You may also like

Rate Dr. Louis J. Ziegler

Dr. Louis J. Ziegler's Ratings

I had no idea what to expect, but it's been a wonderful experience. The staff is really nice and helpful as well. They are very accommodating for this new patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2743931].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2015

Dr. Louis Ziegler is an amazing chiropractor that knows his stuff. I had lower back pain for 2 years and on my first visit to Advanced Health Center, he took an x-ray and found out that I had a compressed disc (L5) in my lower back. Before seeing Dr. Lou I was not able to walk without a tremendous amount of pain and I just figured that I would always have this pain and would have to give up many activities that I like for the rest of my life. However, since my sessions with him, I have been able to walk pain free and although I still have some sessions to go, I can see myself doing some of the things I enjoy in the near future. Doc Lou has also helped with working on my neck for migraine pain, which I have not had since he has worked on me. I am very grateful that Dr. Lou is on my insurance plan because he has made a difference in my health.

Lou is very professional, has a kind disposition and has been able to put my mind at ease and make me feel safe in his care. He shows that he genuinely cares about my health by always taking the time to listen to my questions and answering them, and he never rushes me out the door.

The atmosphere when I walk into the Advanced Health Center is very positive and relaxing and the staff members are awesome and very friendly. If I need to change an appointment they are very accommodating. Thank you to the nice ladies at the front desk, Joanna, Amanda and Sarah, and to the two wonderful technicians, Ellie and Meredith. All of you contribute to the great atmosphere at AHC. I also really like the nature tapes that play in the front office, because I am fascinated with animals and nature.

If you want a caring and attentive chiropractor check out Dr. Ziegler, he is a top notch doctor and just an overall great guy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2703723].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 30, 2015

If you are looking for great chiropractic care - Dr. Ziegler is your guy. I went to see Dr. Ziegler for neck pain that was radiating down my arm and had been bothering me for some time. I had seen another doctor some months prior who took all of five minutes to tell me I had ‘tennis elbow,’ then prescribed Naproxen and icy hot. But when the pain continued to persistent, I decided to look for a second opinion. In my search I came across Dr. Ziegler and the Advanced Health Center. From the start, I was, and continue to be, impressed with Dr. Ziegler. He seems to encapsulate the rare find of a doctor who is warm, attentive, and takes the time to listen to you; he has an innate passion and energy that is directed around helping find a pathway to better health. After an x-ray, which he did right there, he found I had arthritis in my neck which was causing the radiating pain, after some appointments to treat it and learning about exercises I can do to help; the pain is gone and continues to stay gone. I didn’t have to take any drugs either – I like that!
If you are looking for a doctor who is passionate about his work and the people he treats, I highly recommend Dr. Ziegler and his excellent staff – very welcoming and caring!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2698285].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2015

I decided to see Dr. Ziegler after reading his online review. When I went to see him first time, I was not able to walk or bend. I had excruciating pain getting out of bed in the morning. After one week of therapy I was able to get out of bed with out crying. Now I am completely pain free. Dr. Ziegler and his his staff are very friendly. No waiting time and it is easy to get appointment. I highly recommend him to others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2543719].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 20, 2014

I've been going to Dr. Ziegler for about a year now and couldn't recommend him any more highly!! The staff is super friendly, scheduling is flexible (including early evening appointments), and they understand when last-minute things come up and I need to shift my appointment (granted, I don't do this often, but it's nice that they don't charge me for it!)

I've had ongoing back stiffness ever since a car accident about 7 years ago and with all the groupon specials for chiropractors, I figured I'd give it a try and went to my first chiropractor (not Dr. Ziegler). Then I learned my insurance covers it for a $15/visit copay (MUCH cheaper than the groupons!) and kept going. After a month or two with that person, I decided I wanted someone closer to home and I found Dr. Ziegler via Yelp.

Dr. Ziegler did a thorough intake process, discussing my lifestyle, what I was looking for, the causes of the problem, etc. (MUCH more thorough than the other chiro). After about a month with Dr. Ziegler, he noticed my stiffness wasn't decreasing as quickly as he would expect and he suspected there might be a structural cause (something my previous chiropractor had never even considered), so he sent me for an MRI--turns out I had a bulging disc. That diagnosis allowed him to properly adjust treatment and I've made great strides since then.

Dr. Ziegler also does acupuncture, which I'd love to try for allergies, but my insurance doesn't cover that and I can't afford the cost out-of-pocket. That said, when I mentioned my allergy problems to Dr. Z, he made several other recommendations for how I could control my allergies short of allergy shots and drugging myself to high heaven (as I'd previously done) and acupuncture. His suggestions (twice-daily use of a neti pot, among other things) has worked wonderfully and I've had the best allergy season (which for me lasts from March-October!) I've ever had in DC.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2513322].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

Dr. Ziegler is exceptional. I went to him several years ago but hadn't needed his services for a while. When I injured my back last month I decided to try a chiro that was in walking distance of my home. It was then I learned what an amazing doctor, Dr. Ziegler is. This other place gave me a diagnosis that left me thinking I was lucky to be alive with all that is wrong with me and wondering where I might find the $4200 after insurance they wanted to charge. I went to Dr. Z for a second opinion and was reminded why I should have never looked elsewhere. He knows what he is doing, he makes you feel welcome and safe and he didn't want to charge me the $4200 to get better. His diagnosis was much less alarming, his treatment plan reasonable, and his ability to relate to the patient a rare gift. I'm two visits in and feel great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2505585].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2469370].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2014

Professional, kind, courteous, efficient, excellent medical practitioners and diagnosticians - Dr. Lou Ziegler and the staff at Advanced Health Center are truly exceptional. I would recommend them to anyone. Dr. Lou helped restore healthy movement in my neck, after years of intense athletics, and also identify something far more difficult to diagnose. All's well thanks to this doctor group! I grew up as a kid of a doctor in a small town near a major metropolitan area, and so was used to exceptional medical care. Since leaving home, I've found literally two doctors that are on par with the excellence in diagnostics, in attentiveness and treatment for routine check ups as much as for medical diagnostics, in professionalism of doctors and staff... Dr. Lou and his office are one of those. For something as important as doctors and health care, honest and thorough reviews are so important because it's so hard to find good doctors! Dr. Lou and team are fantastic - give them a try!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2363419].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2014

When I first came to Advanced Health Center I had extreme lower left back pain. I was a former athlete, current runner and only 25. Dr. Ziegler immediately took angled X-Rays of my back instead of the traditional straight on kind. From the X-rays he was able to diagnose me with Spondylolisthesis, something I had actually had for years but no other Chiropractor had ever caught. From this discovery Dr. Ziegler was able to drastically reduce my level of pain to a manageable level. I am incredibly grateful to how attentive to my pain and needs Dr. Ziegler and his staff were. I also have a busy schedule, and every time I was going to be late or needed to reschedule I was never penalized. While I have extremely limited pain now I still ensure that I visit the office at least once a week to keep my progress where it is now. I recommend the Advanced Health Center and Dr. Ziegler to anyone who has any type of pain. He will take great care of you!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][488712].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

I had tendon adhesions in my finger and consequently had very limited mobility in the joint. I went through physical therapy with very limited results. I was facing the prospect of surgery. I contacted Dr. Ziegler about my condition. He is caring, very knowledgeable and took time to give me a detailed explanation of various treatment options including laser and ultrasound. After two weeks of treatment the mobility in my finger had increased dramatically and continues to improve. I would highly recommend Dr. Ziegler.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][488711].votes_count ]]