Rate Dr. Hong Yan

Dr. Hong Yan's Ratings

I have seen Dr. Yan for two different reasons. Initially I was seeing her for severe endometriosis which was so severe that I had surgery a few months prior to her treatment. Within 2 sessions my pain was lessened greatly.

I also saw Dr. Yan while I was undergoing IVF treatment. She was extremely knowledgeable about the IVF cycle and when to do treatments. After my first ultrasound, with disappointing results from the medications, I saw Dr. Yan and she booked me in for a double treatment and my next ultrasound was the complete opposite. Doctors were shocked at my very optimistic results. I recently found out that I am pregnant and put so much of our success in the hands of Dr. Yan. She was very professional but so sweet and gentle with me when I cried in her office. She was willing to book extra treatments during her lunch hour to ensure that we had the success we were hoping for. I feel so lucky to have Dr. Yan as my acupuncturist and would eagerly recommend her to anyone.

Submitted Sept. 4, 2014 | flag

I have had great success with her. I went to her for my hot flashes which I have had for 3 years... my doctor put me on HRT but I didn't want to go that route because my mom is still on HRT and she is 80. I have never been to acupuncture before so I wasn't expecting a big difference after 1 treatment but after the first treatment I was able to sleep through the night! And after the third treatment my hot flashes were gone completely. I have recommended her to other people who have also found her treatments to work.

Submitted Sept. 4, 2014 | flag

I have back pains for more than 30 years, day and night, every day. In 2 or 3 sessions the pain went away and gave me many months of pain free life. If you are new to acupuncture have no worry: you will laugh at the little pinches you feel, as she has very good technique and light hands.

Submitted Sept. 4, 2014 | flag

I have been seeing Dr.Yan for the past year and it has made many positive changes in my health. Most recently I was in a lot of back pain. I didn't want to have to go to the chiropractor or go for painful physio but I was so uncomfortable i could not sleep. Also, I was scheduled for an operation in a couple days so I was feeling very stressed about the discomfort.

I had time for only one treatment before the operation but I afterwards I felt remarkably relief. I could not get over how much improvement was achieved. It relieved my pain and my stress.

Thank you Dr.Yan!

Submitted Sept. 4, 2014 | flag

She can fix pretty much anything, it is amazing! I have had a lot of issues with fatigue for quite some time and no one has been able to make me feel as much relief as she did. She can almost fix anything, and that's not exaggerating. I had at least 3 issues, all which I never thought might be fixable through acupuncture and she fixed every single one of them. I always get amazing results and feel so much better after seeing her. She is so easy to talk to and very good at what she does. I have never tried any other acupuncturists but I will never try after seeing her. She has a great memory, always knows who I am and remembers me and what we did last week. She definitely surpassed my expectations by a lot. Everyone should go see her!

Submitted Sept. 3, 2014 | flag

I had an extremely underwhelming experience with Dr.Hong Yan. I went into the office with high hopes from the reviews. I had some skin issues and she explained she would stick needles in the pimples...and that was about it....which sounds just petrifying to a person with skin issues already without much more of an explanation. She didn't check my pulse or anything that i was told is typically done by an acupuncturist other than looking at my tongue from afar. I had a terrible gut feeling about it so i decided not to go along with treatment afterward. The whole "consultation" lasted MAYBE 5 or 6 minutes...literally. We went to the front to pay and on her desk to the left there was a sign (which i would assume she has probably updated at this point) that said "Consultation........$20" So when she tried to charge me $45 i was a bit appalled not only for the fact that the sign said something different but it seemed almost criminal to be charging someone $45 dollars to talk with them for literally 5 minutes....If you're going to charge someone that much give them a bit of an experience at least. I pointed out that the sign said $20 and she stated thats with treatment. I had no clue what she was talking about and she said "Thats what it says on the website".....which is true, but i hadn't memorized or checked the price list on her website, i was going off what the paper said right in front of me. After a few embarrassing moments of going back and forth in front of one of her customers sitting and waiting she finally charged me $20.

I can't say if what she does is effective or not, since i never received a treatment but just by the manner in which she conducts business i would never go back or recommend.

Submitted Sept. 3, 2014

My experiences with Dr. Yan was not pleasant. Each time my appointment with her was scheduled for 30 minutes. When I had problems and needed needles on both back and tommy, she said she could only perform on one side and I need to make another appointment for the other half. I think we patients should be charged by each treatment rather than each 30 minutes. Also, during that 30 minutes, she doesn't check on me and move the needles around to increase stimulations like the other acupuncturists I see now. She doesn't perform the traditional check up when I was seen, like feeling the pulse on both hands or not even observing the tongue.

Submitted July 15, 2014 | flag

I saw .Dr yan today april 3/2014..she is amazing,very kind,sweet,knowledge.caring,very professional ,and honest.she really listen to my problems and taking the time without rushing .I highly recommended Dr yan.i am very happy with the treatment which is sciatic pain lower back...excellent Doctor......!!!!!!!!!

Submitted April 3, 2014 | flag

She offered me a complimentary session, I suppose I am a frequent customer. After the "complimentary" session she asked I could pay half instead... I was perplexed by this and decided I will not return. I do not expect anything for free; however I do expect folks to honour their offer.

Submitted Oct. 23, 2013 | flag

I saw Dr. Han in Nov/Dec of 2011 for 6 treatments and I thought she was great. I was skeptical as I'd never gone to an accupuncturist before, but I have to say that I've been sleeping better since I've seen her than I had been for years before. I used to have a lot of problems sleeping and now it's the norm for me to sleep 8 hours, right through the night; it's great. She is also very nice and punctual. I am now going back to her for shoulder pain.

Submitted Jan. 31, 2012 | flag