Rate Dr. Stephen D. Elgert

Dr. Stephen D. Elgert's Ratings

Dr. Elgert is an excellent doctor, very professional and friendly. He asks many life questions pertaining to health, takes an interest in you personally and is very thorough. When doing lab work the staff will send samples to labs that are covered by your insurance. The staff is always friendly, waiting is kept to a minimum.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][491285].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2013

I went to Dr. Elgert for a UTI day after Thanksgiving. He had NO bed side manner and gave me a prescription. I was pretty sure I was bothering him by stopping by with my problem. I said I thought it might be a UTI and he said maybe the test results would be in on Monday and gave me a prescription. When I went to have the prescription filled it was going to cost $187.00. I asked the pharmacist why so expensive...( I suddenly felt MUCH sicker )Answer : He had given me a prescription for a month. She said unless I was chronic she had not seen a prescription for that long, in fact she thought it would give me a yeast infection...She called the doctor for me to ask why and he reduced it to a week..... Either I needed it or I didn't. A call from a pharmacist should not have changed it! AND he charged an extra 113. for after hour visit...It was 10:00 AM albeit the Friday after Thanksgiving.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][491284].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2012

This doctor is SO weird, makes strange comments, made me feel very uncomfortable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][491283].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2011

This medical practice has the most horrible front office staffing I have ever encountered. Unresponsive. Never return a phone call.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][491286].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

When I was trying to conceive @ age 34, Dr. Elgert told me to "Just relax and it will happen." He did not listen to my concerns about "advanced maternal age," and told me I had "plenty of time." It also seemed as though he had never heard of the Fertility Awareness Method (for birth control/family planning) and he had no interest in talking about or looking at my basal body temperature charts. Telling me to relax and take vitamins was not very helpful medical advice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][491282].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2010

Dr Elgert is very professional and always has a great attitude.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][491281].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Great listener! If he's not sure exactly what's going on he will at least send you to the right specialist. I got blown off by a few specialist because I am young and otherwise healthy. He reassured me that we would figure it out and not to give up - we just haven't found the right specialist yet. And we DID figure it out! Also, I was on short term disability for 3 months and when the STD company gave me a hard time he called them 7 times in one day alone to straighten it out for me! He really cares about his patients and definitely goes above and beyond. I highly recommend Dr. Elgert and have already sent family & friends to see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][491280].votes_count ]]