Dr. Alex Klestov

Rate Dr. Alex Klestov

Dr. Alex Klestov's Ratings

I have been seeing Dr Klestov since 2006 for Scleroderma management & I refer to him as my 'guardian angel'. He is clinically very experienced & knowledgeable & also is insightful & understanding of the impact connective tissue disorders have on our daily lives. I think it's his compassion & desire to support beyond that which is clinical that impacts on his punctuality. I don't mind waiting because I know that on occasions when I have needed a higher level of consultation or support he has given me the extra time. I find his manner warm & engaging - he is a good listener who encourages me in areas I can help myself & he has a delightful sense of humour.

Submitted Dec. 5, 2013 | flag

Great personality. Punctuality badly needs to be addressed.

Submitted Aug. 6, 2013 | flag

Very much an 'old school' type Dr. Would not recommend him for younger patients. Not willing to work with my Gastroenterologist who wanted to work with him due to my liver problems that were diagnosed prior to RA diagnosis. Kept me on older type medication despite my inflammatory markers and pain increasing constantly and said I wasn't 'bad' enough for Biologic medication eg Humira, Enbrel etc. Absolutely terrible timekeeper. It was nothing to have to wait 2 + hours after appointment time and not once in the 12 months I saw him was he even close to being on time. He seems very gentle in his approach and I can see why older people would like him because of that. Disappointing that he never arranged any baseline X-rays or scans for me at all and despite my deteriorating liver function tests he increased the dosage of the medication that was making me feel unwell and decided I didn't need monthly blood tests. Very disappointing and wish I had changed Rheumatologists long before I did.

Submitted April 29, 2013 | flag

Avery good rheumatologist ,he actually listens ,found him to be very helpful and an extremely nice person.

Submitted Nov. 4, 2012 | flag

I think he looks like Anthony Hopkins. He has beautiful speech. A fantastic guest speaker and friend of the Bundaberg Region Arthritis Support Group.

Submitted July 3, 2011 | flag

Don't expect good bedside manners, however treatment has been excellent. My husband found a possible treatment for my condition on the internet which we took to Dr Klestov. He researched the information before discussing options and trialing the treatment, I have not had a reaccurance in the past 4 years since the treatment. My confidence in his procedures is very high, i feel very safe in his hands.

Submitted Dec. 4, 2010 | flag

He is very knowledgeable and at first comes across as a bit standoffish but once you get him talking he has quite a great sense of humour and is very kind and understanding. I would highly recommend him.

Submitted Nov. 25, 2010 | flag

very strong knowledge base, not so much bedside manner. powerful hands.

Submitted Oct. 31, 2010 | flag