Rate Dr. Peter Liu

Dr. Peter Liu's Ratings

Dr. Liu has incredible knowledge and has received training with many different "tools" to help his clients. He is compassionate, patient and will do his best to help all of his clients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][487903].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2014

I have seen Dr. Liu over a number of years. Initially it was at a time of great stress (a perfect storm of difficulty), now I might see him every 6 months for what I think of as the mental health equivalent of dental hygiene appointments. He is capable of giving short-term guidance for immediate stress reduction (reduction, not relief!...things that are breaking your heart don't evaporate overnight!)....it takes time to unravel problems that are complex or have been building for years. He is kind, patient, non-judgemental and has helped me learn to understand and control my emotional reactions (learned in childhood) and not helpful to my functioning as an adult.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][487902].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2013

he is not a clock watcher, so everyone gets good value for their money. A good listener and very caring person, helped me a lot

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][487901].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2012

Two of my kids see him. They like him and I like him too. He is compationate, good listener, not a clock watcher and take his time with you. Not a big pill pusher like to try without medication until the last minute. He has always been on time with us.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][487900].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 4, 2012

When I first called Dr. Liu to get an appointment, it took him weeks to get back to me. At the appointment, my husband and I showed up exactly on time, then Dr. Liu proceeded to give us forms to fill in and disappeared for 20 minutes. (The person who referred me said this is normal for him) We have three kids, which means we had to have them babysat, so we did not appreciate this tardiness at all. The appointment went late, so we were rushed to leave, we paid but asked if we could pick up the receipt next time, which he agreed to. I have been calling him for 3 MONTHS to get our receipt (in order to claim it on insurance) and he has yet to call back. I cannot tolerate this total lack of professionalism in the least. Needless to say, we have not been back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][487899].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2011

Soft spoken and a gentle manner, good listener and clean environment makes for a satisfying visit for sure!Thank you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][487898].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2011

He has helped me immensely to cope with my depression, and to uncover my ADHD life. He always listens and gives the most competent of direction in order for me to uncover certain buried pains, and harmful behaviours, pointing out how they affect the reality of living now. His compassion, easy manner, and willingness to understand and accept ones personal circumstances is only exceeded by his stellar analysis and well thought out therapeutic advisements that give me the options that "I" could decide on, and that he would support. I emphatically recommend Dr. Liu !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][487897].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2010

Great guy! Listens, and opens you up in a gentle but effective way. He has an great wealth of knowledge, and has many resources to refer you to. I truly enjoy our sessions as I feel I have moved a little more in a better direction. By the way, he is his own staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][487896].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2009

The most competent psychologist I have ever met. Extremely compassionate and always puts his patient's best interest first. I highly recommend this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][487895].votes_count ]]