Rate Dr. James Lacey

Dr. James Lacey's Ratings

The front office staff are arrogant. They know it all: you know nothing about medicine or your own body. Dr. Lacey is interested in the dollars, for sure. He quoted me $650.00 to remove a small lump from my left leg, requiring an incision of about one inch in length., above the knee. My left leg is already very scarred, having been involved in a motor vehicle accident many years ago. I was a pedestrian and was struck by a motor vehicle. I have many, large, unsightly, scars, but at least I walk. A tiny incision above my knee is of little consequence to me. It certainly did not merit a $650.00 fee. I called a General surgeon. He removed the lump, at no cost to me, personally. OHIP paid for his services. The incision is less than one inch long. It is almost completely healed and is virtually invisible. I am delighted with the results, and thrilled with the cost. Both of which were substantially better than I likely would have received from this "Specialist" who didn't even bother to look at my leg. Had he done so, he would have known that the possibility of a one inch scar would not have induced me to drop $650.00! The same leg is already has numerous scars from previous surgeries, on it. Why worry about another one?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2736356].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2015

I recently received some botox injections from Cathy at this facility. She was exceptional and I am extremely pleased with my results. I did have a consultation with Dr. Lacey before being able to have this done and I was pleasantly surprised. After reading many negative reviews here, I wasn't sure what to expect. He was friendly and personable and didn't even try to push any other procedures onto me. I will be returning for more injections in the future. Very pleased with my experience and the receptionists were also warm and welcoming.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2736066].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2015

I had a breast augmentation done by this Dr James lacey in late 2013, the out come was very disappointing, one breast was much more bigger than other, no good measurement at all, after 6 weeks the bigger breast was sagging so bad, he gave me a lot of big scars. I went back to him with my complains, he saw how bad it was and promised to correct it without further scars and of course demanded for another money, after the surgery I woke up to see the biggest scar of my life, he gave meaningless excuses . I disliked my breast after child birth lost my self confidence but now I hate my breast, my body, the big scars I have answer questions about every time I take off my clothes, I am regretting my life for trusting Dr James lacey of Kanata plastic surgery. I am real, beware so that you don't regret.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2670587].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2015

I am only 3 days out post-op with upper eyelid surgery. So as far as final results, I can't quite speak to that. However, I can speak to my experience so far. The facility itself is just stunning, and the staff are so welcoming in friendly.
My experience with most doctors is that of superiority. That is not the case with Dr. Lacey. He comes across as so kind, caring and attentive with not the slightest bit of condescension. I look forward to being able to write up a follow up post in a few weeks once I have a better idea of my final result!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2642345].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2014

When I had my eye exam, the Dr. said that my vision went down terribly. She sent me for another to another Top Optometrist for his opinion on her suggestion of a possibility of having a surgery called Blepharoplasty (removal of excess skin on top lid). Both agreed that it was recommend to have it done. Dr. Lacey had previously done a surgery on my eyebrow to remove a cancer cell and I felt confortable going back to his clinic to have the procedure done.
I found Dr Lacey to be reserved and very professional in his approach with me. I had the surgery and I am to happy to regain my vision and not half of it. His staff are pleasant, helpful and accommodating. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the clinic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2613774].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2014

Had an excellent experience two years ago. Everyone was so helpful and knowledgeable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2557553].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2014

I found the staff to be very friendly, on time and helpful. All my questions were answered to the fullest and I left feeling excited to have my procedure done!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2505509].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2014

Dr.Laceys staff are excellent and extremely helpful. I have had a procedure with him and his nurses were excellent in my recovery. I would highly suggest having a consult with Dr. Lacey if you're interested in getting plastic surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2496012].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

Dr. Lacey has not (yet) operated on me but I still feel that it is important to review my experience with him. Firstly, he has an excellent staff. They are knowledgeable and friendly. I went to Dr. Lacey for a breast lift consultation 2 wks ago to date and he welcomed me with a big smile & a firm handshake. He answered all of my questions and did not rush me one bit; addressing all of my concerns! He was so nice and I assure you, this doctor knows his stuff. Just take a look at his wall that is covered in degrees, diplomas and various certifications. The only problem (a big one for me) is that he's expensive; about $3000 more than my second consult. He quoted me at $10 000 (taxes incl). Ouch! The saddest thing is that I know that he would be worth every penny, but 10 grand is too much for me to spend on my breasts. That being said, if you have that kind of money and level of expertise is a non-negotiable factor, then this doctor is definitely for you!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2363239].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

Staff was amazing what can i say... They helped me with everything I needed to know, Dr. James Lacey was great excellent awesome ETC. As for punctuality everything was timed perfectly and no one was late. Helpfullness I am lost for words everyone was great! Knowledge they obviously knew what they were talking about and provided me with what I needed. Overall great guy and a great staff and a great facility. Thank you very much Dr.James Lacey and TEAM! :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2363238].votes_count ]]