Rate Dr. Louis J. Ziegler

Dr. Louis J. Ziegler's Ratings

I've been going to Dr. Ziegler for about a year now and couldn't recommend him any more highly!! The staff is super friendly, scheduling is flexible (including early evening appointments), and they understand when last-minute things come up and I need to shift my appointment (granted, I don't do this often, but it's nice that they don't charge me for it!) I've had ongoing back stiffness ever since a car accident about 7 years ago and with all the groupon specials for chiropractors, I figured I'd give it a try and went to my first chiropractor (not Dr. Ziegler). Then I learned my insurance covers it for a $15/visit copay (MUCH cheaper than the groupons!) and kept going. After a month or two with that person, I decided I wanted someone closer to home and I found Dr. Ziegler via Yelp. Dr. Ziegler did a thorough intake process, discussing my lifestyle, what I was looking for, the causes of the problem, etc. (MUCH more thorough than the other chiro). After about a month with Dr. Ziegler, he noticed my stiffness wasn't decreasing as quickly as he would expect and he suspected there might be a structural cause (something my previous chiropractor had never even considered), so he sent me for an MRI--turns out I had a bulging disc. That diagnosis allowed him to properly adjust treatment and I've made great strides since then. Dr. Ziegler also does acupuncture, which I'd love to try for allergies, but my insurance doesn't cover that and I can't afford the cost out-of-pocket. That said, when I mentioned my allergy problems to Dr. Z, he made several other recommendations for how I could control my allergies short of allergy shots and drugging myself to high heaven (as I'd previously done) and acupuncture. His suggestions (twice-daily use of a neti pot, among other things) has worked wonderfully and I've had the best allergy season (which for me lasts from March-October!) I've ever had in DC.

Submitted Aug. 25, 2014 | flag

Dr. Ziegler is exceptional. I went to him several years ago but hadn't needed his services for a while. When I injured my back last month I decided to try a chiro that was in walking distance of my home. It was then I learned what an amazing doctor, Dr. Ziegler is. This other place gave me a diagnosis that left me thinking I was lucky to be alive with all that is wrong with me and wondering where I might find the $4200 after insurance they wanted to charge. I went to Dr. Z for a second opinion and was reminded why I should have never looked elsewhere. He knows what he is doing, he makes you feel welcome and safe and he didn't want to charge me the $4200 to get better. His diagnosis was much less alarming, his treatment plan reasonable, and his ability to relate to the patient a rare gift. I'm two visits in and feel great.

Submitted Aug. 20, 2014 | flag

Submitted Aug. 6, 2014 | flag

Professional, kind, courteous, efficient, excellent medical practitioners and diagnosticians - Dr. Lou Ziegler and the staff at Advanced Health Center are truly exceptional. I would recommend them to anyone. Dr. Lou helped restore healthy movement in my neck, after years of intense athletics, and also identify something far more difficult to diagnose. All's well thanks to this doctor group! I grew up as a kid of a doctor in a small town near a major metropolitan area, and so was used to exceptional medical care. Since leaving home, I've found literally two doctors that are on par with the excellence in diagnostics, in attentiveness and treatment for routine check ups as much as for medical diagnostics, in professionalism of doctors and staff... Dr. Lou and his office are one of those. For something as important as doctors and health care, honest and thorough reviews are so important because it's so hard to find good doctors! Dr. Lou and team are fantastic - give them a try!

Submitted May 4, 2014 | flag

When I first came to Advanced Health Center I had extreme lower left back pain. I was a former athlete, current runner and only 25. Dr. Ziegler immediately took angled X-Rays of my back instead of the traditional straight on kind. From the X-rays he was able to diagnose me with Spondylolisthesis, something I had actually had for years but no other Chiropractor had ever caught. From this discovery Dr. Ziegler was able to drastically reduce my level of pain to a manageable level. I am incredibly grateful to how attentive to my pain and needs Dr. Ziegler and his staff were. I also have a busy schedule, and every time I was going to be late or needed to reschedule I was never penalized. While I have extremely limited pain now I still ensure that I visit the office at least once a week to keep my progress where it is now. I recommend the Advanced Health Center and Dr. Ziegler to anyone who has any type of pain. He will take great care of you!!

Submitted March 24, 2014 | flag

I had tendon adhesions in my finger and consequently had very limited mobility in the joint. I went through physical therapy with very limited results. I was facing the prospect of surgery. I contacted Dr. Ziegler about my condition. He is caring, very knowledgeable and took time to give me a detailed explanation of various treatment options including laser and ultrasound. After two weeks of treatment the mobility in my finger had increased dramatically and continues to improve. I would highly recommend Dr. Ziegler.

Submitted Dec. 7, 2013 | flag

Dr. Ziegler literally changed my life. After not being able to walk for almost 10 years due to arthritis and severe pain, within one week of seeing Dr. Ziegler my pain was literally gone!! I am still amazed and in disbelief that this could even be possible. After going to numerous medical professionals, including orthopedic surgeons, physical therapists, other chiropractors, etc. and getting no help for my pain you can only imagine my joy. I am walking again and it is only going to get better. Actually his entire office staff (including other medical professionals) are all excellent. I cannot say enough good things about him and his practice. My only regret is not finding him sooner!!!

Submitted Aug. 14, 2013 | flag

I have been seeing Dr. Ziegler for a little over 2 weeks regarding a problem I had with stiffness in my neck from years of lifting weights, along with viewing a computer hours upon end at work. The improvement in this short amount of time has been remarkable......the stiffness is rapidly going away and my flexibility is returning. Dr. Ziegler and his staff are very personable and professional.......I highly recommend.

Submitted June 4, 2013 | flag

I'm a new patient. My ENT said my Benign Positional Vertago wasn't realted to Ear issues. Dr. Zeiglr insisted on X-rays & a more serious condition was seen. Adjustments & therapy continue while further MRI diagnostics are made. Bravo.

Submitted March 12, 2013 | flag

I have been a patient at Advanced Health Center for over two years and i can say without doubt that you will not find better group of doctors and staff to help in your healing process. I have gone for physical therapy for back pain. I also am going for acupuncture treatments that have been recommended to me by the physicians I saw for surgery and also for interstitial cystitis. The best and simplest way I can put it is that I have had great results. My family and friends have all commented on my improvement. The office is unique in that you will not find a more comfortable place to go to. To Dr. Ziegler, Dr. Shafai, Tetsuhiro Ueno and Dr. Nguyen and their staff, I give my sincere thanks for their good work.

Submitted March 11, 2013 | flag