Dr. George B. Gettinger

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 6 reviews. Dr. George B. Gettinger has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Periodontist (gums)-related: gum disease, gingivitist
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "George" to "George B."
RID: 2166563
29/05/12 5 5 5 5 I have been going to DR.Gettinger for about 8 yrs, the staff has always been friendly and knowledgeable. When I had surgery on my gums Dr. Gettinger called me up at home, on the weekend to ask how I was doing. This goes above and beyond what most MD's would do. He cares about his patients!!!
RID: 1475430
29/06/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gettinger went to the extreme to take care of my teeth. If you or anyone you knows needs a periodontist, he is the man you need to see! Lisa  Respond
RID: 1336787
14/01/11 3 3 3 3 My wife had peridontal surgery that took 35 minutes and the charge as you can see is $755.00. That works out to $1294.29 per hour.  Respond
RID: 1054195
10/12/09 5 5 5 5 I recently had implant surgery with Dr. Gettinger and am completely happy and satisfied with the entire experience. Dr. G. demonstrates a great deal of knowledge about implants, about the history, and about the most current methods of this procedure. Prior to this surgery he takes all the time needed to carefully explain what will be happening, and during the procedure he explains what he is doing which I find so very helpful. I had a lot of apprehensions before meeting with him, however after consultation meetings I became comfortable about proceeding. I fully recommend Dr. Gettinger, and would absolutely return to him for future help.
RID: 1021987
30/10/09 5 5 5 5 I wanted to thank you and your staff for a pleasant experience this past Monday/Tuesday. I can't tell you how nice it is to enjoy a meal today. It is the first time in months that I have been able to chew without discomfort. Although, I am not sure what lies ahead of me and the longevity of my teeth, I am trying to remain hopeful. To think three dentist later, including one who was going to sedate me to do the scaling and to have the procedure performed without needles, is remarkable. Your hygienist was sensitive, comforting and professional. I have been brushing, flossing and gargling 3 times a day and hope my next visit will be positive. I have even cut back to 1/2 a pack of cigarettes and hopefully by the time my next appointment rolls around (11/30) I will be free from this addiction. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 736097

04/12/08 4 4 1 1 This periodontist did not diagnose my fractured tooth. He blew me off when I told him my symptoms. He was rude, arrogant and stated that my bite was off and proceeded to sand down my teeth a bit. I had an abscessed tooth,which was fractured. I was on an antibiotic for it and he said I could stop taking it. It was a good thing I didn't. I went to another DDS who said it was an obvious fracture which resulted in pulling the tooth. This resolved the problem.I'm waiting to see the bill. Would not recommend this dentist.