You may also like

Rate Dr. James Lacey

Dr. James Lacey's Ratings

I went to Dr. James Lacey once. I found he was subtly rude and racist. Yes, he is knowledgable and he has to be otherwise he wouldn't be allowed to practise. I will not go back even if he offered my free unlimited plastic surgery. My experience with him left me disgusted.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2796808].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

I only have great things to say about Dr. Lacey and surgical team! His reception staff are so friendly and supportive! All of his OR and recovery team are amazing as well. Dr. Lacey himself is very kind and knowledgeable, he's comforting and listens to the client's concerns. I was completely comfortable with him and love my results! I highly recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2784462].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

First of all I want to say "WOW"! My experience with Dr. Lacey and his staff was very impressive. I have never walked into a medical office where I've felt like a human being and not a number. The front desk staff was very polite and courteous, his nurses were very comforting and pleasant, and Dr. Lacey was comforting and actually listened to my complaint with care ( had one breast reduced). He told me after our consultation "I will do everything I possibly can to make you fell better" (about my complaint). And he was right...did not have any pain at all and I am very happy with the results. I highly recommend him for treatment. But remember, all cases are different and the results may vary as he explains at his consultation. Great job to you and your staff. 5 stars for sure!!! NA

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2774020].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2015

Dr Lacey is a pleasant guy and sure makes you feel very comfortable, but i think anybody is going to a doctor will be looking for a result rather than their pleasant greetings.
I'm extremely disappointed at the level of knowledge and experience and worse of all the way he deals with a procedure that has gone wrong. I think he needs to investigate the effect of certain substances that he injects. For instance in my case he injected steroid under my breast line to reduce the scar from the breast augmentation which caused dissolving the natural fat tissue under my breasts and as a result i see rippling that i didn't have before. I remember that i specifically asked him about this side effect and he ensured me of not having any side effect, but when he saw the issue the only thing he had to say was that he was sorry and I WAS VERY UNLUCKY...i found his response very unprofessional and careless. He suggested some vitamine E cream instead which i had to pay for, and it's not that the cost was bothering me but i know that a cream can't bring my natural fatty tissue back. I hope you think twice before getting a procedure done with him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2773782].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2015

This guy is the best surgeon in Ottawa. I checked out the main names of plastic surgery in Ottawa, and they are either hot shots, stuck up or awkward to the point where I felt way too uncomfortable taking my shirt off in front of him...won't tname names on here, but one was a total weirdo. Dr. Lacey is a normal guy, made me feel comfortable, and at ease. his nurse was with him too, a lady so that makes it way more comformtable for me. He spoke to me with compassion. I have massive sagging breasts, and need a breast reduction. Ill get it covered through ohip, and even thought Its embarssaing showing your body that your so uncomfortable with to someone else, it was ok. he and his nurse made it ok. He was really empathetic to my situation. The wait list is a bit long, but I will wait. He did my sister and my cousin for breast reduction.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2744284].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2015

I saw Dr. Lacey for a tummy tuck and breast Augmentation. I opted to go with only the tummy because of the cost...wasn't expecting it be that much. I saw three surgeons before I chose Dr. Lacey. All the other surgeons were quick, cold or hot shots. Dr. Lacey made me feel welcome and normal and explained the procedure to me. His staff are sweet. I read someone said they are arrogant...I don't know what they are even remotely talking about because they are nice and take time to speak to you. I had my tummy done and its awesome. I have had three babies and hated my stomach, now I can wear a bikini and my clothes look amazing. Thanks guys.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2742044].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2015

I had a tummy tuck with Dr Lacey and I couldn't be more pleased with the results. I am not a big person but I did have a great deal of sagging skin due to my two pregnancies. Dr Lacey restored my tummy to the look that I had before having children. The entire experience was positive and I would hesitate to recommend Dr Lacey and his facility to anyone considering surgery.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2742034].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2015

The front office staff are arrogant. They know it all: you know nothing about medicine or your own body. Dr. Lacey is interested in the dollars, for sure. He quoted me $650.00 to remove a small lump from my left leg, requiring an incision of about one inch in length., above the knee. My left leg is already very scarred, having been involved in a motor vehicle accident many years ago. I was a pedestrian and was struck by a motor vehicle. I have many, large, unsightly, scars, but at least I walk. A tiny incision above my knee is of little consequence to me. It certainly did not merit a $650.00 fee. I called a General surgeon. He removed the lump, at no cost to me, personally. OHIP paid for his services. The incision is less than one inch long. It is almost completely healed and is virtually invisible. I am delighted with the results, and thrilled with the cost. Both of which were substantially better than I likely would have received from this "Specialist" who didn't even bother to look at my leg. Had he done so, he would have known that the possibility of a one inch scar would not have induced me to drop $650.00! The same leg is already has numerous scars from previous surgeries, on it. Why worry about another one?

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2736356].votes_count ]]

Submitted Feb. 26, 2015

I recently received some botox injections from Cathy at this facility. She was exceptional and I am extremely pleased with my results. I did have a consultation with Dr. Lacey before being able to have this done and I was pleasantly surprised. After reading many negative reviews here, I wasn't sure what to expect. He was friendly and personable and didn't even try to push any other procedures onto me. I will be returning for more injections in the future. Very pleased with my experience and the receptionists were also warm and welcoming.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2736066].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2015

I had a breast augmentation done by this Dr James lacey in late 2013, the out come was very disappointing, one breast was much more bigger than other, no good measurement at all, after 6 weeks the bigger breast was sagging so bad, he gave me a lot of big scars. I went back to him with my complains, he saw how bad it was and promised to correct it without further scars and of course demanded for another money, after the surgery I woke up to see the biggest scar of my life, he gave meaningless excuses . I disliked my breast after child birth lost my self confidence but now I hate my breast, my body, the big scars I have answer questions about every time I take off my clothes, I am regretting my life for trusting Dr James lacey of Kanata plastic surgery. I am real, beware so that you don't regret.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2670587].votes_count ]]