You may also like

Rate Dr. James H. Whiteside

Dr. James H. Whiteside's Ratings

Dr. Whiteside was very thorough and had a very kind approach to the difficulties we are having with an aging parent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2814457].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

Misdriangosed me even admitted that he over shot the diagnosis a bit put me on plavix even though the neruo intervention surgery that HE sent me to said that it was too aggressive treatment for me. I'm searching for someone else to get other opinions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2806147].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Whiteside to help me with my Parkinson's. He took extremely little time actually talking to me about anything. He knew of one drug (the most common for Parkinson's) he wanted to try. So I started a regiment of that. After a week or two, I told him it had no effect. So he doubled it (I thought you'd want to ramp up or something). Tried this for another week or two, saw no effects so he doubled it again. That's when the dystonia started. I suspect triggered by the massive doses of the med. When he wanted to double it again, I'd had enough and went elsewhere. Since then, the dystonia hasn't gone away.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2478672].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

He was really late and rushed with me. He was confused as to what is going on with me. He referred me to Seattle to further try and find out what's wrong. He could tell I can't walk well and I used a cane so he suggested I send in to his office a application for a disabled parking placard. I did but never received it.I went to the DMV and they had no record of it.I called Whiteside and his nurse said he would not fill it out because I did not have a diagnosis! He is the one who told me on the first place to fill it out and send it to him! Not acceptable at all. I will be changing neurologists for sure!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2363375].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

This doctor is great and truly cares about his patients. I referred my friend to him because his mom was having some major issues and he was able to figure out what was going on. I personally hate st Luke's because of all the surgeries and complications. It has made me a bitter person but I will not stop seeing dr Whiteside. Good doctors are hard to find.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][488018].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2013

I recently had an appointment with Dr. Whiteside and was exceedling pleased with the doctor and his staff. Dr. Whiteside was very thorough in the examination and provided me and my general practioner with a comphrehensive written report. I am a retired dentist, and I was most impressed with Dr. Whiteside's knowledge, competence, and manner. I recommend him most highly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][488017].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2013

Dr. Whiteside is one of the first drs. I have ever seen that seems concearned about his patients. He took time to explain my condition in terms that I could understand. I would recommend him to anyone with neurologocial issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][488016].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2012

Dr. Whiteside is a great doctor. He took time to address my concerns. Had a sense of humor and seemed to genuinely care. He even took me into his office to see my MRI b/c he could tell I was having trouble visualizing what he was explaining. I thought he was great. I can see where people might think he is brusque, but doctors are people too and I'm sure he has to give a lot of bad news to a lot of people. That has to wear on a person.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][488015].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2012

Appt. was very perfunctionary and impersonal. Little time was taken.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][488014].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2011

Dr. Whiteside told me we would never know why I was dizzy and did nothing to further investigate my symptoms. All it would have taken was a simple blood test, which another neurologist promptly ordered. Dr. Whiteside also was in charge of another family member's acute care, and his bedside manner was HORRIBLE. He was abrasive and unfriendly with the family and this family member.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][488013].votes_count ]]