Rate Dr. Michael Anton Van Ameringen

Dr. Michael Anton Van Ameringen's Ratings

Although you might have to wait a little while for your apt. (as he's often so busy) Dr. Van Ameringen is a great doctor-he never makes you feel rushed; even when you know he's Extremely busy. He's serious; but also has a great sense of humor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1247477].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2012

Dr Van Amerigen may possibly be the most patient individual I have ever met. I know if roles would be reversed I would have lost any tolerance required to continue to try to help. When you meet this man he goes above and beyond the Dr Role. HE actually tries to help you out with real life stuff that may make your recovery easier and faster. People who say he is late, yes, Your appt will almost surely NOT start on time. There are many reasons for this - one is that he is one of the most successful/popular doctors in this field anywhere. I was at one appt with him and he had just flow back from a speach he had to give at a medical conference in KOREA. His asst told me this - when he came in it was no lie the poor guy could barely keep his eyes open but, again, he has unbelievable fortitude. Though obviously tired he didnt miss anything In our discussions. At the end of appt he professionaly layed out what I needed to continue to do (meds or no meds) to reach optimal recovery.Thanks Doc

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1247476].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2012

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1247478].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2012

Dr Van Ameringen is more than just a psychiatrist that prescribes meds. He actually listens, is compassionate and approachable, and very knowledgeable not only in his area of expertise, but in others as well. Without him, his thorough assessments, and combination of meds and many talks, I would not be here today.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1247475].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2012

Dr. Van Ameringen is never on time but when you are with him he gives you all the time you could possibly need. This doctor turned my life around when I was ready to give up. I do not know where I would be without him. He is kind but tough. He is the very best there is.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1247474].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2012

This man prescribes medication known to increase suicidal ideation in teens...and have his assistant allude to non existent studies. The man is a menace and should be charged with professional misconduct.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1247473].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2011

This doctor is very kind, patient and dedicated. He is very professional and at first I felt that his manner lacked warmth but I soon learned that he is very compassionate and caring. His interest in helping me was sincere and he persisted with treatments long after I wanted to give up in despair and desperation. He has seen me through horrible, low times in my life and been very encouraging to me year after year. Living with mental illness is a burden but having an excellent doctor has helped me every step of the way.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1247472].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2010

I love Dr. VanAmerigan. He helped me when times were really tough. He is usually late though which I don't mind because if I need the time, he never shuffles me out. I did forget a few appointments in a long timespan and I got charged $75. It kinda made me mad, especially since I wait at least 1/2 hr every time i go there for years now. But policy is policy and he is still a great doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1247471].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2009

Dr. Van Amerigan is a kind, compassionate Dr. who truly cares about his patients' well-being as well as their families. I am truly grateful to have received treatment from him. He has helped me in immeasurable ways to truly change my life around. He is a credit to his profession.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1247470].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2008

This gentleman is truly a credit to his profession. He believes in his patients and his treatments and works with you to make you well. Sometimes he will challenge you and not let you off the hook, but his directness makes him develop a very honest, approachable relationship with his patients. He is truly a pioneer in the study of anxiety disorder. Thanks to this man, the world is a better place. He listens and truly understands what his patients are going through. He WILL make you better.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1247469].votes_count ]]