Rate Dr. James Lacey

Dr. James Lacey's Ratings

This guy is the best surgeon in Ottawa. I checked out the main names of plastic surgery in Ottawa, and they are either hot shots, stuck up or awkward to the point where I felt way too uncomfortable taking my shirt off in front of him...won't tname names on here, but one was a total weirdo. Dr. Lacey is a normal guy, made me feel comfortable, and at ease. his nurse was with him too, a lady so that makes it way more comformtable for me. He spoke to me with compassion. I have massive sagging breasts, and need a breast reduction. Ill get it covered through ohip, and even thought Its embarssaing showing your body that your so uncomfortable with to someone else, it was ok. he and his nurse made it ok. He was really empathetic to my situation. The wait list is a bit long, but I will wait. He did my sister and my cousin for breast reduction.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2744284].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2015

I saw Dr. Lacey for a tummy tuck and breast Augmentation. I opted to go with only the tummy because of the cost...wasn't expecting it be that much. I saw three surgeons before I chose Dr. Lacey. All the other surgeons were quick, cold or hot shots. Dr. Lacey made me feel welcome and normal and explained the procedure to me. His staff are sweet. I read someone said they are arrogant...I don't know what they are even remotely talking about because they are nice and take time to speak to you. I had my tummy done and its awesome. I have had three babies and hated my stomach, now I can wear a bikini and my clothes look amazing. Thanks guys.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2742044].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2015

I had a tummy tuck with Dr Lacey and I couldn't be more pleased with the results. I am not a big person but I did have a great deal of sagging skin due to my two pregnancies. Dr Lacey restored my tummy to the look that I had before having children. The entire experience was positive and I would hesitate to recommend Dr Lacey and his facility to anyone considering surgery.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2742034].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2015

The front office staff are arrogant. They know it all: you know nothing about medicine or your own body. Dr. Lacey is interested in the dollars, for sure. He quoted me $650.00 to remove a small lump from my left leg, requiring an incision of about one inch in length., above the knee. My left leg is already very scarred, having been involved in a motor vehicle accident many years ago. I was a pedestrian and was struck by a motor vehicle. I have many, large, unsightly, scars, but at least I walk. A tiny incision above my knee is of little consequence to me. It certainly did not merit a $650.00 fee. I called a General surgeon. He removed the lump, at no cost to me, personally. OHIP paid for his services. The incision is less than one inch long. It is almost completely healed and is virtually invisible. I am delighted with the results, and thrilled with the cost. Both of which were substantially better than I likely would have received from this "Specialist" who didn't even bother to look at my leg. Had he done so, he would have known that the possibility of a one inch scar would not have induced me to drop $650.00! The same leg is already has numerous scars from previous surgeries, on it. Why worry about another one?

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2736356].votes_count ]]

Submitted Feb. 26, 2015

I recently received some botox injections from Cathy at this facility. She was exceptional and I am extremely pleased with my results. I did have a consultation with Dr. Lacey before being able to have this done and I was pleasantly surprised. After reading many negative reviews here, I wasn't sure what to expect. He was friendly and personable and didn't even try to push any other procedures onto me. I will be returning for more injections in the future. Very pleased with my experience and the receptionists were also warm and welcoming.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2736066].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2015

I had a breast augmentation done by this Dr James lacey in late 2013, the out come was very disappointing, one breast was much more bigger than other, no good measurement at all, after 6 weeks the bigger breast was sagging so bad, he gave me a lot of big scars. I went back to him with my complains, he saw how bad it was and promised to correct it without further scars and of course demanded for another money, after the surgery I woke up to see the biggest scar of my life, he gave meaningless excuses . I disliked my breast after child birth lost my self confidence but now I hate my breast, my body, the big scars I have answer questions about every time I take off my clothes, I am regretting my life for trusting Dr James lacey of Kanata plastic surgery. I am real, beware so that you don't regret.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2670587].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2015

I am only 3 days out post-op with upper eyelid surgery. So as far as final results, I can't quite speak to that. However, I can speak to my experience so far. The facility itself is just stunning, and the staff are so welcoming in friendly.
My experience with most doctors is that of superiority. That is not the case with Dr. Lacey. He comes across as so kind, caring and attentive with not the slightest bit of condescension. I look forward to being able to write up a follow up post in a few weeks once I have a better idea of my final result!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2642345].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2014

When I had my eye exam, the Dr. said that my vision went down terribly. She sent me for another to another Top Optometrist for his opinion on her suggestion of a possibility of having a surgery called Blepharoplasty (removal of excess skin on top lid). Both agreed that it was recommend to have it done. Dr. Lacey had previously done a surgery on my eyebrow to remove a cancer cell and I felt confortable going back to his clinic to have the procedure done.
I found Dr Lacey to be reserved and very professional in his approach with me. I had the surgery and I am to happy to regain my vision and not half of it. His staff are pleasant, helpful and accommodating. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the clinic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2613774].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2014

Had an excellent experience two years ago. Everyone was so helpful and knowledgeable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2557553].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2014

I found the staff to be very friendly, on time and helpful. All my questions were answered to the fullest and I left feeling excited to have my procedure done!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2505509].votes_count ]]