Rate Dr. Alex Klestov

Dr. Alex Klestov's Ratings

I saw Dr Klestov in Rockhampton, having to travel 1.5 hours to get there.
I received a call the day before to confirm my appointment. At that time I was offered a cancellation three hours earlier which I accepted. I then cancelled and changed all of my child-care arrangements.
I arrived at my new appointment time and was rudely told that I was very early and there were three new patients ahead of me. The receptionist not only denied that I had been given a new appointment, she refused to believe that anyone might have done that, implying that I was lying.
Told to go away bit to have my phone on in case she phoned me, I would then have ten minutes to get back!!!
I went and had lunch, shopped etc then came back at my previous appointment time. I was told that I shouldn't have returned until she called me. there was still a two hour wait, no room in the waiting room so go wait on veranda.
Got to see Dr K an hour after my original time. He introduced himself, asked the first question and as I replied his mobile phone rang so he answered it with no apology to me. Went out to chat with receptionist. Came back, sent a text then asked me to carry on. A minute later he read a new text on his phone, wrote anther reply and then spoke to me for 10 minutes. At the end he asked me to guess where he was from. Wrote me a script and some blood forms and told me to make an appointment in three months.
I went to pay, was told they don't take EFTPOS so was made to drive off to find an ATM but "hurry because we are closing up now and don't want to be late".
I will NEVER go back to this man. It was an awful exerience.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2525351].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2014

I have been seeing Dr Klestov since 2006 for Scleroderma management & I refer to him as my 'guardian angel'. He is clinically very experienced & knowledgeable & also is insightful & understanding of the impact connective tissue disorders have on our daily lives. I think it's his compassion & desire to support beyond that which is clinical that impacts on his punctuality. I don't mind waiting because I know that on occasions when I have needed a higher level of consultation or support he has given me the extra time. I find his manner warm & engaging - he is a good listener who encourages me in areas I can help myself & he has a delightful sense of humour.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][493931].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2013

Great personality. Punctuality badly needs to be addressed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][493930].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2013

Very much an 'old school' type Dr. Would not recommend him for younger patients. Not willing to work with my Gastroenterologist who wanted to work with him due to my liver problems that were diagnosed prior to RA diagnosis. Kept me on older type medication despite my inflammatory markers and pain increasing constantly and said I wasn't 'bad' enough for Biologic medication eg Humira, Enbrel etc. Absolutely terrible timekeeper. It was nothing to have to wait 2 + hours after appointment time and not once in the 12 months I saw him was he even close to being on time. He seems very gentle in his approach and I can see why older people would like him because of that. Disappointing that he never arranged any baseline X-rays or scans for me at all and despite my deteriorating liver function tests he increased the dosage of the medication that was making me feel unwell and decided I didn't need monthly blood tests. Very disappointing and wish I had changed Rheumatologists long before I did.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][493929].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2013

Avery good rheumatologist ,he actually listens ,found him to be very helpful and an extremely nice person.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][493928].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2012

I think he looks like Anthony Hopkins. He has beautiful speech. A fantastic guest speaker and friend of the Bundaberg Region Arthritis Support Group.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][493927].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 3, 2011

Don't expect good bedside manners, however treatment has been excellent. My husband found a possible treatment for my condition on the internet which we took to Dr Klestov. He researched the information before discussing options and trialing the treatment, I have not had a reaccurance in the past 4 years since the treatment. My confidence in his procedures is very high, i feel very safe in his hands.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][493926].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2010

He is very knowledgeable and at first comes across as a bit standoffish but once you get him talking he has quite a great sense of humour and is very kind and understanding. I would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][493925].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2010

very strong knowledge base, not so much bedside manner. powerful hands.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][493924].votes_count ]]