secretary is amazing-the kids love her.

Submitted March 15, 2011 | flag

Wonderful, kind, helpful, caring and compassionate - took us as patients when we were desperate!!!!!

Submitted Dec. 27, 2010 | flag