Rate Dr. Andre Truter

Dr. Andre Truter's Ratings

I was very fortunate to have been referred to Dr. Truter. I was very concerned regarding a positive FIT test when I did have my consultation with him he answered all my questions and put my mind at ease. His manner was very friendly and approachable. In the hospital I was greeted with a big smile a gentle manner which made the nerves go away. Thank-you Dr. Truter!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][490844].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 1, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Truter for a consultation. I found him to be very approachable, answered all of my questions and did not appear rushed or unable to spend the time that I needed to discuss my problem. His office was very helpful in getting me a referral to a local GI specialist faster than I expected. I was very satisfied with my experience with Dr. Truter.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][490843].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2013

Thankyou! I was prepared for a very uncomfortable procedure and recovery, as I had experienced once before, eight years ago, at a different hospital, with a different Dr. This time I was referred to Dr Truter. He was very reassuring both at his office and again prior to the procedure in the hospital. I would not hesitate to recommend him to all my friends and relatives. We are fortunate to have him in Sidney. Many thanks Dr Truter.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][490842].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2013

I found Dr. Truter to be arrogant, condescending and judgemental. His bedside manner is extremely poor. I could not recommend him. I would not want to see him again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][490841].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013

I would hesitate to recommend Dr Truter to anyone because on almost every level I had a bad experience. I went to him for what i was told was a hernia. He did not order an ultrasound. He was very resistant to my request for laparoscopic surgery even when i told him how much i scar. i had to persist to finally get him to do it. He never gave any medical reasons why he opposed laparoscopy other than cost. If asked to describe him in a word, arrogant would come to mind. At a pre-op visit, without asking me if i would be alright with it or even telling me in advance, he brought in a young female intern. i was standing there with pants and underwear down while they were discussing me and reaching over to palpate beside my scrotum. After surgery i was told there would be no follow-up visit, to call my GP if any concerns. One year later I still have the pain in the same vicinity which i suspect was caused by something else. But I'm sure he doesn't want to hear about it. No desire to see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][490840].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 30, 2012

Excellent surgeon. I needed a couple of very uncomfortable procedures almost a year ago now, he was knowledgable and skilled. Ran in to a complication after (not his fault, luck of the draw, and I just got unlucky) he was very concerned, followed up, and took excellent care of me... Maintaining a sense of humor and fantastic bedside manner along the way. His assistant is a caring, wonderful lady. We are so lucky to have him on the Peninsula!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][490839].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2012

I endured 3 useless painful surgeries by Dr. Truter. When I asked for a second opinion before another more extensive surgery he told me I could not get a referral. The surgery he was going to do would have changed my life in a terrible way. I went to another surgeon and what Dr. Truter wanted to do was thankfully not necessary. Do not trust this man! Get a second opinion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][490845].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

Dr. Truter is an excellent surgeon and I am really happy that I was referred to him. Very professional and excellent staff at his office. Thank you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][490838].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2012

TOP NOTCH! AS PREVIOUSLY STATED WE ARE VERY FORTUNATE TO HAVE A DOCTOR HERE WITH HIS SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE. HOPE YOU STAY ALONG TIME. THANK YOU

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][490837].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2012

Made the right diagnoses after promptly attending to my late night, urgent condition. Follow up was very helpful too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][490836].votes_count ]]